Blackcomb Lodge
  • Bar/Lounge
Crystal Lodge Hotel(Whistler)
Carleton Lodge(Whistler)
  • Pool
All reviewsstudio loftfront deskgreat locationgrocery storevillage squaretwo single bedsindoor poolquiet sideshort walk to the liftsfull kitchenmain floorski storagehot tubsmall kitchenunderground parkingdishwasherbackcomb
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Situated less than 5 mins from the lifts, its convenient for the main lifts. Buses drop off at rear and a 10 second walkto the hotel. Skis are looked after downstairs in the hire shop. I was at the back and heard no noise from anything at the front even with the bands playing live. WiFi was fine and the room was clean and presentable at all times. Would I stay again yes!! says it all really.

Room Tip: It was quiet at the back
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Dave_Mitchell_WP, Front Office Manager at Blackcomb Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Thank you for posting a review of your stay at The Blackcomb Lodge. As you mention the lodge is conveniently located 5 minutes by foot away from the ski lifts and right by where the airport and Vancouver coaches drop off guests.

At numerous times during the year there are free live bands playing out in front of the hotel in the Village Square. They never go much past 7pm (other than during the Olympics) so guests shouldn't expect loud music when trying to get some much needed rest after their day on the ski hill.

We hope to see you again in the future! Thank you for choosing The Blackcomb Lodge and Whistler Premier for your Whistler accommodation needs.

A Whistler Blackcomb traveler
Seattle, Washington, USA
Reviewed August 14, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Whistler Blackcomb.com

A TripAdvisor Member
Kent, Washington, USA
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Due to staff incompetence or inexperience, I had a very unpleasant experience and would not stay here again. My reservation was for a one night stay arriving on August 6. When I arrived, the receptionist stated there was no record of my reservation. Then, he managed to find it on August 5. He admitted that it had been entered wrong and he would have a room for me shortly. Unfortunately, no clean room was available and he asked me to return in a few hours. I picked up my room key three hours later and went to stash my stuff. The key would not work. I returned to the front desk where I was told that I obviously didn't know how to work the key, but he would rekey the card for room 210. I then pointed out that he had written 212 on the paperwork. I dropped off my suitcase, checked to be sure the air conditioner was on and then went to dinner. I returned to a steaming hot room. The air conditioner was burned out and generated heat rather than cold air. Housekeeping verified that it was broken. I called the front desk and the receptionist told me, "Oh yes, that room doesn't have a working unit." It was a known problem before I was even assigned the room. I was moved to a new room at 10:00 PM. After setting in, I went to clean up - no wash clothes.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Whistler Blackcomb.com
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

In reading your review of your stay at The Blackcomb Lodge it does sounds like almost every thing that could have been mishandled was. For this we must apologize for the poor experience you encountered. We completely agree that this was unacceptable and this has been discussed in meetings among management and brought up with all staff as unacceptable practice.

Again sorry for unfortunate experience you had.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at the Blackcomb Lodge before and it is truly an excellent facility ... the location is "second to none", in the heart of vibrant Whistler Village.

The lodge and the suites are well maintained and comfortable ... the place to stay for your Spring, Winter and Fall vacations in Whistler/Blackcomb.

Our recent stay on August 5th revealed the only shortcoming of Blackcomb Lodge ... it is not air conditioned!!

"Yes", the temperatures in Whistler and British Columbia were warm, but the Lodge and our room/suite was even warmer! We asked for a fan and it was delivered at 8:45pm (4 hours after our request) which wasn't in time to cool the unit down for a good nights' sleep.

I will stay her again but never again in the summer!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for posting a review of your experience while staying at the Blackcomb Lodge. We are glad to read that it sounds like you had good time staying with us other than the air conditioning situation and warm temperatures.

It has definitely been a challenging summer with the very hot days and lack of air conditioning in the rooms. This was especially true in the studio loft suites where the lofts don't have any air flow. Fortunately for next summer there is plan in place to install proper air conditioning in all the units including the loft areas. Unfortunately this doesn't do anything for guests who stayed this year and we apologize for any discomfort you experienced while staying with us.

We hope to see you again in the future and thank you for choosing The Blackcomb Lodge and Whistler Pemier Resorts for your Whistler accommodation needs.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Location is nice but. . . . . .

The common areas of this hotel where uncomfortably hot.
Upon arriving I wasn't told about paying for parking until after I parked.
Our room wasn't cleaned daily and when it was there was no clean towels.
The elevator is very slow. We found garbage from other guests under the furniture
as I checked in case something of mine slipped under it upon leaving the hotel.

I was in a loft room and there is no way of controlling the temperature upstairs in the loft so don't expect a comfortable sleep in the warmer months. The AC couldn't keep up with the summer heat, buttons where busted off the dvd player, and pleasantly the hotel scheduled construction outside my door early one morning so I got to wake up the 2 hours of hammering.

Oh and the garbage under the chair had a receipt, it had been there for several months.

For being in the heart of the village this a disappointment for sure.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Dave_Mitchell_WP, Front Office Manager at Blackcomb Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thank you for posting a review of your stay at The Blackcomb Lodge. We must apologize for the unfortunate experience you had while staying us. It definitely sounds like what could go wrong did during your stay. The issue with the cleanliness of your room were discussed by our management team and then addressed with our housekeeping team.

There have definitely been some hot weekends this summer and during those the common areas of the lodge are warm just as you mentioned. As one of the oldest properties in the building we have had some challenges in that regard. Fortunately the Whistler area features many great lakes and parks where visitors can find respite from the heat during those hot summer days.