“Welcome addition to the Village!!!”

Aava Whistler Hotel
Ranked #13 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed May 3, 2010

This hotel was formerly the Coast and before that, the Fairways. Wow, this is neither! This hotel just reopened last November and what a difference. It is unlike any other hotel in Whistler and something the village needed. It's contemporary, clean, fun, hip, luxurious and friendly. The staff are obviously caught up in it and believers given their demeanour. If you have the opportunity, stay at the AAVA the next time you find yourself in Whistler. You walk out the front door, cross the street and you are in the heart of Whistler Village. You won't be dissapointed!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hutch2764
ColinHedderson, General Manager at Aava Whistler Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2010

Thank you HUTCH2764 for your kind remarks and feedback. We are definitely trying to achieve something special, yet a little different for Whistler visitors to enjoy, and are pleased to hear you appreciated some of the changes.

We hope to see you back at Aava very soon!

Reviewed April 30, 2010

Stayed here three nights in April to catch the last of our snowboard season in style. having never been to Whistler we did'nt know what to expect or where the best places are to stay and having read a few reviews here and other sites I decided for the price I was willing take a chance.
All my fears were wiped out, kinda.
The first night I did hear some people talking outside my room but that quickly abated (I have heard people outside my room in 5* hotels before, no biggie) got to sleep early for me, 11pmish, knowing I wanted to be on that new powder, transport provided by those lifts when they opened at 8:30am....
4am, and why do I feel I am at a track meet? Turns out the reason it was so quiet the night before is because kids upstairs must have been sleeping, now they were wide awake and holding time-trials and long jump competitions up above us! Don't get me wrong I love kids but 3? of them above my bed at 4am was a killer. Don't think I have ever had this happen in a hotel( poured concrete I think is the difference) at least not since my younger days when I lived in those "rabbit warren" type apartments. Anyways needless to say I didn't get anymore sleep that morning.
First thing once we got up and about I called the front desk to ask to change rooms and told him my situation and he said no problem as he noted there was a young family above us. He even offered to have someone come up and move our stuff to the new room while we were up on the mountain.
From this point on everything was perfect in our top-floor room, new snow every night and tons of things to do in the village.
The resaurant on-site, White Spot, I found to be the most affordable for breakfast, lunch and dinner in the village while we only ate two meals there, they were on par with say an Applebess etc. we had to try some of the other eats in the Village as well, what's the point of being on vacation if you don't do everything possible.
All in all can't wait to go back and if I could get the Aava at a good price I would stay right there. Clean, friendly, convenient and classy.
And a few times while I was there I imagined if they could do it all over again they would have poured 12 inches of concrete between floors.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank wagolfetc.

Apologies for your first night experience - and yes 12 inches of concrete is on my Christmas list this year... (we also make every effort to avoid hosting unsanctioned track meets in the hotel halls at any time of night or day!)

Thank you for all of the genuine feedback; and allowing us the opportunity to focus on correcting "guest priority" experiences. Our team strives to continually improve upon every guest experience in effort to always better the Aava Stay.

We will hold that top floor room for your next Whistler visit, and are working with sound engineers to quiet down some of the sound transfer mentioned.

Kind regards.

Reviewed April 29, 2010

My husband and I booked the Aava purely on price and recommendations from Tripadvisor. We were really pleased when we arrived and especially when our parking fee of $16 a night was waived due to a mix up at check-in - saved us over $100!! The hotel is relatively new and it shows with the bedrooms being of a very high standard, the beds are fantastic - firm, soft and so comfy that a good nights sleep is a sure thing. Having the benefit of a fridge in the room allowed us to have snacks and drinks on tap as well as having the coffee maker. We visited the restaurant associated with the hotel which is located across the forecourt and we felt the food and service were excellent. Would I recommend the hotel - absolutely as long as you get a good deal on the nightly rate. The only down point is what other visitors have hi-lighted - the noise!! The walls seem to be really thin and at times the neighbours do sound as if they're in your room and the doors do make alot of noise when closing.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Snowbabies1
Reviewed April 7, 2010

I had read other reviews before going and had concerns about noise and quality. You can hear noise more than in other hotels but we had zero problems really. Perhaps it was because the clientele at the time were not partiers. The quality of the hotel is superb, brand new and of excellent quality (rugs, furniture, TV etc.) in a standard size room. Yes the fitness area, pool and hot tub are smallish but they are well maintained. The location is just off the Village Stroll so it is centrally located to ski lifts and amenities yet not right on top of the revellers. The desk staff were young, very pleasant and accomodating. We paid $126 CAD per night during the Para Olympics and compared to other hotel rooms or condos (we didn't want efficiency) this was value for money.
Rent skiis at Infinity great spot too!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sunfunx5
Reviewed March 17, 2010

Real nice hotel, everthing is new. Staff are friendly and out going. The lobby is cool looking, and room was very modern. We had a real nice view of Whistller Mountain. We thought the location was great, close to everthing.Time of our lives in Whistler durning the olmpics.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kathyinretirement
Reviewed March 6, 2010

Staff is amazingly helpful. We stayed during the Olympics and despite all that was going on in town the staff took the time to help us with all sorts of details. The rooms are brand new and very comfy with great big beds and duvets, Aveda products in the modern bathrooms. Wonderful location very close to Village Square. White Spot across from the hotel for cheap and adequate breakfasts and other meals, but lots of restaurants in the village. Would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank leilabrun
Reviewed January 26, 2010

fantasic resort do not listen to the previous whinging reviews from people who have obviously never done a days work in their lives and rely on mummy and daddy to fund their miserable existence. Large clean modern rooms, lovely attentive staff and beautiful surroundings. Great hotel, great staff, great rooms I know I travel extensively, rock on Aava.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business