This Hotel has potential to be good., . But is definitely not. I compare it to going to stay with you 18 year old son at his first apartment he shares with 4 frat buddies...
- Hotel appears to not own a vacuum. The hallways were disgusting.
- Daily room service consists of dropping off the odd towel if you are lucky ( they do not restock tea or coffee, sweep or vacuum or provide upkeep in any way. They did attempt to make the bed once, I think, but at first look I though my 6 year old had been playing with the covers. No kidding..)
- cleanliness of the room was questionable at best upon check-in and rooms have been harshly treated with little or no upkeep
- kitchen is poorly stocked (one 4 inch fry pan, one 1quart pot,) really just intended for heating up stuff in microwave. (Hence 18 up year old comments)
Good attempts, but...
- as with all staff in whistler, they are young men and women from out of country looking for a good time. They were all pleasant and keen but clearly poorly trained and supported (I have been a consultant to the hospitality industry and know what I speak of here) Housekeeping manager should be fired.
- our rental stuff wandered off from the front desk and it took 45 minutes to relocate - nice guys at the rental shop found stuff that "didn't look like ours..." So we got it back.
- no water for two days due to repairs from 10 to 2.... Need I say more here.......
- frat parties- hotel does make a valiant attempt to keep things quiet after 10 and we only had issues on night. They were very clear about letting them know of issues so it would seem this is an ongoing problem for them. (The issues we had made me embarrassed to be a Canadian... Some very negative racial slurs coming from the room when we asked them to turn down the music at 11:30...)
- no table for eating. You can see it from the photos but it didn't dawn on me that there was nowhere to eat other than sitting on the floor in the suite we had. We had 3 kids so it was a bit challenging.
All in all, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone UNLESS you get it very cheap and don't really plan on eating here other than the odd frozen pizza or KD. There is way better value than this place at whistler.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the best address in Whistler! The Blackcomb Lodge could not be closer to the fun and excitement of Whistler Village. Restaurants, shops, cinemas, art galleries and night life surround the hotel. The Village Gondola is located just a brief 2 minute walk through the pedestrian village. Each Studio or Studio Loft unit provides full kitchen facilities and a variety of bedding configurations designed to accommodate both families and couples. Relax in Whistler's only indoor pool, hot tub and sauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Blackcomb Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blackcomb Hotel Whistler