“happy”

Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed August 8, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Whistler Blackcomb.com
RQWManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Whistler Cascade Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

A Whistler Blackcomb traveler
Tahoe City, California, USA
Reviewed August 8, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed August 7, 2013

This hotel met my needs pretty well and I can say that I would go back but only if I found a similar good deal. I wouldn't pay anything close to rack rates for the studio - it's TINY. Barely enough room to walk around the bed on each side. I had to move the chair from the small bistro table in order to get into the sink to wash dishes. Like I say, fine for me, but would have been difficult with two people. Location is great, close to everything but away from the bustle.

The bathroom, funnily enough was actually quite large, big enough for me to spread my yoga mat out fully to wipe it down. Good shower but water was barely warm when I showered before dinner, I suspect a high demand time for hot water.

The bed was so/so - a bit soft for my tastes, maybe in need of replacement. I did hear a bit of local traffic noise and shouted voices the first night but not enough to disturb my sleep. I faced south east, looking onto the ski slopes, nice view. I was annoyed by the notice not to turn the AC below 68 - I like a cool room and 68 is borderline.

My biggest disappointment is that the pool area wasn't open until 10 AM. This is a resort hotel in the peak of summer. Early morning is the only time I am likely to be around the hotel to use it. I did use the hot tub in the evening. There are two small ones. They were VERY hot and most people couldn't stand them for more than 5 minute or so and so there were lots of people sitting on the side. The staff were friendly and helpful as were all the service staff throughout Whistler.

Room Tip: Consider that the pool is in the front and may be noisy during the day, the highway is in the back...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Thanks you for taking the time to write this review, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, I will defiantly pass on to the strata and owners committee, your comments regarding the pool and hot tub, as that is not our responsibility.
Again thank you and we hope to see you again sometime soon.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We first stayed at this lodge in 1996 when it was fairly new. It has aged obviously since then but we find it to be the perfect location, close to Whistler village (both sides),good size one bedroom suite with living room and kitchen. Room service is every 4th day but that worked fine for us. They have a lovely pool which we overlooked and you could see the peak to peak chairlift from our window. Staff very polite and pleasant. They had ample parking and a safe place to lock up bikes. All in all a great 6 nights there in July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LateTravelers

Thank you so much for such a lovely review, and we are so happy that you came back to see us again. I am going to pas this to my management team for our staff as its reviews like this that make our day:)
Again thank you and we truly hope to see you again soon

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We found this to be overpriced average accommodation. It was not until we had booked that we were told of the parking rates. Wifi service is very poor. Checking out one day early is not an option without 60 days notice. It seems that anything that a guest asks for cannot be accommodated because it's "policy" and it is beyond anyone's control! I would not stay here again nor would I recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank WhatView2

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, I can only apologize that you were not informed of the parking rates prior to booking, but unfortunately parking rates are not within the control of ResortQuest and are the responsibly of the the strata and owners of the building.
With regards to checking out early, we do not have any issues with that, but like all other hotels, you will not be refunded unless we have prior notice.
Again I am sorry that you felt your we mislead or misinformed.
Regards
Emma Fukushima.

A TripAdvisor Member
Seattle, Washington, USA
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Excellent location with easy walking distance to the Village without the noise of staying in the village. On warm nights, the windows could stay open and we were not hearing the bars and bands, ect. One concern is there was no deck on this unit and the room felt a bit dark and closed in. The pool was out doors, inclased in glass, and very pleasant. I would stay here again if I had a unit with a deck.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Thank you so much for your very pleasant review, I will pass this on to my management team, for our staff and hope to see you again sometime soon.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I was informed by the front desk that this is not a hotel but a "lodge" - i guess this is a good excuse for crappy service.

ResortQuest Whistler has mastered the art of squeezing every penny out of the tourists who are unfortunate enough to stay in at one of properties. Internet costs money, calling 800 numbers costs money, parking is crazy expensive at over $15 a night - pretty much nothing is included except the worn out room. Our studio was in pretty bad shape, with mismatched furniture, stains and upholstery from the 90s. Maybe lodge is a euphemism for a cheap motel. On the plus side, this hotel has a convenient location, about 5-10 minutes to the slopes and near the edge of the village. Also the pool and jacuzzi seemed to be in pretty good shape.
As mentioned, unlike a hotel or any other normal resort you have to you have to clean your own trash since it only gets cleared every 3-4 days - and with the kitchen crammed in the living room, it starts to stick up the whole place. With rack rates from $500-800 a day (apparently there are people who actually pay these rates), you’d think they could at least provide you with a fresh bar of soap every day and make the bed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank jurajfox

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, I can not express how sad it makes me that you did not enjoy your stay or feel it was value for money, I hope that you took the time to discuss your concerns with our lodge staff in order to make your stay better!
If you wish to contact me feel free and I can investigate further, all I will need is your room number and name.
Again I can only apologize