“EXCELLENT LOCATION, BUT!”
Review of Blackcomb Lodge

Blackcomb Lodge
Ranked #21 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Reviewed June 6, 2008

As others have mentioned the location was great. The balcony overlooking the street was great! But I made the mistake of assuming that since it had four beds and a suite it would have TWO bathrooms. It didn't ..BIG PAIN. The upstairs room was small but that wasnt the problem it was the beds. I don't think i have had a more uncomfortable bed. By far the worst of all the places i have stayed in Whistler. Even the pillows were a bad joke. The freezer in the little refrig was completely froze over with ICE. We finally got some of it melted to get some ice trays out of it (we like ice tea a lot we are TEXANS for crying out loud!).

The folks at the desk were cool.

Overall, had the beds been better I would have not really had a major gripe. But the beds really sucked ...all four of us felt the same way.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 27, 2008

The Hotel is located perfectly!! It is in the Village and you walk out the front door and there is a grocery store, pharmacy, liquor store, the gondolas to both mountains and all the restaurants and shopping you could ever want. The hotel was nice. Our room was dirty!! We had a Studio with the Loft and a Studio. In the Studio with a Loft there was mold growing on the wall and ceiling around the kitchen area, the corners of the bathroom were caked with dirt, dust and hair. The bed cover on one of the beds appeared to have an old blood stain. In the Studio there was hair in the shower (on the walls and in the tub).

We paid approximatley $400.00 per night for the Studio with the Loft and $370.00 per night for the Studio and for that price I want a clean room!!

The pool is small and cold. The hot tub was nice. Parking was good but a little expensive. The front desk people were less then helpful and they could do with some cheering up!!

I do have to say that the Snowboarding was AWSOME and I would make the trip again......I just won't be staying at Blackcomb Lodge!!

• Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed March 17, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for our first family ski holiday. Myself and husband and twin boy's 4 1/2. We had read the reviews and went with an open mind. First impressions of the hotel were great, the front desk staff were polite and helpful when we checked in and found we needed more pillows. The hotel was great the only thing that let it down was the house keeping and having young children, i found that i was doing all of the cleaning myself. The bed wasn't changed and towels were left on the side if i put dirty ones in the bath which was farenough. The room floor was swept by myself and the whole upkeep of the room was looked after by me. So as you have guessed we didn't leave a tip over all this hotel was fine and i would go back there. The pool and hot tub were great and clean with towels to use after. The noise levels are high but you are in the centre of the villiage and if you have skied all day the noise wouldn't bother you that much because you should be tired anyway.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed February 9, 2008

We have just spent 6 nights at this hotel with our 2 grown daughters. The location is fantastic, right in the middle of the village and a short walk to the gondolas which is fantastic if you want to go back to the lodge for lunch or a short break.
The rooms are great with a loft upstairs with 2 single beds and a giant king bed downstairs also a neat little kitchenette.
There is no drying area for your clothes which can be a little difficult when you have 4 adults with wet snow gear, also the room service leaves alot to be desired as the sheets were dirty when we arrived and supposed to be serviced daily but were'nt.
On one occasion the door to our room was left open. The staff were not really concerned when we told them.
I would stay at this hotel again for the room and location but just be aware of housekeeping, their clearly not doing their job !

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2008

I stayed at the Blackcomb Lodge totally spontaneously. We booked the hotel room the same day that we stayed over, by calling Whistler Premier Resorts Accomodations. I didn't expect the best rooms because of the late check in and late booking, but I didn't expect such a horrible experience either!

When we checked in, I didn't find the staff particularly rude; I tried to request a quiet room but there were none by the time we got there so we had a room that faces the Village. Boy, was it loud at night! You can hear EVERYTHING from the street, from people yelling, partying, and just a constant hum and murmur from the bar and people talking.

Not only this, this hotel has VERY thin walls. I could hear the couple in the room next door in their bedroom activities. This was very unpleasant... After they were done their activities, I could also hear shower noises...

So, I barely had any sleep - imagine having to put up with street / bar noise, the couple next door, the shower, and peopel walking by outside the room. When I asked the front desk for ear plugs, they wanted US to go downstairs to get them; they wouldn't even deliver.

Also, when we requested for a duvet earlier in the same night, it was just crumpled altogther; they didn't even bother folding it to us before handing it to us.The pillow in the closet also had some hair on it... I wonder when the last time was that they washed it?

Did I mention the mattresses are terrible as well? You can feel EVERYTHING when your other half moves.

I do not have high standards for hotels; usually I'm prety happy with a clean motel or an average hotel. But this lodge's terrible location, noise just can't cut it! This was the worst hotel I've ever stayed at in Whistler.

The only good thing was the reasonable overnight parking charge of $13 / night.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank rainbowhead
Reviewed March 13, 2007

In brief, very noisy rooms due to proximity to village square, very unhelpful/rude staff......would not stay here again.

Having travelled 15 hours to get there from Scotland, we were given one of the many rooms that face the square that are ridiculously noisy! I thought the windows were open when we got in but they weren't.

When I went downstairs to ask for a new room I was told by the ignorant duty manager they were full and 'good luck finding a room in Whistler at the weekend'. I was furious but it was around 5am on my body clock so took the room and said i wanted it changed as soon as one became available. My holiday rep intervened the next day also as we refused to stay there. The room got changed but they would not hurry up the cleaning of the room so we had to spend 4 hours wondering around Whistler.

Other requests to the staff for assistance with numerous things were met with blank looks and rude replies. They managed to spoil the first day of my holiday and i never looked forward to dealing with them at any point in the holiday.

Stayed: March 2007
4  Thank AndyHScotland
Reviewed February 27, 2007

Lovely room, however remember to phone in advance if you require a quite room as they appeared to be unaware of our request (via whistler.com booking). However, did move us without too much fuss.

Kitchen had all you needed, even dishwasher cleaner so no extra shopping required on arrival.

Ski slope only a short 5 minute walk.

Best thing after skiing returning to the fantastic indoor hot tub and sauna to relieve aching muscles.

Could not fault the accommodation already organising booking there for next year!

4  Thank k051