“Amazing Via Ferrata with Josh”

Mountain Skills Academy & Adventures
$116.68*
Whistler Glacier Ascent Hike
Ranked #7 of 55 Tours in Whistler
More attraction details
Owner description: Mountain Skills Academy and Adventures offers guided tours and mountain skills courses. Choose from backcountry ski/snowboard touring, mountaineering, ice climbing, glacier tours, rock climbing, Via Ferrata climbing, backcountry hiking and camping, avalanche skills training and other mountain safety courses. Our highly trained guides will show you the best of our beautiful mountains.
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We had a fantastic day with Alpine Guides! Josh was knowledgeable, friendly and adept at guiding a group with varied skill levels and speed. The course itself is stunning, offering the best Whistler valley views. Don't be intimidated by the idea of swinging an icepick and scaling vertical rock walls - the course has been designed for all abilities and fitness levels. It's a thrilling and physically challenging experience - I have never appreciated the beauty of Whistler more that I have today on the Via Ferrata!

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We had our first via ferrata experience in July this year and it was awesome. We don't have any rock climbing experience before but this is totally achievable. Our guide was great and the glacier/mountain view is just stunning and breathtaking!!!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

From first contact Whistler Alpine Guides delivered. Laura was awesome helping us book out Via Feratta trip via email. They were great when we checked in at the office upon arrival to Whistler. Upon disembarking the Village Gondola the office was nearby and we met out guide, Josh. All equipment was provided and they even had me change from my hikers to waterproof boots, which they also provided, since our feet would get wet hiking through the snow. The Via Feratta grip in itself was amazing, one of the most challenging and exhilarating things I've ever done. Josh was awesome training us and making sure we made the most of our experience. He then gave us the choice for getting back down and walking then sliding down the glacier on the Saddle run was so much fun! I don't think you could go wrong with any of their tours, they are a great company!

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Our girls picked this so our family of four did the climb. What an amazing experience. Our guide Rupert was beyond helpful and made mom & dad confident that we could make it up. Awesome climb, beautiful views, challenging yes but the reward of standing on top of the hill was worth everything. BTW if you are scared of heights so is my wife and she rocked the thing. Absolutey reccomend this adventure. Dwight, Kim, Carli & Heather Sley

1  Thank DwightSley
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Wow. My husband and I did the Via Ferrata and it was simply amazing. I was so scared the whole time, but our guide (Rupert) was so patient and helpful. For me, it was way more a mental challenge than a physical one; my husband is not afraid of heights at all and it was a walk in the park for him, but he still loved it, too!

My suggestion would be that if you are scared and/or short, also wear knee and shin pads. I spent a lot of time "knee climbing" and am quite bruised up... but the bruises are totally worth it as the experience, the feeling of accomplishment, and views from the top are fantastic! Just do it! :)

2  Thank Rick O