“Nice place to sit and socialise.”
Review of The Mix by Ric's - CLOSED

The Mix by Ric's
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Nice place to sit and socialise.”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Was taken back by the $10 drink price first but the realized that all drinks are doubles. Great location on the stroll. Sat for a few evening drinks on the patio. Service was excellent.

Visited September 2012

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent Mussels and Caesars”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

One of my absolute favourite dishes is moules mariniere and this was among the best I've ever had. The caesars were pretty good too - though if you're a vegetarian let them know when you order as the garnish included chorizo.

Vancouver, Canada
“Great food, poor service!”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We were seated after waiting a couple minutes. The table had not been cleaned of the previous meals. We waited over 5 minutes without anyone coming by to clear the table or bringing menus. I had to wave someone over to clear the table. He did not bring menus, so I got up and found them myself. After sitting for almost 15 minutes someone finally came by with drink menus and to take our orders. The food was fairly quick to arrive, and was really good. The second round of drinks took almost 15 minutes to get served. I wouldn't recommend going here if you are in any sort of hurry!

Pound Ridge, New York
“A Sour Experience”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Perhaps I could have given The Mix by Ric's 3 stars had our experience not been marred by the most dour service I've received in years. While I'm not one for the obsequious "My name is ... and I'll be your server tonight," civility and warmth do go a long way to a dining experience. Our server did not smile, maintain eye contact, offer suggestions, or even indicate what tapas she had just placed on the table. Our order came out in a bizarre manner, with my husband receiving all the items he had ordered, two tapas and a salad, while the rest of us awaited our meal for awhile. She did not inquire whether we were sharing the tapas so this truly made no sense.
The food itself was adequate with the stars of the show being the spaghetti with kobe meatballs, sticky chili chicken, and the scallop and wild mushroom risotto. The salads were fresh and well prepared. The tomato tarts were terrible. They were served as the last item and came out burnt. I rarely send items back to the kitchen but did so with these. The next batch came out better but consisted largely of mushy dough. I had expected a thin tart covered in tomato and cheese. These were heavy and not particularly tasty.
In short, skip this place.

Vancouver, Canada
“Inexpensive Good Food”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This restaurant on the main drag in Whistler Village has delicious, reasonably priced food, comfortable outdoor seating, and it's great for people watching. We recommend the mushroom risotto and the vegetarian burger which had guacamole.