“doubt I'll be back”

Ranked #141 of 188 Restaurants in Whistler
Cuisines: Cafe, Grill, Brew Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: High quality goods that are good for the body and pleasing to the palate. Feel good food.BG Urban Grill Whistler offers patrons a European culinary experience, all centered on innovative meal creations. Breakfast, lunch, afternoon delights or dinner are available for enjoyment on site or available for pick up. Menu includes full breakfast made with fresh ingredients, a variety of appetizers, pub style food from burgers to pizza's, and a dinner service with a varied selection of globally inspired entrees.- Half Price on all appies from 3-6 everyday
Vancouver, Canada
“doubt I'll be back”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Weak service from a server who just didn't know how to properly serve people (e.g. you refill water glasses - you don't bring new ones when the old ones are empty). Butter chicken wrap that was only tasty when there was a chicken bite - the rest was just dry rice, though it looked nice. And you know how you can judge a place by the way they maintain their bathrooms? It was dirty, half-stuck posters obviously covering holes in the walls, and (most disgustingly) three sanitary napkin metal disposal receptacles sitting on a ledge beside the sink - ugh.

There are lots of other places in Whistler. Go to one of them.

Westlake Village, California, United States
“Best Deal in Whistler for Drinks”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

ALL beers, wine, etc are $4.75. Most wine in Whistler is about double that price..and this is a decent pour!! A "sleeve" (which I think is 16 oz) of beer is included in this deal. They have a great $12.99 lunch which is a burger and beer (wine may be substituted) . The menu has many items, all of which are reasonably priced. We loved that it was NOT crowded, had good food, nice atmosphere, decent service as well as clean washrooms. The manager is very attentive and the servers pleasant. Give it a try..especially for lunch and apres ski! We ate and drank at this restaurant 4 times while we were in Whistler.

1 Thank Joanna S
Sydney, Australia
“Appalling Service”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

The food was edible but the service was appalling. The staff spend a lot of time standing around doing nothing. I paid by credit card and a tip had already been added to the bill and the machine asked what percentage tip you'd like to leave. The end result was our waitress got a "double" tip for non-existent service (we had to wait almost 20 minutes in an empty restaurant for someone to take our order). I asked for my tip back and she explained that the tip is automatically added to bills over $100 so I'd like to know why the machine asks you to chose a tip percentage. I'm sure many others have made this mistake and not noticed. Also, someone needs to clean the toilets - they are disgusting.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Katherine H
Toronto, Canada
“two very different experiences”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have been in this place many times - in particular I like the Tomato Pasta soup they serve at lunch - excellent. I spoke to the manager when I was there several times between December 27/2012 and Jan 06/2013 and commented about how good my experiences have always been over the last couple of years. I have frequented this place many times, summer and winter so on those visits I must say it is a good VFM(Value for money) HOWEVER, I decided to go there for dinner Jan 5th with family in tow. After a long walk to get there we were told there was a pub crawl and there was no room(there was in the so called 'reserved' area) and to come back after 8 PM - now, the area was empty that they were reserving (it was 7PM) and people YOU NEVER turn away customers in that way - customer service 101!! There were 3 of us and it would not have taken much to accommodate us 3 people in a corner - I have worked in the service industry for 3 decades and would never turn customers away - what made it worse was when I commented to the server "you're actually turning customers away" he shrugged his shoulders. Given that Whistler businesses rely on tourists it does not encourage one to want to come back!!!!

1 Thank gulfislandman
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent burgers.”
Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

We went to this place after immediately arriving in whistler. I desperately craved a burger and I was not disappointed.
I rarely finish a plate including fries but this was too delicious to pass up.
Prices were good, staff were nice, wasn't too busy but tables placed spaciously away from each other.
Great lunch venue :)
And wine is not ridiculously priced here like it can be at other whistler venues! Line up ladies! :)

1 Thank Shelley Kate Y
BGUB2013, Manager at BG Urban Grill, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Hi Shelley Kate Y,
Glad you had a chance to try our burgers and wine! Come back and join us when you are in town next!