Horstman House
  • Breakfast included
Le Chamois(Whistler)
Glaciers Reach(Whistler)
  • Fitness center
All reviewsfront deskhot tubfull kitchenfree shuttlelaundry soapski homewasher dryer in the unitfitness roomthree bedroomquiet retreatunderground parkingmin walkski storage roomliving roommain villagethere is no air conditioningcomforts of home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 21, 2009

We rented a car from Vancouver airport - Free underground parking at the Horstman House. A lot of people said one of the village was really close for groceries but when we went it was pretty darn cold so walking that distance wasn't pleasant, we just drove. If it was warmer out then the walk would be nice. It's about a 1-min drive down a sloped set of streets.
The bus pick up is right in front of the Horstman House, very convienient. There is also a ski-in from Blackcomb, but the run colour (I forget now) was blue I think and I was too scared to try it, hahaha.
Horstman was cozy...lobby had a pool table, our room was quite large, 1bdrm with living room, farely large balcony, open-concept living room, dining area and kitchen and a large bathroom with tub and separate shower. There was a gas fire place, 2 TV's (one in the living room & one in the bedroom), and a mini CD player. Maid service daily but just to do simple things like take out garbage, give us towels....they only change sheets on the 3rd day.
I would defintely recommend this place to someone....the price was right, and the amount of room we had in there was perfect. It was cozy in our little apartment. We had a fridge, stove, microwave and dishwasher....we cooked most of our meals in our room.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank princesscheryl
Reviewed September 2, 2008

Having stayed in various locations in Whistler, this one was not as good. They take one night stay of your credit card right away and that is non-refundable. Then 14 days before you stay they charge the remaining balance to your credit card. You have not even seen what you are getting and they charge you. That to me is very unprofessionable. Then you cannot get your room until 4:00 and they make you check out at ten. I would say that given the amount of time you should have a very clean room. But this is not so. Lots of dust on lamps and fixtures. I took my lap top and found out I could not get on the internet that only some of the units can. That is unheard of in todays age. The fellow at the desk sugessted it might work in the lobby. I decided that was not a avenue I wanted to take.

The good thing about this resort is the pool and hot tub. Location is okay with transit running to and from the village. I think the Horstman on the whole needs some management and updated units. The main TV had VHS system, who has that still?? There are alot of nice places in Whistler but this one needs help!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank murphygreen
Reviewed August 12, 2008

Quiet location, beautiful room, great facilities (pool etc).

The 1-bedroom units are great (sleep up to 4 -- 2 beds). One can hop on the free community shuttle bus and be in "downtown" Whistler (with all its hustle bustle and noise) is 5 minutes, or walk there in 20 minutes.

In summer we walk to Lost Lake Park for trails and lake swimming. We stayed in the winter and could pop on our X-country skiis at Lost Lake Park. We'd take the shuttle bus to go downilll skiing (5 min) and ski to the back door of Horstman house at the end of the day.

If you want great accommodations without the usual hotel feel (there is no restaurant, bar, etc) and without noise, Horstman House is perfect. IF you want a party scene then pick a hotel in the village.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2008

We stayed in a 1 bed apartment in Horstman House for 7 nights while on our honeymoon in January. I had been quite careful selecting hotels as we obviously wanted the trip to be special, and I can safely say that Horstman house did not disappoint. Despite being out of the village, the free shuttle bus runs so frequently that we never waited more than about 8 minutes -most times we actually ended up only waiting 2. The bed was so comfortable and the rooms are lovely and I couldn't believe how big it was, you could easily live in it! The scenery is beautiful (we were at the back of the hotel on the ground floor with a balcony) and the outdoor hottub is bliss after a cold day skiing. I would recommend this hotel to anyone - we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and I can't wait to go back to Whistler and Horstman house again.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SCOTK10
Reviewed February 15, 2008

Thoroughly enjoyed our four night stay. The 1 bedroom apartment was extremely roomy, as was the bathroom, and the kitchen had everything we could need for when we stayed in to cook. There was a log effect gas fire in the room, which we spent a couple of late afternoons sat in front of, watching the snow outside - which made the place feel like our home. Don't be put off by the location if you look at a map.The village courtesy bus runs all day, and stops just outside, and riding on the bus is kind of fun. Also the free underground car park is very welcome. Only gripe would be that the front desk isn't operated all day, so just be aware if you're arriving late (maybe best to let them know).

Stayed: January 2008