“Guided on world class water by a member of the Canadian fly fishing team!!”

Valley Fishing Guides Day Trips
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Offering guided fly fishing trips for trout, salmon, steelhead, and char in the Squamish and Whistler area for over 17 years. For discerning guests heli-fishing and float plane fly-in day trips are available. Premium fly fishing equipment is provided on all tours along with lunch on full day trips. FFF certified guides on staff. Beginner to advanced anglers welcome.
Ballarat, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Guided on world class water by a member of the Canadian fly fishing team!!”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

How often have you been guided on world class water by a member of the Canadian fly fishing team?

Clint provided a memorable days fishing at stunning Squarmish thanks to local knowledge, top notch gear and personal service.

I was instructed on the European fly fishing technique - Czech Nymphing to add experience and caught the majority of the days fish using this technique.

Recommend that you start the day with the breakfast of champions, a "Salmon Quick Start" from the local diner then hit the water.

Visited July 2011
AVRWhistler, Owner at Valley Fishing Guides Day Trips, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
I am always happy to share the techniques I have learned through competitive fly fishing. I hope we can fish together again some day! Tight lines -Clint Goyette

Lee's Summit, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fishing in Whistler with Clint”
Reviewed July 22, 2011

My husband and I had three great days of fishing with Clint. The conditions were not perfect for catching fish but Clint found them for us. Nice part is that we did not have to bring one piece of gear. Clint had us completely outfitted. The most fun was when he would yell (in a nice way) at us when we were landing fish. We had some great laughs over that. Hope to come back.

Visited June 2011
1 Thank Ruthless64
What a great bunch of days! I hope to see you and your husband again soon! All the best in fly fishing! Clint Goyette
Sydney
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Fly Fishing Immersion”
Reviewed May 11, 2011

My wife and I were fortunate enough to have Clint as a guide for two days in May. I am a keen fly fisherman with basic skills and my wife is a relative novice. I can not speak highly enough of Clint's professionalism and effort to make our two days enjoyable and successful. Although we didnt catch a single fish on the first day, thats fishing. On the second day we hooked over twenty trout and landed plenty. As it was May, there were none of the major salmon runs , yet Clint was able to create a wonderful experience. I would highly recommend Clint to all fly fishing enthusiasts. For beginners he is very knowledgable and an excellent teacher. For intermediates like myself he is a great source of information and your fishing will improve. Along the way you will catch some fish. For those very experienced fly fishermen I would recommend that they ensure that the fish they wish to target are available at the time they are visiting. We plan to return next when the salmon are running. and will surely use Clint as our guide.

Visited May 2011
1 Thank EyeandFly
Thank you for taking the time to review your days with me. I am always excited to share what I know to novice anglers as the memories created from a day on the water are like no other. I hope you to see you and your wife again in the future! Tight lines -Clint Goyette
juvigny
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“fishing with Clint Goyette in Squamish (BC) is great”
Reviewed May 2, 2011

I got the opportunity to be guided by Clint G. in early April 2011. I recommend to every fly-fisherman passing by Squamish (BC) to stop and spend few days with Clint. Rivers are great aroud there, and Clint is a very experienced and motivated fly fishing guide. That was Steelhead time in Squamish. Fishing was not easy (not an exception there I believe), but Steelheads are worth trying. Result: no fish landed. Nevertheless, Clint managed at the end of the day to find active chars. I believe that is a representative day of excellent guiding.

Visited April 2011
1 Thank berJuvigny
AVRWhistler, Manager at Valley Fishing Guides Day Trips, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell others of your trip with me. Going after the Steelhead is always a challenge but very regarding if you and a fish should cross paths. In the end, as you have mentioned, there are almost always some bull trout (char) or rainbows available if the Steelhead won't cooperate. I hope we get another day on the water in the future. -Tight lines -Clint Goyette
“Great experience!”
Reviewed February 26, 2011

Clint gave the two of us first-timers a blue-ribbon day. He got us casting and on the water in 20 minutes, and is a great instructor. He really emphasizes good techniques to land and release the fish safely to limit the impact on their health. I've since picked up fly fishing as a hobby and met other guides, but Clint is still the best. I would definitely go back to VFG when back in the area, any time of year.

1 Thank Dancon12
valleyfishing, Owner at Valley Fishing Guides Day Trips, responded to this review, February 28, 2011
Thank you for your kind words, although I am sorry that I have introduced you to such an addictive sport! I look forward to another day on the water with you both in the future! Tight lines, Clint Goyette