“A great morning of flyfishing”

Valley Fishing Guides Day Trips
More attraction details
Owner description: Offering guided fly fishing trips for trout, salmon, steelhead, and char in the Squamish and Whistler area for over 15 years. For discerning guests heli-fishing and float plane fly-in day trips are available. Premium fly fishing equipment is provided on all tours along with lunch on full day trips. FFF certified guides on staff. Beginner to advanced anglers welcome.
Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A great morning of flyfishing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

We spent a great morning flyfishing in Alta Lake with Valley Fishing. Clint picked us up at our hotel right on time with all the equipment and gear we would need. He knew exactly where to fish, and we caught nine trout in four hours. We will use Valley Fishing again for some river fishing this summer.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank LovesToTravelCanada
AVRWhistler, Owner at Valley Fishing Guides Day Trips, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thanks for the review. I look forward to taking you both out for a day of fly fishing for salmon this summer. Tight Lines! Clint Goyette

Crested Butte, Colorado
“Great Guide - Great Fishing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have been fishing for about thirty years now and have been lucky enough in the past ten or so to fish at great destinations around the world with top guides. Clint Goyette ranks right up there with the best I have ever fished with. He knew where to fish, instructed me on how to fish, and otherwise was just good company. We fished for chum and rainbows and we did well - a couple of exceptional beauties in both categories. Clint is also a wealth of knowledge about local matters, lodging and restaurants. My strong recommendation is to fish with Clint if you should ever have the opportunity.

George R

Visited October 2012
AVRWhistler, Owner at Valley Fishing Guides Day Trips, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your trip with me. I look forward to another day on the water with you in the future. Tight Lines and Good Times -Clint Goyette
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Great day of fly fishing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Can't say enough good about Clint. My wife and I planned a last minute trip to Vancouver and decided while there we should do some fly fishing. Called Clint and he was very accomodating on such short notice. We had a fantastic half day fishing trip on the beautiful Cheakamus river. Right from the start he treats you like an old friend. His coaching of techniques was great. Thank you, Clint, for a memorable dishing trip.

Tight lines
Jeff and Karen Caldwell

Visited September 2012
AVRWhistler, Owner at Valley Fishing Guides Day Trips, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thanks for the review! I hope you continue to use the new techniques I showed you both. Tight lines! Clint
Charleston, South Carolina
“Awesome Trip w/ Valley Fishing Guides!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

Just had my first trip to Whislter and an oustanding day on the water with Clint. Whether you are a begginner or experienced like myself, Clint has a technique that I have never used before on the stream. Guaranteed to get you onto fish quickly and often. Not only is Clint an expert flyfisherman he has a vast knowledge of the region and if you are a history buff like myself it even adds more enjoyment to the day learning the history of the area. If you are looking to book a guide in the area, I can't say enough great things about Clint! Thanks for a great day! Chris Pruett, Charleston, SC

Visited August 2012
AVRWhistler, Owner at Valley Fishing Guides Day Trips, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thanks Chris! You're very welcome and I hope we can spend more time on the water in the future!

Tight lines, Clint Goyette
Bellevue, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing fly fishing adventure for beginners”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

My wife and I decided that we wanted to try fly fishing on our Whistler, BC vacation. The Valley Fishing Guides website was informative and we booked our service online. Clint, our guide, called me shortly after the booking request and we discussed the possibilities for fishing in and around Whistler with the half-day trip we had planned (4 hours).

Clint explained that we did not need to bring anything special, just layers for the weather, as he provides all the equipment needed for the trip, including the rods, reels, lines, lures, flies, waders, and boots. We brought along a camera to take pictures, but Clint also had a video and still camera for capturing the moment of your catch.

Clint picked us up and drove us to a beautiful river. On the drive and as we were preparing we discussed what to look for, how to think about where the fish will be, and what kind of fishing we would be doing. Clint then instructed us on how to cast and use the equipment effectively. After a short amount of time, I was able to hook, land, and release a beautiful Rainbow Trout!

It was an experience that we will never forget and we are looking forward to when we can book another trip with Valley Fishing Guides!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Sam T
AVRWhistler, Owner at Valley Fishing Guides Day Trips, responded to this review, June 16, 2012
Hi Sam,

Thank you for taking the time to review your trip with us. I hope you and your wife continue the pursuit of catching fish on the fly!

Tight lines,

Clint Goyette
Owner - Valley Fishing Guides Ltd.
contact@valleyfishing.com