“Came here to go biking. Loved it!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bear Tracks Whistler Chalet

Bear Tracks Whistler Chalet
Ranked #4 of 14 Whistler B&B and Inns
Lethbridge, Canada
“Came here to go biking. Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

Clare and Martin were so good to us. Their Bed and Breakfast was clean and very well organized. I was very impressed with the level of service and care. The location to Whistler Village is perfect. We rode our bikes to and from the village every day in under 4 minutes. We were able to park our car in the parking lot for free.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Guernsey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Just got back from a 6 night stay in Whistler stopping at Chalet Luise. Great Hosts - Martin and Clare made the stay very enjoyable, and recommended restaurants and hiking routes for me to try. Whistler Village easy to get to (10 minute walk or 3 minutes by car) and access to Blackcomb probably another 5 minutes depending how energetic you want to be!! Benefited with great weather to explore as well - how lucky was I!. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Slindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Chalet Luise was exactly what I'd hoped and more. Martin and Clare were superb hosts and the atmosphere was like staying at your best friends house. It was also great having the benefit of their excellent local knowledge for booking restaurants, ski hire or any other activities you may wish to do.

By the end of the week my friend Guy and I had made great friends with all the staff there. The accommodation is comfortable and a short walk from the town centre. I'd highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2012
Cheshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

We have just returned from a 2 week tour of vancouver and stayed at Chalet Louise for 3 nights on route to Victoria, very pleased with the accomodation which offers great value for money. The main village and trails are all within easy walking distacnce of the Chalet and we never needed to use our vehicle during our stay, enjoying the pathways which allow you to vist both the upper and main village and trails which are well worth walking. We had booked 2 king rooms and both rooms were spacious, clean and well maintained, free Wi Fi and beverages which were provided in a cummunal area which seems to be creeping in as the norm in most establishments as oppossed to in individual rooms; not a personal preference I have as it means my early morning cuppa requires one of us ( Normally me) to get dressed and make it. We had brilliant time at Whistler without taking to the saddle and propelling yourself to certain death off the mountain, prefferring to meandar the mountain on foot.

Room Tip: King rooms are worth the upgrade
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

We stayed three nights in the room downstairs near the hot tub. We were delighted with our choice of accommodation in Whistler - Chalet Luise was small and friendly, and only a short walk from the village. The room was very comfortable and Martin was very friendly and helpful. It was a very pleasant place to stay, very good value and great breakfasts. We'd recommend it for those who like a small, friendly place - we'll return if we get back to Whistler!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Margaret E
Coquitlam, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

I went there with my wife on September long weekend. We made a very last minute booking (2days prior) and was surprised to have a room available. If you are just looking for my one line statement please see my title.

For details see below:
PRICE:
Cheapest I can found in the area. I have compared it to hostels in the Whistler area. Private rooms WITH shared bathroom cost only $10 cheaper. Other Bed & breakfast was in the $130-$180 range. This was just slightly over $100 for a private room and washroom.

LOCATION:
I also compared accomodations to Squamish and Pemberton area. Price was roughly $65 to $100 respectively. Squamish is 45-1hr away for driving, and Pemberton was 20 minutes. Squamish too far, and Pemberton close enough but price was not cheap enough to sway me to that town as I still have to drive into Whistler and pay for parking (there is free parking in Whistler but there are limitations).

OTHER UNEXPECTED ITEMS:
- Breakfast contained hot / cooked food. Not just the usual continental breakfast you would get.
- Hot tub was big / backyard was an excellent hang out area. Very private, secluded.
- Really enjoyed taking

STAFF:
No complaints! Very cute babies by the way. I was greeted by Martin and he was very quick to point out areas of interest that we would be interested.

What I like THE MOST:
Location. we brought out bikes and it was a quick 5 minute ride from the B&B to Whistler Village (both upper and lower). Even if you walk its only 10 minutes tops. Cab ride would cost nothing even for winter skiers or snowboarders (but since you have so much equipments the location may not be a deal breaker). I did not drive at all during my stay in Whistler.

Things I think can improve on:
The hours of the breakfast was 8-9am. During higher seasons I think the time frame is kinda short and 7-9 maybe better. That being said, The B&B may have different arrangements for Summer and Winter. Either go at 8am or 830 to avoid crowd.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Terence F
Neer
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

Very nice B & B in a quiet and convenient environment. We had a delicious breakfast. The owner is very nice! Book this B & B for your stay in Whistler. We have had wonderful days! You will not regret it!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple