“great little place”

Ranked #138 of 190 Restaurants in Whistler
Cuisines: Cafe, Grill, Brew Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: High quality goods that are good for the body and pleasing to the palate. Feel good food.BG Urban Grill Whistler offers patrons a European culinary experience, all centered on innovative meal creations. Breakfast, lunch, afternoon delights or dinner are available for enjoyment on site or available for pick up. Menu includes full breakfast made with fresh ingredients, a variety of appetizers, pub style food from burgers to pizza's, and a dinner service with a varied selection of globally inspired entrees.- Half Price on all appies from 3-6 everyday
Bangor, Northern Ireland
“great little place”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We were only in Whistler for one night and were just looking for something easy and tasty, we found it here.

The place was quite quiet when we went in but the atmosphere was still nice and relaxed. The waitress was friendly and attentive. The food was tasty and just what we wanted.

All in all, we couldn't fault it and I would recommend it!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank heeelllooo

Melbourne, Australia
“Friendly service and good food.”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stopped for lunch at BG's and sat outside on their patio. We were travelling with our dog so we asked if he could sit near us, just off the edge of the patio. No problem - they even brought him a bowl of water. The food was great and the server and service was excellent. Great place to sit and watch the visitors pass by.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Dave H
Chicago, Illinois
“Great food and service”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stopped here for lunch while on our tour of Whistler. I'm a meat and potato kind of gal but my husband loves all food. BG Urban Cafe took care of us both. I had a great french dip sandwich while my husband had the Shanghai Beef. We both enjoyed our lunch and the dessert that followed. Good food, reasonably priced and right in the heart of Whistler. I recommend it.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Mary_Gums
Whistler, Canada
“1/2 price appies and cheap drinks!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I've been here a couple of times recently. They do meal specials and hald price appies from 3pm to 6pm every day. Drinks are $4.75 all day every day.

At 1/2 price prices the appies are good. I dont know if I'd want to pay full price for them though. They're not huge portions. But i've been very satisfied. I really enjoy the patio on a sunny day. Gets the sun later than most around the area.

I'll go back

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank 1123410
Victoria, Canada
“Don't Give in to Convienent Location”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

How I wished that Robert Irvine could whisk into this well-situated restaurant and make it something special. As it is, I can only imagine that it is merely location that keeps this place going.

The menu is not different from a standard eatery.. On this day our table was set with dishwasher-clouded plastic "glasses," and we were informed that the fryer was broken so no fried items. Our server was kind, and tried to make right the fact that our food was incredibly slow arriving. The burger was passable and no more. Dressing for the side salad arrived in a small peel-top package! Decor seemed to have been cobbled together of hand-me-down furniture.

BG Urban Cafe was not terrible, but there is pitifully little here to recommend about it.

Visited May 2013