“Ski week Whistler - Blackcomb”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Blackcomb Lodge

Blackcomb Lodge
Ranked #24 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Sao Paulo, SP
“Ski week Whistler - Blackcomb”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Excellent cost benefit, ideal to go with friends, in the heart of Whistler Village, is close to the lifts, you can sleep well, no noise. Negative point, poor housekeeping, mattress sofa, very bad, was to feel the springs. Good beds and pillows

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank totito

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Woking, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

We have had a great week at the lodge and love the convenience of the rooms and location. I noticed some of the bad reviews and wanted to add a few comments. It has been a busy week in Whistler with Winter Pride, Family day and Presidents Day weekend so the village has been busy which does increase the noise levels. The noise was not noticeable in the rooms facing away from the village walk so it is worth bearing that in mind if travelling with kids.

We noticed that some of the guests were not as careful about noise levels after 11pm, but I think this is just a risk you assume when you stay in any hotel. The reception team spoke to our noisy neighbours immediately and effectively which is much to their credit.

We borrowed the hotel's GoPro during the week which was a great additional service - worth asking to use it to get some footy of the kids through the trees :-).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

The first room we got was 242 (king bed room). It is situated above a nightclub and the bass drum was shaking the room well past. 1:30am. It took 2 calls to the front desk before they offered any action.

They eventually assigned me to room 201 just to "sleep in" for the night. That room was larger (king with loft).

The next day they reassigned me to room 102 (2 twins) and unfortunately it was also noisy. This unit is also smaller and shaped like a narrow closet.

All rooms have wall unit ac/heating units that are also quite noisy.

Other problems: Weak and unreliable wifi signal in the rooms. Hot tub was cold. Parking $16/night good until 3pm (average for the village). Artificial airfreshner smell permeates the property.

Highlights: Centrally located in the village. Friendly front desk staff. Cleanliness of the facilities was acceptable. Linens not too old.

Overall experience was poor. I didn't get close to what I paid for and would not recommend this property to a friend. I've stayed in several different properties in Whistler from the Pan Pacific to Tantalus Lodge and this was by far the worst experience I've had.

• Stayed February 2013
North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

We had a long check-in wait, not sure if it were the patrons in front of us who were inefficient or the desk staff. They were fairly efficient with us though. Our room was nice, but had a direct view into the neighbouring restaurant so we had to keep the blinds closed. We found out when we returned to our room at midnight that it is very near a nightclub which doesn't close until 2am. When we called the front desk, they immediately offered to bring us earplugs, which we accepted.

Would recommend the location for proximity to the village ammenities and the gondolas, but only if you can sleep through muffled nightclub music and rowdies in the streets outside.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Whistler Blackcomb.com

1 Thank Bruces07
Mississauga
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

I did enjoy my time till I got the bill a few days after.

I was told I smoked in the room when I did not. The staff did not look to talk to me as a guest charged me and then when I called to find out why I got 3 different stories of 3 different policy's for the location.

I am stuck paying for something I did not do, I don't even smoke yet I am stuck paying.

Future people be away of the changes you may get for leaving a window open to get fresh air in the room.

Room Tip: Just be aware of what you get your self into, I got a bill for something I could take any test in th...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jarkel
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

Iv been vacationing in Whistler for 15 years and stayed in a few places but this was not the best. It was a last last last minute booking and I was very glad to have got it but I will not be staying here again. There was a band aid on the lobby floor one afternoon, cumps of hair in the pool, didnt like the indoor hot tub at all, lack of customer service at front desk, savage beagle night club under my room, was NOT impressed when having a quiet night before getting up early for fresh tracks!! Woke up tired every day from general noise in the village and nightclubs.

• Stayed January 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

The location of the hotel is great. The walk to the lift is about 5 to 10 minutes. A grocery store and a pharmacy are right next door, as are many restaurants/bars.
There is some noise level from the bars, but it is not too much.
The studio we had was spacious for two people with a full kitchen, dining table and couch. Everything was clean.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple