“Fun and Delicious evening at the Sidecut Restaurant”
Review of Sidecut

Sidecut
Reserve with OpenTable
Sidecut is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 193 Restaurants in Whistler
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Named for the curvature on the side of a ski or snowboard, Sidecut offers a modern take on traditional mountain cuisine. Situated in the celebrated alpine location of Whistler, the restaurant's sleek wood interior offers an inviting setting where diners can cozy up to the open fireplace or dine on our sun soaked patio. Enjoy dishes such as the Steakhouse "Sushi" Roll, Bourbon Birch Braised Belly of Pork, or prime-aged steakhouse cuts, cooked to perfection and inimitably paired with house-made rubs and signature sauces. Featuring a locally-sourced menu that evolves seasonally, the restaurant's farm- and ocean-to-table influence pays homage to British Columbia's diverse fare. To complement any meal, the extensive wine list features international labels as well as an exclusive selection of B.C.'S premier vintages. Here, steak is more than a meal. It's an experience.
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed at the Four Seasons Hotel in September and while we were disapointed with the standard at the hotel, we did in fact heavily frequent the lounge/bar and restaurant. Where we did experience Four Seasons service.

We first spent several hours being informed and entertained (and treated like kings) by Tim the bartender. He made excellent exotic drinks, delivered wonderful food (thanks chef) and taught us all kinds of interesting facts about the local food and alcohol being offered at the Four Seasons. He did all this will being busy! Wonderful.

We then dined in Sidecut on that same evening. The restaurant was pretty quiet - perhaps only a handful of patrons. Our server (sorry forgotten his name) was sharp and on the ball. He never missed a beat. He even brought me a pashmina type wrap as I was cold and we were sitting by the window. Now, that is service! For our dinners, we had the fresh oysters, a few sides, a couple of amazing steaks, two glasses of wine and two of bubbly. All in all our experience in Sidecut was excellent from the service to food. The cost for dinner with tip - about $270. Expensive? Yes, but you should expect this when dining at a Four Seasons. The wine the waiter recommended was so good that when we got home we stocked up on it.

The only negative things are:

Lack of atmosphere (or character) in the restaurant; and that the hostess called while we were travelling to the hotel and left a voicemail that if we did not call to confirm the reservation - it would be cancelled. Kinda odd, given that the restaurant was dead and I had already confirmed the reservation prior (twice) and we were guests in the hotel.

If you are staying in the hotel, I highly recommend this restaurant. Go early, and spend some time at the bar chatting with the bartenders - it will add to your evening.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Dining experience was ok but steaks aren't really worth the hype, go into the village for better food and atmosphere. Four Seasons will have to raise their game to encourage non-residents to dine here !!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Well, for a restaurant in the Four Seasons I expected more. It Is a beautiful restaurant and it may be that we were in a large group, but I found the food to be just ok.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Early one morning I had breakfast at the Whistler Four Seasons knowing The Four Seasons hotels have a stellar reputation. Located downstairs from the lobby, Sidecut, was named for its steaks, but in my case a fine breakfast.

From the innumerable breakfast selections I first chose the steel cut oatmeal, gigantic sweet blueberries, blackberries and raspberries along with perfectly ripe and tender cantaloupe. A great start. Then I asked the chef to prepare me a custom omelet. Delicious. I picked a bran muffin infused with raspberry. Truly, the most moist and tasty bran muffin I've ever eaten.

To me the location, atmosphere and service at Sidecut is mediocre but the presentation and quality of the food was upper crust. It would be easy to overeat with all the choices, but I didn't. As a pleasant surprise, the valet didn't charge me for parking because I had breakfast at Sidecut. What a nice cap off to an expensive but lovely breakfast.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Great food. Great wine list. Great service. Great restaurant management. Good views of the hotel water feature. Very friendly and engaging. What else is there to say. It's also very expensive but you get what you pay for.