“Great Guide - Great Fishing”

Valley Fishing Guides Day Trips
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Original owner offering guided fly fishing trips for trout, salmon, steelhead, and char in the Squamish and Whistler area for over 18 years. For discerning guests heli-fishing and float plane fly-in day trips are available. Premium fly fishing equipment is provided on all tours along with lunch on full day trips. FFF certified guides on staff. Beginner to advanced anglers welcome.
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have been fishing for about thirty years now and have been lucky enough in the past ten or so to fish at great destinations around the world with top guides. Clint Goyette ranks right up there with the best I have ever fished with. He knew where to fish, instructed me on how to fish, and otherwise was just good company. We fished for chum and rainbows and we did well - a couple of exceptional beauties in both categories. Clint is also a wealth of knowledge about local matters, lodging and restaurants. My strong recommendation is to fish with Clint if you should ever have the opportunity.

George R

AVRWhistler, Owner at Valley Fishing Guides Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your trip with me. I look forward to another day on the water with you in the future. Tight Lines and Good Times -Clint Goyette

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Can't say enough good about Clint. My wife and I planned a last minute trip to Vancouver and decided while there we should do some fly fishing. Called Clint and he was very accomodating on such short notice. We had a fantastic half day fishing trip on the beautiful Cheakamus river. Right from the start he treats you like an old friend. His coaching of techniques was great. Thank you, Clint, for a memorable dishing trip.

Tight lines
Jeff and Karen Caldwell

AVRWhistler, Owner at Valley Fishing Guides Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thanks for the review! I hope you continue to use the new techniques I showed you both. Tight lines! Clint

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Just had my first trip to Whislter and an oustanding day on the water with Clint. Whether you are a begginner or experienced like myself, Clint has a technique that I have never used before on the stream. Guaranteed to get you onto fish quickly and often. Not only is Clint an expert flyfisherman he has a vast knowledge of the region and if you are a history buff like myself it even adds more enjoyment to the day learning the history of the area. If you are looking to book a guide in the area, I can't say enough great things about Clint! Thanks for a great day! Chris Pruett, Charleston, SC

AVRWhistler, Owner at Valley Fishing Guides Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thanks Chris! You're very welcome and I hope we can spend more time on the water in the future!

Tight lines, Clint Goyette

Reviewed June 12, 2012

My wife and I decided that we wanted to try fly fishing on our Whistler, BC vacation. The Valley Fishing Guides website was informative and we booked our service online. Clint, our guide, called me shortly after the booking request and we discussed the possibilities for fishing in and around Whistler with the half-day trip we had planned (4 hours).

Clint explained that we did not need to bring anything special, just layers for the weather, as he provides all the equipment needed for the trip, including the rods, reels, lines, lures, flies, waders, and boots. We brought along a camera to take pictures, but Clint also had a video and still camera for capturing the moment of your catch.

Clint picked us up and drove us to a beautiful river. On the drive and as we were preparing we discussed what to look for, how to think about where the fish will be, and what kind of fishing we would be doing. Clint then instructed us on how to cast and use the equipment effectively. After a short amount of time, I was able to hook, land, and release a beautiful Rainbow Trout!

It was an experience that we will never forget and we are looking forward to when we can book another trip with Valley Fishing Guides!

1  Thank Sam T
AVRWhistler, Owner at Valley Fishing Guides Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2012

Hi Sam,

Thank you for taking the time to review your trip with us. I hope you and your wife continue the pursuit of catching fish on the fly!

Tight lines,

Clint Goyette
Owner - Valley Fishing Guides Ltd.
contact@valleyfishing.com

Reviewed January 12, 2012

There probably is only one challenge that is even harder than guiding a bunch of Germans and that is guiding a bunch of Germans accompanied by their teenage sons. In late october I booked Clint´s guiding services for a third time. That is already a proof for his outstanding skills, isn´t it...? This time we were a party of 5 people - 4 of them absolute beginners in flyfishing. Clint taught them how to flyfish with utmost patience, spotted the right locations and so already after the first of three days, all of the flyfishing greenhorns had caught at least one chum. We spent fabulous days with Clint and our 4 new flyfishers really "got hooked" . This wasn´t the last time, we´ll come back!

Achim Lameyer, VP Passenger Sales Condor German Airlines

3  Thank haiflaier
AVRWhistler, Owner at Valley Fishing Guides Day Trips, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2012

I am very happy you all had a great time and I look forward to your return visit! Providing the information required to have success and watching beginners do just that is one of my favorite things about guiding. Tight lines until next time! Clint Goyette