“A skiing revelation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Momentum Ski Camps - Day Camps

Momentum Ski Camps - Day Camps
Ranked #58 of 91 things to do in Whistler
More attraction details
Owner description: Now celebrating our 20th year, Momentum offers expert coaching in mogul and terrain park skiing from Olympians, World Cup skiers and Top Pros. Open to recreational and competitive skiers of intermediate level and above, from age 9 - 70, Momentum offers youth, adult or family sessions. Choose from fully inclusive packages in the summer, including hotel, all meals, transfers, skiing and afernoon/evening activities or 'Skiing-Only' clinics in the winter/spring with all day ski coaching.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A skiing revelation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

I'm hooked!!! I've always watched from the lifts as skiers gracefully danced their way through endless moguls, but could not piece the theory together myself.
I have just completed a 3 day course with Momentum and feel I now have all the tools necessary to enjoy rather than fight the bumps.
The course has also benefited my on piste skiing as a result of the tuition I received.
To top it all, the coaches are great fun and extremely motivating.

Visited March 2012
3 Thank eamonnswift

• Korean first
Almost Seattle
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“You will be a better skier, guaranteed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

The mogul clinic was the main reason for my latest trip to Whistler. I am lucky to have such instruction available within hours drive from home. I chose to participate in 2 out of the 3 days of the March clinic. In hindsight, I should've done 3 days. The instruction is very reasonably pace ( it's not 8 hours a day of "top to bottom" in the bump field). The drills focus on balance, square body, short turn agility, turn initiation with knee rolls, reading terrain, etc.

Go to the clinic with the right expectations. 2 days of instruction will not be enough to teach you to zip down the fall line in a mogul field. But the instruction will make you a better skier and will leave you want for more. Everything you learn is applicable in regular skiing.

The instructors film a few runs during the day. The analysis at the end of the day is invaluable. I learned a lot and can hardly wait for my next clinic with Momentum Ski Camps!

Visited March 2012