“A day with Extremely Canadian is a day well spent!”
Review of Extremely Canadian

Extremely Canadian
More attraction details
Owner description: Extremely Canadian - based in Whistler, BC - offers Steep Skiing Clinics, Avalanche Skills Training Courses, Backcountry Adventures, Private Guiding and Instruction. We also offer guided all-inclusive ski adventures to exotic locations around the globe. Spawned from a local freeskier's passion for steep skiing and an obvious need to change the face of ski instruction, Extremely Canadian is like no other ski school in the world. Come find out why.
Whistler, Canada
“A day with Extremely Canadian is a day well spent!”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My Extremely Canadian experience was a ski explorer's dream. I met like-minded individuals who wanted to explore the mountain for great snow and fun features just like myself. Our small group of four encouraged one another to try things outside of our comfort zone while our guide provided essential tips of how to be successful in our endeavours. I truly enjoyed my day out with Extremely Canadian, and I would encourage you to have your own adventure with them!

Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Whistler, Canada
“Backcountry AST1”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I recently did my Backcountry Avalanche awareness course or AST1 through Extremely Canadian and couldn't be happier with my decision! It's crazy how much you don't know that you don't know until you take it.

At first I was a little unsure. I'm not very experienced in the backcountry but our guides put me at ease. They were knowledgable, friendly and just wanted to help our group learn.

I was also pleasantly surprised by how much I learned - aside from backcountry safety. We went touring for two days and they really improved my technique.

I'd highly recommend this course through Extremely Canadian to anyone thinking of taking the AST1 or heading into the backcountry this winter.

Visited December 2013
Jill D, Owner at Extremely Canadian, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Thanks for the review, Chris Glad to hear you had a good time! Best - Jill Dunnigan
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Can't think of a better way to spend two days on the mountain”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Having taken many lessons at Whistler Blackcomb, I have to say that this two-day clinic was exceptional, and one I'd gladly do again in future.

The adventurousness level was just right, and instruction was spot-on. I was taken to areas of the hills that I would never venture on my own, or even find, for that matter!

What a great way to spend a couple of days skiing.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Dara S
Brisbane, Australia
“Ex Can 2 day clinic - A Must Do In Whistler”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I love Whistler and this clinic makes me love it so much more. I did it for the first time last year and turned up a little anxious about whether the clinic may have been beyond me. The guides soon put me at ease, made you feel comfortable and then take you on a couple of warm up runs and then a separator run to group people of similar ability. They are organized, professional and make it fun. The course is the perfect mix of guiding and technical support to get the best of varied and challenging terrain. The intensity tends to build through the 2 days and it is really satisfying to not only see some personal breakthroughs but also in the others within the group. I went back again this year and did some more with Ex Can and have had a few different guides all of which have been excellent - A must do in whistler but beware it is addictive.

Thanks to the Ex Can crew and hopefully I can get back there next year - make sure to get some wider skis as they make a big difference and are so much fun - just speak to the guys and they should be able to hook you up - Cheers Brett G

Visited March 2013
Bromont, Canada
“Extremely Satisfied with EC Backcountry Program”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We spent last weekend (2 days) alpine touring with Extremely Canadian guides Keith and Brent.
We had the most amazing time out there.
The guides guided us safely to the best terrain the area of Blackcomb would offer.
It was a great experience for both of us. My boyfriend is an experienced ski tourer while I am new to the sport of ski touring.
Both of us had a great time out there and it was worth every penny!
We will do it again.