“Best steak ever”
Review of Sidecut

Sidecut
Reserve with OpenTable
Sidecut is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 193 Restaurants in Whistler
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Named for the curvature on the side of a ski or snowboard, Sidecut offers a modern take on traditional mountain cuisine. Situated in the celebrated alpine location of Whistler, the restaurant's sleek wood interior offers an inviting setting where diners can cozy up to the open fireplace or dine on our sun soaked patio. Enjoy dishes such as the Steakhouse "Sushi" Roll, Bourbon Birch Braised Belly of Pork, or prime-aged steakhouse cuts, cooked to perfection and inimitably paired with house-made rubs and signature sauces. Featuring a locally-sourced menu that evolves seasonally, the restaurant's farm- and ocean-to-table influence pays homage to British Columbia's diverse fare. To complement any meal, the extensive wine list features international labels as well as an exclusive selection of B.C.'S premier vintages. Here, steak is more than a meal. It's an experience.
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We have been here before but I had never tried the steak - it was excellent, as was everything else about this classy establishment.

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Sidecut is a MUST if you're looking for the best steaks in Whistler. There are a lot of good places for steak but Sidecut is at a whole other level. It ain't cheap but it is well worth it! Fantastic can't even describe it.

Go there. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

The steak in this restaurant was the best we had tasted in Canada, amazing staff and we sat outside, lovely place, would highly recommend.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We had an excellent meal and the service was very good. The steak was cooked just right and the sauces were a great match. However - I ordered the rib eye steak and they brought me a strip loin. When I remarked about it, the waitress said she had the same question but the cooks assured her it was a rib eye. It was the shape of a strip loin and there was no marbling. I have been eating steak long enough to know the difference. It was a special occasion and I didn't want to make a scene, particularly since everything else was exceptional. The strip loin was very good for a strip loin. It was cooked just as I had ordered it and was very tasty. In spit of the slight error on their part, I would rate this as a top experience. I give 4 out of 5 because of the error but would otherwise give 5.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

An excellent restaurant in Whistler. Great steak and try the steak sushi, its fantastic. Service is great and the new menu has a lot of good stuff on it. One of the best steaks I have ever had and I like Mastro's and a few other premium places. This was far better. And great service as well