“Excellent Stay”

Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa
Ranked #15 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 27, 2014

From check in to check out, our stay was wonderful. Best breakfast ever in a Hilton hotel, the staff were very polite and helpful. Nice underground parking. Closeness to ski lifts and shops was a huge plus.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
There are newer reviews for Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Constantin Reservations & Revenue Manager assisted me with my reservation. I mentioned that I was trying to make a romantic weekend getaway for my boyfriend and I and he assisted me with finding a wonderful Whistler Junior Suite with a fireplace on a high floor. The view was amazing and the room was great. I had great service at check in, the bellman and room service also provided great service with a smile. Everyone was very pleasant.
The hot tub facilities and spa were also a great experience. Definitely recommend the Balinese Massage.
Overall great stay and memorable weekend. Thank you!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

This was our 4th trip to Whistler, but our first stay at the Hilton. Our 3 previous stays had all been at the Fairmont, but seeing as this visit was rather later in the season, and we didn't enjoy the ski through the slush back to Blackcomb base in February last year, we decided to locate ourselves in Whistler Village instead this year.

We chose the Hilton partly for its proximity to the lifts, but also because we wanted a one-bedroom suite with twin queen beds (the additional door cuts out potential noise from other guests, and separate beds reduces the chance of disturbing each other when waking up early due to jet-lag), an option which didn't seem to be available at the nearby Westin, for example.

Our first impressions on arrival were not entirely favourable: we had not realised that check-in time is 4pm, it not being obvious on the Hilton web-site, although (as we now realise) 4pm seems to be standard for Whistler hotels. This would not have been a problem if we had arrived direct from the UK, but we had spent the night in Vancouver, so got there at 2.30. After we returned at 4pm, having grabbed a late lunch/early dinner, the room still wasn't ready, but to be fair, they immediately gave us a voucher for a free drink each at the bar. When we finally got to the room, it didn't quite have the feeling of luxury we were expecting: the photo of the Glacier suite on the web-site, although accurate in terms of content, has clearly been skillfully lit (or maybe photo-shopped). Our room just looked drab by comparison. It also did not improve our frame of mind to discover one or two problems, such as the previous occupants having left the safe locked. We were, however, impressed at the speed at which these problems were resolved.

Once we got into swing of things, we started to appreciate the room rather more: in particular, the beds were very comfortable, and we loved the gas fireplace (not perhaps quite as good as the real thing but so much more convenient to be able to turn it on at the flick of a switch!) and the jacuzzi bath, and having a kitchen was a bonus.

The ski storage service, located in the basement of Summit Sports, is very good in terms of convenience, but not perfect: I could have done without having to negotiate the stairs. (By comparison, the walk to the Westin, although further from the lifts, does not involve stairs. On the other hand, it seems that you have to take your poles to your room at the Westin as well as your boots!).

Overall, we left quite happy, and I'd have no problem about returning - provided they redecorate the rooms!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
tlefkovi, Manager at Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Jonathan G,

Thank you for taking time to provide an extensive review of your March visit to our property.

It’s nice to see that you afforded us the opportunity to be the selected accommodations of your fourth visit to Whistler. I’m sorry that the initial arrival and first impressions did not meet or exceed your expectations although I am happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your time with us.

I hope we’ll have the opportunity to welcome you back for another winter vacation.

A Whistler Blackcomb traveler
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 18, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Whistler Blackcomb.com
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Great service & staff, we stayed here for a week of snowboarding. I unfortunately broke my arm on the slope and needed to check out early. Steve from the front desk helped us lifted the cancellation penalty and sent me a box of chocolate - super sweet!

This property is located right next to whistler gondola with ski storage offered right next to it. It has 2 hottubs - 1 outdoor, 1 indoor & a heated pool & sauna plus a great bar for apres skii!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
tlefkovi, Manager at Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Dear JeanL44,

Thank you for providing us with a review from your recent stay.

I’m very sorry to hear of your unfortunate accident and how it cut your vacation short of your intended stay. It’s nice to hear how Steve took an empathetic approach with your situation and we all wish you a speedy recovery.

When you get better, we’ll keep a spot open for you in the Cinnamon Bear Bar.

Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had a great stay at the Hilton. The location is great. Just a short walk from the whistler gondola and right in the village with the shops and restaurants. Your ski equipment is kept with summitsport which is very close to the gondola. We stayed in a king junior suite. There's a little kitchenette along the wall. Not too practical as there really isn't a dining area but a nice option to have. The bed was comfy and the bathroom was clean with plenty of counter space. They provide slippers and robes to use. No complaints.

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 14, 2014

My first choice for Whistler was the Westin, but high prices and a rude attitude on the phone (when I called to point out a mistake in terms and conditions on their website) made me reconsider. I am glad I did because my rate was half what the Westin was charging and (as far as I can tell) the experience was just as good.

I had expected (based on some earlier reviews) that the property might be looking a little tired - like the Sheraton at Steamboat - but in fact everything seemed to have been recently renovated and updated. I hadn't seen the need for a kitchenette, but in fact there is a grocery store in the village and I ended up making breakfast every day, so that was a good thing.

As far as hotel facilities - the bar is decent, but gets very busy with a young (20s) crowd and it was hard to find tables. Food was OK but I wish they had a better draught beer choice and wider vegetarian options - all the servers were friendly and attentive. I only had breakfast at the restaurant once but it was good.

My only complaint is that the outdoor hot tub is too small for a property of this size. The Sheraton at Steamboat (which is a similar sized and located property) has two outdoor tubs, each twice the capacity of the single tub at the Hilton. Personally, resting very tired and sore legs in the hot tub is an important part of the ski vacation experience but here it all felt a little too 1980's swinger party with more and more people trying to cram in uncomfortably and weirdly. Another, larger tub would be a welcome addition to the pool deck.

A minor point, but if you are staying in the north tower, you will have to walk through the lobby in your robe to get to the pool and hot tub.

Location couldn't be better - there is a free ski valet at the ski shop attached to the property and then you are only yards away from either the Whistler or Blackcomb gondolas. I like the Whistler village setup too, since there are lots of restaurants, bars, shops, etc right there and you never need to leave the base area.

Overall, recommended - especially if you can get a room plus lift pass deal which makes the experience very affordable. Staff were friendly and efficient and apart from the hot tub crowding, no complaints .

Room Tip: Tower off the main lobby is closer to the pool and spa - but really no complaints with any location
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Dear Raoul M,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such an extensive review of your visit with us.

I’m glad to see that you selected the Hilton over our neighboring hotel and that felt you received good value for this decision. The location really provides convenience and as you noted, friendly and efficient team members help to provide an overall memorable visit.

I hope your next visit to Whistler finds you at our address.

Warm regards,