“The best B&B in Whistler”

Bear Tracks Whistler Chalet
Ranked #3 of 10 Whistler B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 13, 2014

My wife and I stayed at Chalet luise for a week and had a fantastic time.
The location was perfect, it's a very quiet area but just a short walk to the village and close to walking and biking trails. We had a lovely double room with a very comfy bed and most importantly for me a great shower, my wife loved how clean the room as she is very particular.

The owners Martin and Clare were extremely helpful, they recommended some great restaurants and places to walk. Having stayed a week in B&B's in the past it was great to have a different cooked breakfast option each day, the French toast was was my favourite!

I would definitely recommend chalet and will definitely stay there on our next trip to Whistler

Stayed: February 2014

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Chalet Luise is in a great location as it's only 5 minutes to walk into Whistler town centre. We had a clean and functional double ensuite room with a small balcony to the back of the building, so it was quiet. Friendly hosts who gave us good tips about things to do. They had recently taken over this ski lodge, inn style B&B and have great plans for the place. Good breakfast. Tea and coffee available at all times. Off street parking.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Comfortable accommodation within easy walking distance of Whistler village. The bedroom was clean with an excellent bed although the room was on the small side. Furniture consisted solely of bedside tables and one chest of draws. There were no chairs, occasional table, desk, television etc. In summary pretty minimalist. Bathroom was small with loo, basin and excellent shower. Breakfast was adequate but not outstanding.

O.K. for a short stay on arrival from the UK when sleep was the priority but we would not want to be here for more than a couple of nights. €Can 287.50 for two nights in mid September seems expensive by UK standards but this might not be out of line for Whistler.

We have no complaints but I have stayed in far better B&Bs for a lot less money. With another five weeks of Canadian trip to go I hope to be able to put this accommodation into a better perspective.

Room Tip: I have no idea what the other rooms are like. It would be worth enquiring if rooms with comfy chair...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Chalet Luise was a cozy little B&B and located in the perfectly guard area. We were able to walk to the village with no problem and able to enjoy the beautiful mountain views from afar along the way. The breakfast was wonderful with a different hot items or cold each day to get you ready for the activities you can do throughout the day within the village. Our accommodations were always tidy and neat. We had also had a relaxing stay within the comfort of our huge bed. We had a excellent stay and would recommend to anyone whether they were only staying for a day or week.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife and I were here in mid-july for a night. I believe it was on the costly side considering what we got. Sure, I will agree with others that the location outside the main Village wasn't all that bad and the breakfast was adequate. However my idea of a bed and breakfast is different than what we experienced here. In my opinion it was more like a hostel or an inn. My limited stays at B&B's perhaps has something to do with my ignorance. However I was expecting something that had maybe 3 or 4 bedrooms with nicer amenities. Sure our room had a King bed but the room and washroom were teensy with a shower only and a vanity that was barely big enough to hold our toothbrushes. Bring slippers because they prefer you remove your shoes.Too fussy, maybe but for the same money we could have gotten better value in the Village if we wanted a regular hotel type room. Oh yeah for those that may place importance in it, no T.V. in the room. Small clock radio though. I don't know how many rooms are there, but when we there the place was booked up with about a dozen or so fellows for the mountain biking, as well several other couples so there must be a large number of rooms. Not very soundproof either. They do have an outdoor hot tub and some rooms have balconies. There is a large common room area where breakfasts are served and may be used for lounging, reading, wifi use, etc. There is also a common use fridge by the common room that can be used if you don't mind sharing with the others. It is bar sized so not very much room. I don't know if you have to label your stuff or not. Very much college dorm style.
Once again nice enough however I am not sure whether this could actually be called a B&B.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cowtownguy
Chaletluise, Owner at Bear Tracks Whistler Chalet, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts. First I must say yes Chalet Luise is not a typical B&B - As the name Chalet Luise "INN" states we do have 8 rooms and we mention that in all corespondence with guests - B&B's legally have 3 or 4 rooms - we are an INN. We do not have shared bathrooms or bunk beds so we are not a hostel either. We do ask people to wear slippers as it helps keep the place clean and hopefully feels more like home - I would take my shoes off when entering any other persons house or home out of politeness. We do not have TV's in rooms. None of the B&B's here in Whistler have TV's in rooms - We feel not many poeple come to the outdoor activity centre of Whistler to watch TV - For those few we do have a TV in the guest area and the free Wi-Fi reaches all the building. Thank you for raising these comments, We like to hear feedback and we are always looking for areas for improving our service. Martin and Clare.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Chalet Luise is located outside the village (10 minute walk) and close to hiking trails on a quiet street.The hosts are friendly and helpful. Breakfast can be improved to include more fresh ingredients.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Whistler was a one night stop on our road trip through BC. We booked Chalet Luise in advance and arrived in the afternoon. Claire was there to greet us and show us around. We had a nice room with a King bed. The breakfast was perfect. Thanks for the stay.

• Stayed: June 2013