“Snowboarding trip to Whistler Half-term Feb 2014”
Review of Whistler Blackcomb

$1,181.49*
Whistler Full-Day Private Tour from Vancouver
Ranked #1 of 30 Nature & Parks in Whistler
More attraction details
Owner description: Whistler Blackcomb is consistently ranked the No. 1 ski resort in North America with over 8,171 acres of terrain. As a true four season resort, Whistler Blackcomb offers skiing and snowboarding in the winter and downhill mountain biking and alpine hiking in the summer. Guests can even enjoy summer skiing/riding on the Horstman Glacier in June and July. At Whistler Blackcomb, there is something for everyone all year long.
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I booked my packeage holiday through Skiworld about 2 months before travelling and flying with Air Canada on a one stop flight as it was £400 cheaper for me.
Arrived on Sunday 1am morning. Stayed in the Holiday Inn Hotel, which was less than 5 minutes to the main lifts and right on the main strip for shops bars, restaurants. Nice hotel room except for some outside room noise from drunken neighbours but only occasionally.

Well luck would have it I bought the snow that week as it was pretty dire for 4 weeks before and we had 120cm in 7 days whilst I was there.

The resort is big and happy to keep anybody going for weeks on end however it gets tracked out very quickly by everybody even kids.
I teamed up with an English snowboarding buddy so we were of advanced level which meant black, double black and off piste runs were our forte.
We were up every morning at 5am for Fresh Tracks, which is a superb deal as my hotel was room only so this was a no-brainer $20cdn for a buffet brekkie and fresh powder runs.
We were in the queue for 6.15am every morning waiting for the lifts to open at 7.15 and stacking up on food to last us the day.
Because it was either English half-term or Candian reading week for schools there seem to be a lot of people about, so there were queues for some lifts of 15 minutes but it was very civilised not like some French or Italian resorts were they queue jump.
The bars were lively, lots of good food in the village restaurants and for us Brits reasonably priced.

My snowboarding buddy had booked a longer holiday than me so he was able to soak up more of the incoming snow whilst I travelled back to the UK.

To put a sour note to the trip Air Canada bumped me off my flight and put me on GTE, which meant waiting until a seat was available on the next one, in my case the 3rd one.
2 hours and $800cdn redemption voucher later I was on my way home.

I tend not to visit the same resort twice but I know that for me there were too many skiers tracking out the fresh and creating hideous moguls so I don't think I'll be rushing back in a hurry unless I was cat or heli-boarding.

There are newer reviews for Whistler Blackcomb

Reviewed March 26, 2014

What can I say, this place has so many different runs on two huge mountains that you cannot get bored! It also has ski school for beginners, restaurants next to the ski lifts. If there is one place to go skiing - this is the place.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Best choice of runs, bols and glades. From beginners to experts, plentiful of snow year after year!

As par to most Europe resorts for less.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

This is my FAVORITE place to ski. I first visited for the Millennium and have been back every year (sometimes twice!). Check the snow report before you go, it is up to date and accurate After a snowfall and sunshine it is HEAVEN! Just get out early!! The line ups for the gondola, on the weekends especially, can be long. Once you arrive at the Round House there is a great variety of runs. Get away from that area to avoid crowds
The runs are long and there is something for everyone. Make the journey over to Symphony bowl. You won't be disappointed. Follow the sun is my motto there and with TWO mountains you can!

Reviewed March 22, 2014

The lift pass is expensive at $120, but what you get are more than 30 chair lifts and two expansive mountains to explore. The slopes are very crowded below the middle of each mountain with icy packed snow, but when you get up higher, the snow is fantastic powder. Just be aware the higher chairlifts are often closed due to high winds. Where else are you going to get 2000m+ mountains to ride with 10kms of continuing downhill slopes. Would take two or more days to full explore both mountains.