“Modern Hilton”

Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa
Ranked #14 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights during Easter weekend for a snowboard trip with some buddies. They stayed at Aava, but I used points and thought I'd try this Hilton. Excellent location in Whistler village, near the convention center (parking there will save you money). The room had a kitchenette, a large bathroom with a soaking tub and a really comfortable bed.
Concierge will take your board at the end of the day and ou pick it up at a ski shop down the walkway from the hotel. Extremely gracious service at the restaurant! I received 4 breakfast vouchers (I'm Hilton Diamond) which were probably worth about $35 each. My buds met me for breakfast and we all ate like kings. The Cinnamon Bear Bar is pretty happening also.
Again...excellent service!

Room Tip: South wing was very quiet
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Soopnatzi
tlefkovi, Manager at Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Soopnatzi,

Thank you for providing a review of your recent visit with us.

You picked the perfect weekend to get away to Whistler and to our hotel. Fueling up with our hearty breakfast before heading on to the hills is the perfect way to start your day and finishing at the Cinnamon Bear Bar for après is the ideal end.

Next time I hope your friends will join you in staying with us.

Warm regards,

Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (1,973)

A TripAdvisor Member
Vancouver
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I've stayed in most of the big name places in whistler and realistically most of them are a bit tired and worn.....not the Hilton, the room was fantastic, not one complaint. Very clean and all in working order. The staff went out of their way to look after me, I've never had that level of service anywhere, bring it on, i like it! Special mention to Justin, if you are his management reading this, he is a credit to your establishment, friendly but professional. I drove up to pick up my bags without warning and there he was, at the door waiting with my bags in his hand. I can't emphasize enough how good service makes a stay. I'll definitely return!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Whistler Blackcomb.com

Dear Blackcomb.com traveler

I’m pleased you were able to share insight from your recent visit with us.

As you noted, Justin is truly a credit to our hotel and I look forward to sharing your feedback with him. I’m delighted other team members also helped in contributing to such a memorable stay.

We’ll be waiting for your return.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 24, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Hilton during Christmas break 2012 and liked it so much, we went back in March 2013. We love the proximity to the Whistler Gondola (2 min walk). Both times, we were greeted right away by the door man, who helped us unpack the car. The check-in was speedy and efficient, even if there was a constant stream of arrivals. The rooms are HUGE for the price with well equipped kitchens. The pool area is nice and very clean. Honestly, we have stayed next door at the much more expensive Westin, where the rooms are half the size. Also, they store your gear at Summit Sports, which is attached to the Hotel and right in front of the gondola. SUMMIT SPORT HAD EXCELLENT SERVICE FOR RENTALS! We will be returning.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank thisismyscreenname29

Dear thisismyscreenname29,

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review.

It’s so gratifying to hear that you are a returning guest of ours and that we were able to provide you with right service and facilities for your family get away. It’s equally satisfying to know that you’ve been to other properties in Whistler but chose to return to us.

With summer around the corner, I hope we’ll have the chance to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa in August 2012 for two nights. We picked the hotel for location and price. It took us a little bit of time to actually find the hotel because there are lots of pedestrian areas in Whistler Village, but we finally found it! We parked our car at the hotel which was easy.

Our room for the couple of nights worked for what we needed it to do. The room overlooked a golf course and some of the mountains. The room wasn't anything fancy, but worked for sleeping and was clean!

The location of the hotel was right in Whistler Village which was perfect for us. We walked everywhere in Whistler that we wanted to go. The hotel was also convenient to the gondola which we took to the top of Whistler Mountain.

The lobby of the hotel was huge. I sat in the lobby for a little bit reading while waiting on my husband and the chairs were comfortable and the noise level was low.

The pool was closed for renovations which my husband hated, but we were in Whistler where there was a TON of outdoor activities to do so who really needed a pool?

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great location!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed there for 3 days it was nice to get out of van for awhile and do something differant it was the middle of the summer so not to crazy we took the train up very long the wife like it I fell a sleep on the way up and we took the float plane back that was fantastic you are flying so close to the mountains great time if you have the chance it's a must do

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Unbeatable: The location
Convenient: Kitchenette and in-room washer/dryer
Decor: Like my middle-aged self-- tired and in need of some work.
Staff: Seemed indifferent
Service: Where was the shuttle? It may or may not be available...no dedicated driver.
Thanks for: Free WiFi

I give the hotel 3.5 stars (I rounded up). After our stay at the Pan Pacific Village Centre, this hotel doesn't hold up to our previous experience at Pan Pacific (where the rooms were nicer, staff seemed lively, and the manager greeted us daily with free wine/hot cocoa every afternoon). That said, our family agreed that not having to walk through the village in ski boots was a big plus.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Perfect location - can't get much closer to ski-in, ski-out than this place. Rooms were nice - we upgraded to the larger jr king suite - plenty of room. Spa and other amenities are a nice bonus. Staff was very friendly. We would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple