“Absolutely Breathtaking, Heaven for Skiers”
Review of Whistler Blackcomb

$300.49*
Whistler Day Trip by Seaplane from Vancouver
Ranked #1 of 30 Nature & Parks in Whistler
More attraction details
Owner description: Whistler Blackcomb is consistently ranked the No. 1 ski resort in North America with over 8,171 acres of terrain. As a true four season resort, Whistler Blackcomb offers skiing and snowboarding in the winter and downhill mountain biking and alpine hiking in the summer. Guests can even enjoy summer skiing/riding on the Horstman Glacier in June and July. At Whistler Blackcomb, there is something for everyone all year long.
148 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Absolutely Breathtaking, Heaven for Skiers”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I had heard this place was tops in the world, I fully agree. The views are amazing no matter where you are on the mountain, the lifts are great and can take you to the top. The conditions were great and the runs were well groomed and maintained. Never have I been to a mountain like this; found myself stopping multiple times per run just to take in the view. Sort of disappointing that my day had to end at 4, that's when the mountain starts to close down...but what a day. So glad I made the drive in and tackled this snow paradise. Will never forget it.

Visited April 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
903 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 640 helpful votes
“Waited Too Long to Get Here !”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Having skied Banff & environs in '82 and '83 it took another 31 years to get to Whistler , I blame the marriage, kids , mortgage and all that stuff !! But got here finally and loved every minute and won't be waiting too long till we return , that is for sure. I skied from the first lift to the last and got in nearly 7 hours on the slopes with minimal stops, not bad for an old bloke ! I normally loathe skiing on my own but started up conversations all over the Mountains and loved every minute of it. The highlight for me was Blackcomb as I found it to be uncrowded and kept doing the 7th Heaven Express to Glacier Express then back over to 7th. The area is so big you could spend a week and not repeat yourself. Can't wait to get back and do it again !!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Skeney57
Cooma
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Overcrowded, Timing is crtical”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

We have visited Whistler Blackcomb 4 times over the past 8 years. The resort does have a lot to offer and the snow can be great if your luck holds good. On this last trip luck failed us. Out of 9 days skiing we had 3 very good days and 6 very ordinary to downright poor. As one of our friends puts it "Pacific Northwest", meaning it does rain here even at higher altitudes. We experienced some rain, some snow and extensive bands of fog that had us skiing through a variety of conditions. These are some of the things that skiers learn to get used to.
The crowds on the other hand are another matter. My wife and I are experienced skiers, I will ski blue and black runs if the conditions warrant. The Dave Murray downhill coupled with the Tokum and Bear Paw can be fun to ski. But it looses that appeal when it becomes overcrowded or worse such as on the Glacier Trail coming down from the Blackcomb side, a snow-border almost landed on my head when this person decided to jump over a lip.
There are some volunteers who try to slow things down in the high volume areas but they don't have the power to remove a persons lift pass. More often that I care to recall I witnessed people skiing and bording at high speed through beginners areas. There is no skill in that, the slopes are gentle and wide.
While we do like Whistler Village and all of its shops, this trip may be our last unless we can see or hear that the resort managers do something about crowd control

Visited March 2014
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“The ultimate nirvana for skiing”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

This was my fourth trip to Whistler and I never get bored. It is a brilliant resort with a lot of skiing and not a lot of queueing! The staff are incredibly friendly and I like the way they have where in the world they come from on their name badges. Always the start of a good conversation.

The village is very hand for ski-in arrival and there is a decent selection of shops, restaurants and so on.

If you can afford it and the sun is shining then I can also wholeheartedly recommend Whister Heliskiing which is the ultimate, ultimate!

Visited April 2014
Scottsdale
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Skiers Paradise”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Gorgeous views, lots of runs, powdery snow, fast ski lifts. Skied on the glacier and took a picture next to Inukshuk, MUST DO. Will return!

Visited March 2014