“great place, quiet and close to all fun”

Aava Whistler Hotel
Ranked #13 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed July 30, 2011

this was perfect for me and 2kids,(12 and 13) AAva is right on the edge of all the fun and activities. Walking distance to everything. We had a great time.

Room Tip: look for online deals,(hotels.com) got me 1 night free
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 28, 2011

We really enjoyed staying at Aava. Its location is just steps from the center of the whistler village, super close and without the loud noises late in the evening. The pool outside and the hot tub were great!! The rooms are clean, all new and fresh and we absolutely loved the white leather headbord - wish we could find one for our own bedroom. Very classy!
Overall a great deal for a nice quiet hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010
ColinHedderson, General Manager at Aava Whistler Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2011

Thank you for posting your review "Larisa1987"

We were happy to hear how much you enjoyed your Aava visit, at the edge of the action in Whistler!
Let me know if you need my assistance in sourcing your white leather headboard!

We hope to see you next escape from Seattle!

Kind regards,

Colin Hedderson

Reviewed July 28, 2011

The Aava hotel is conveniently located about 2 blocks from the main village, and our room literally looked onto the driving range of the Whistler Golf Club. 2 minutes after we checked in my boyfriend looked out the window and decided he needed to at least try the driving range.

The room was comfortable, and the bathoom was clean with a nice tub. We 95% of our awake time somewhere in the Whistler resort, and really appreciated the convenience and lower cost for this hotel. They had a hot tub we enjoyed. Unless you're planning to spend a ton of time in your room and need a very high end room, would highly recommend this hotel.

Reviewed July 27, 2011

My first day arriving into Whistler before noon, I was concerned that I would have to wander around the village because generally check-in is after 4pm. The gentleman at the door was extremely helpful, friendly and offered to get my luggage.

It turned out that my room was ready and I could move in right away! The lady at the front desk was all smiles and very friendly as well. The biggest mountain biking event Crankworx had started and the buzz was in the air!

Before I made it to my car, my luggage was already being loaded onto the cart and taken to my room while I parked the car. First impressions say everything and my first 15 minutes were superb!

Once I parked my car and took the elevator to my room, I ran into the doorman and he asked if I wanted the luggage on the floor or on the bed. Very considerate! Throughout the the day and night I was there, the doorman was always smiles and polite. A great advertisement for Aava hotel to everyone coming into the hotel.

When I walked into the room, it was spacious, fresh and airy with cathedral ceilings. With the granite countertop in the bathroom, roomy shower stall, plush Queen bed and A products I was truly impressed.

That night when I went to sleep, it was like falling into a bed of plush, cushy sweetness. The sheets were soft and smelled really fresh. There was no noise coming from any rooms or outside. Great night's rest!

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel to my friends and family! If this hotel had a kitchenette, I would probably stay here in the future for Crankworx 2012. Yes, I plan on returning to Whistler! If a kitchenette is desired, please ask the hotel if they have any available. I didn't ask for one because I was already booked in a condominium for 2 weeks that had a kitchenette.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank crashin_puma
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Great location just steps to the Village but nice and quiet, good value but we did have my husband's corporate rate. Rooms were very clean ( I even had a hot bath and usually think hotel tubs are gross!). Rooms are compact but they have everything you need including a mini fridge. The staff was super friendly, fun and helpful. Really appreciated how quickly they offered to call a restaurant and make a reservation for us for dinner, always ready to help and we even giggled over the "rockstar" British mountain biker. One and only complaint, I like to have coffee in my room and even bring my own small bottle of Baileys and the coffee machine only makes two cups at a time. I would prefer at bare minimum the 4 cup mini machines but would love to see a full coffee maker with the option of making a full or half pot. Great place, we will stay there everytime we go from now on.

Reviewed July 26, 2011

I usually stay at the Westin in Whistler, however, the weekend I was going up it was well over priced. I found a great price for this hotel. I was little worried for the price and was wondering how good the hotel was. This hotel surpassed by expections. The staff was was great and friendly. Every morning they would say Good Morning to you when i saw them in the hallway or at the front door. When leaving the hotel they would say have a nice day. We check-in late on thursday night and got a groud floor, which i did not like. Friday we asked to be moved and they did with no problem. The rooms are nice and the beds are comfy....I will be staying here again and recommending it. I will not be going back to the Westin. The hotel is in a great location to the Village. It is a quite hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank John_Rad_34
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We did a tour of the Rockies from Vancouver to Calgary and stopped at Whistler.We had booked 2 nights at the Aava Hotel at this location.

It is a lovely location with snowy mountain backdrops.The Hotel itself was very modern,this and some others only being created in 2010 for the winter Olympics.The staff were friendly and helpful.Our room had TV, Fridge,iron,ironing board and hair drier.

There are a number of eateries in this Olympic Village and we chose one only 100 metres away for our breakfast. The food here was quite good and the waitresses very friendly.

We arrived on Canada day and it was very busy.Being English it was good to see so many proud Canadians waving flags and painting their faces.

There are a good selection of shops including a chemist, and small supermarket,and lots of shops selling outdoor wear.

We took the peak to peak gondola ride which was breathtaking but not for those hating heights as you dangle 3,000ft over a forest!

An absolute must if you visit is a tour to see wild bears .We booked this from the UK with Discovery tours Whistler Land Rover Excursions.We were picked up for a 3 hr tour by James Fougere a local wildlife expert and photographer.His knowledge found us 18 different bears with about 7 cubs, seen at close quarters ,memorable.

In summer months this resort is mostly geared for BMX bike enthusiasts, and hikers.There were hundreds here using chair lifts to get there bikes up, then traversing the slopes at speeds.

In the winter snow boarding and ski ing are the main use of the area.

Despite not being interested in any of these sports,we enjoyed our stay at the hotel and resort and would stay there again.

Nigel Osborne