“The right time and place”

Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa
Ranked #15 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Whistler Resort for two nights for the weekend. The hotel is correctly situated in the village and has all the amenities which a mountain resort should carry. We were warmly greeted and the accommodations were clean and comfortable. The beddings was clean and a comfy sleep. The Hilton Whistler was a perfect location for our stay.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Upon check into this hotel, we realized that they had internally altered our reservation into a lesser category of a room.

When we presented them with our confirmation, they fabricated an excuse, clearly seeing what we had booked, advised us that the hotel was full and proceeded to check us into the lesser room.

Not only was it a lesser room category, it was filthy and there was hair in the bed sheets.

The second day of our 5 day stay, they moved us into the correct room, gave us a fruit tray (which we didn’t eat as I have a citrus intolerance), in the new room the shower didn’t drain and the toilet didn’t flush.

Every day we had to call for a fire log as the maid didn’t leave one, the maid was also reluctant to change the bed sheets… even when we left the clean linen card on them. I loved lying in bed looking at the gigantic cob web above the bed every night.

We felt we had complained enough and were reluctant to call about the loud rattling heater in our room, but by the 4th night it became unbearable, as the service technician entered our room, he refused to take his shoes off and gave us a snarky remark (I am sorry but how many of us leave shoes on in our homes) and the he left without fixing it.

Hilton, you should be humiliated of the service and cleanliness of this location, considering my husband spent 169 nights in hotels last year, our judgment and observations of this hotel are with a great stance!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank Travel1012013
tlefkovi, Manager at Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear Travel1012013,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointing service and conditions of your recent stay. We know our guests deserve the best and we will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations.

We have shared your comments with our team and assure you appropriate steps have been made to correct the issues you encountered with comfort and cleanliness.

Should you return to our area in the future, we would love to have you back so we may better demonstrate the complete quality stay you expect and deserve.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I didn't want the holiday to end! This hotel provided a great all round experience. It is located next to the main gondolier which minimises all the messing around with skis and accessories that normally comes with a ski holiday! The hotel staff could not be more helpful and the actual accommodation, bar, restaurant and pool were everything you'd expect from a Hilton - spot on!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed February 4, 2014

This was a 5 day work/pleasure trip. I am delighted I choose the Hilton as my experience was truly a positive one. The staff simply cannot do enough for you; they were helpful many times during my stay. I had a suite which was a great decision; excellent set up, even has a real wood fireplace which I used each day. The location is literally a stone throw from the bottom of the mountain and in the centre of the action, with many restaurants, pubs and shopping at your disposal. The pool, hot tub and gym was a welcome at the end of each day. The bar was a super fun place to hang for a hot drink or cocktail during my stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Whistler, you will not find anything better.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed February 3, 2014

My girlfriends and I visited the Whistler Hilton on January 24th,2014,as it was a Christmas gift from my son. We were really excited for our 1 night stay. We had to upgrade from the king to an extra bed for my girlfriend who came from out of town. The cost $50. No problem, the room was nice, olg burning fireplace, centrally located and a nice sized kitchen. The problem was, when we arrived back to our room..11pm , I crawled into bed, my girlfriend pulled out the sofabed and there on the sheets were mouse droppings. Not to say the least my poor girlfriend is terrified of mice!. My other girlfriend took a picture and we called down to the front desk. Quickly, housekeeping was there and the on duty manager. At this time is when we were asked if we would like to change rooms, not at this time of night, all of our food was in the fridge, suitcases open and toiletries in the bathroom. The sheets were changed and away they went,an apology was given. The next morning we went to check out, we did with only the $50 upgrade waived. Feel as though if were in the corporate group that was there with the grocery chain, or as an out of town guest, from another country, we may have been treated differently..anyways, the service at the end of our stay I feel could have been more pleasant, not even a complimentary cup of coffee..wont be staying here again and have mentioned our situation to many.

Room Tip: one with a kitchen and a view out to the north is nice but can be noisy from the hot tub in behind a...
2  Thank 3AmigosloveOsoyoos
tlefkovi, Manager at Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear 3AmigosloveOsoyoos,

As I noted in my reply to your friends review (as you shared the same room), I wish to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance. Subsequent to your visit, we had our professional pest control company verify your room and those in the neighboring area and can report there were no further findings to indicate any pest activity. If I may be of any additional assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Our family had an awesome stay at this property. Our room was spacious and clean. We loved the layout as you could remove your ski boots on the bench at the room's entrance. We enjoyed the outdoor pool and hot tub. The location is great as you're right in the village and a brief walk to the gondola. We found the hotel staff to be very friendly and helpful. One of the gentlemen at the front desk recommended a couple of places after we told him what kind of dining we wanted, and those recommendations were awesome. He even mapped the places out for us. Bell desk service was excellent too. We cannot wait to return to Whistler and will surely stay at this property!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Natalieilovetotravel,

Thank you very much for taking time to provide a TripAdvisor review of your family vacation this past January.

Sounds like you had a wonderful time in Whistler and that some of our team members helped to make the experience even more memorable. I’m glad you were able to enjoy the pool and hot tubs. There’s no better way to celebrate the end of a long day on the slopes.

When you’re ready to leave the deep freeze in the east, we’ll be waiting to welcome you back to a warm hot tub and fireplace.

Warm regards,