“Double billed?”

Ranked #21 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
A TripAdvisor Member
“Double billed?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2012

Whistler website booking requires full payment at time of last minute booking. When I arrived at the Tantalus they had no booking for me and they booked me in indicating that no payment is made through whistler's booking and catching they charged my credit card.

Review collected in partnership with Whistler Blackcomb.com

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
L_River0, Manager at Tantalus Lodge, responded to this review, April 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your email. Please note that when you book through a website other than www.tantaluslodge.com we ask a Credit Card to guarantee the reservation and cannot be charged by the third party. In your case I can see you made your reservation through a third party and at the time of arrival we had still not received the information from that vendor, this is why the reservation was not in and you were asked to present a credit card at check in. Please feel free to contact me if you were double charged.

Rooms Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Surrey, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

I've not really got much to add to the recent reviews. Although it is run like a hotel, it is really a group of apartments with daily room cleaning and bed making. We had a 2 bedroom unit with two bathrooms and a kitchen/lounge. The kitchen was well appointed but we mainly used it for breakfast - there is a small supermarket with most provisions, just a short walk into the village and a larger one up by the ice rink. Room heating is individually adjustable electric units and the hot water seemed endless. Beds were comfortable and storage was adequate. Skiing equipment should be left in the locker room and ski locks can be obtained from the front desk. Unlike Europe, ski boots can be worn inside the lodge and be kept in the room. Staff were very friendly and exceptionally helpful. All in all it is ideally located on a quiet road just a few hundred yards from the Whistler gondola.

Room Tip: If you are unhappy with the allocated room, have a chat with the manager.
2 Thank K_the_sunlover
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable comments. I am very happy to read you enjoyed our facilities and how accommodating our ski storage facilities are.

We look forward to your next visit.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

We enjoyed the space and kitchenette. My family enjoyed a lasagna we brought with us for dinner and went out to the village for dessert. This room was a wonderful place to relax after skiing, and close enough to the village for us to make good use of the shops. My family enjoyed the outdoor hot tub much more than I expected. Overall, a great way to relax after a day of skiing hard.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Whistler Blackcomb.com

Dear Guest,

Thank your for taking the time to share your experience with everyone. It is gratifying to read you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to your next visit.

Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2012

We booked this hotel direct and have not been disappointed! The hotel is about a 10 minute walk in your ski boots but it runs a courtesy bus every morning from 8am - 11am and then again from 2pm - 6pm. The rooms we stayed in were apartments with 2 bedrooms (one with en-suite and a main bathroom), kitchen, lounge. The beds were the most comfortable we had ever slept in at a ski resort, housekeeping visited every day and left clean towels and made the beds.

I unfortunately had a little fall on the 2nd day of 10. When I arrived at the hotel limping they helped me to my room and arranged for their courtesy bus to take me to hospital. I came back with a wheel chair and they immediately offered to move my party to a ground floor room. They then brought me a log for the fire, crushed ice for my leg and a free movie voucher for my room. Every time I had to visit the hospital/leave the hotel they arranged for the bus to wait for me.

All in all this hotel surpassed our expectations. If you want to be close to the village for access to the slopes but yet far enough away from the hustle and bustle this is for you. Like I said, only 10 mins walk in your ski boots. They also have a locker where you can lock your skis away at night. Clean, warm, friendly and a definite 10 out of 10 from my party of 8. we will be back!

1 Thank Gillian B
Dear Ms. Gillian,

Thank your for taking the time to share your experience with everyone. We hope your leg is doing much better.

All the best.