“Excellent location”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Ottawa, Canada
“Excellent location”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

The Hilton was a great place to stay for the week. You can leave your skis in the Summit Sport shop and walk right out the door to the Whislter Gondola or the Blackcomb Gondola. We had a little kitchenette to make breakfast or lunch. The grocery store is right around the corner as are many of the best restaurants and shops.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without connecting doors. Sometimes the noise comes through.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Richmond, Canada
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Likes: location and proximity to everything in Whistler Village, the room, cleanliness, quality of products/appliances/furniture, the view, the pool/sauna/jacuzzi, the extra touch, the bed, the service

Dislikes: leaving

We booked this through Whistler's website, through the secret offers. I had my eye on this property, and I got lucky I guess with getting it for a more affordable price in Whistler's standards (less than $200). We stayed in early January 2013, during Whistler Discovery Days.

The hotel is located right in the centre of Whistler Village. The Hilton Hotel is connected to small shops that directly connects to the centre of the village, where Lulu Lemon, Carleton Lodge, etc. are. Location-wise, this is prime!

The beds were very comfortable and clean. Multiple pillows and the most comfortable sleep await you after a long day hitting the slopes. Very quiet surroundings, and a room that overlooks a snowy backdrop only found in Google images.

The bathroom is huge, equipped with a deep soaker tub. Toiletries were the usual, but of good quality as expected.

There is a kitchenette with a top-of-the-line electric stove. The cupboards are stocked with everything you need to make yourself breakfast and other easy meals. There is also a dishwasher provided, and a mini-fridge. All you need to provide is the meat!

Take advantage of the pool and the Jacuzzi. Although they are located outside, but in a very private section of the property, you will instantly feel the satisfaction in plunging into the water despite of the freezing temperature. The pool is heated, and the Jacuzzi was empty at around 9 p.m., so you can privately enjoy this amenity with your friends!

Service was amazing, as the front desk staff were always ready to help, and were very pleasant towards us. They even had cookies to welcome guests! Who does not like cookies, and what is wrong with you?!

Also, if you have luggage, you may use their storage facilities at no extra cost (except for tipping the bell man) even if you have already checked out and would like to enjoy the Village for once last stroll.

They also had complimentary wi-fi in the rooms, so that was very helpful if you ever want to make your Facebook friends jealous...or to simply watch YouTube videos all night. Don't forget to ask for bedroom slippers if you forgot yours! They match your bathrobes (provided, in room) perfectly, and are free of charge as well.

This stay was amazing for us, and we definitely recommend this hotel, so don't hesitate if you can :)

1 Thank lilmissrichmond
tlefkovi, Manager at Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear lilmissrichmond,

Thank you very much for taking time to provide such a detailed and complete review of your recent visit with us.

I am delighted you were able to try out as many of our amenities and facilities as you did as it’s the best way to enjoy the resort. I’m also very happy to hear that our team members made a favorable impression with your experience as they take great pride to ensure everyone’s comfort and satisfaction.

We look forward to welcoming back.

Warm regards,

Director of Operations
Kirkland, Washington
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed at this this hotel for 3 nights in January. I have stayed here previously, and I very much enjoy the service (excellent), the location (very close to the gondolas), the hot tub (hot and clean) and the rooms (comfortable). But I can never stay here again. I prepaid 7 weeks ahead for a not-to-busy weekend, being assured of the lowest price by the hotel's website if we prepaid without changes or cancellation rights. I checked the week before and the same room was $40 less per night, with full cancellation and refund rights. I called the hotel and they told me that since I prepaid, I was stuck with the room price. I told them it was not right to have a lowest price guarantee and then offer the room for less after you pay. They said sorry, but you are stuck. They even called me after the visit and told me again they were sorry, but that was the policy. I asked them why they were wasting my time and they just said 'we are sorry you were not happy.' I told them I would write to Trip Advisor and warn people that unless you are going on a busy, possibly full weekend, DO NOT PREPAY. PERIOD.

1 Thank Tim L
tlefkovi, Manager at Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Tim L,

Thank you for taking time to provide a review of your recent stay at our hotel.

I am very happy that you enjoy our property but sincerely regret your last stay was disappointing. I apologize if our booking terms were not made more clear before you booked and will be sure to do a better job of assisting guests with this information.

I hope you will consider giving us another chance if you return to the area and invite you to contact me directly.

Thank you again for your review.

Director of Operations.
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Myself and my family, wife and 2 kids, stayed here for 4 days and 3 nights the week before Christmas. The snow was deep and the hotel was buzzing. The staff could not have been nicer. The facilities were everything we needed, ski storage, heated pool, indoor and outdoor hot tub. Steps away from the lifts and shopping without the noise one might expect in a central location. Our room had a small but acquitted kitchen for small meals and snacks. Enough storage for ski cloths, boots and other ski stuff. My wife and I were comfortable in the king bed while our kids (16 and 12) shared the pull-out couch. The room was perfect for a short stay.
We will return and stay at the Hilton again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
tlefkovi, Manager at Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear sunandsand61,

Thank you for taking time to provide a review of your recent pre Christmas getaway.

I’m delighted to hear that our facilities combined with our team were able to provide you with a fantastic Whistler experience.

Given we have such a long ski season; I hope we’ll see you again before spring time.

Warm regards,

Director of Operations
WA
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in January in a king room with kitchen. Plenty of room for two people. Our rate included lift tickets which made it a great value. Breakfast buffet excellent. Employees were friendly. Used ski valet which worked out well and used the pool after skiing. The Hilton is in a great location for being close to the ski lifts and fairly close to the small grocery store. We will stay here again.

1 Thank carmel57
Marbella, Andalucia, Spain
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I spent the week over New Years Eve at this hotel - was great! I totally recommend it as the rooms a large and cosy and the outside jacuzzi and spa really help to unwind after a long day on the slopes. The hotel was near the Excalibur lift as well which was very convenient. The only reason I didnt give 5 stars was 1) breakfast and 2) coffee machine. For 1) breakfast was not included in our stay and it was 30$ per person per day - that is an awful lot for breakfast! There aren't many places to get breakfast in the area either and the ones which exist are usually packed full and crammed with people. There was a kitchen in our room but when Im on holiday I like to relax not have to cook every day... and 2) the coffee machine made VERY weak coffee, it came out a light brown see through colour - would have been nice to have a nice coffee maker in the room.

Still I would go back anyway, those are just small points. The hotel is really cosy and well arranged and jacuzzi in the snow is unmissable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Less than a 5 minute walk to the Whistler Gondolas!

My friend had enough HHonors points to book an award stay right before Christmas, and I am grateful he had the points too because the room we stayed at would've easily costs $500+ for that weekend!

The room we stayed at was a double queen. Pretty standard in terms of offerings and a lot more spacious than some of the Hiltons I've stayed at. Don't expect too fancy of a room unless you book the more expensive ones, but it was more than enough for us since we just wanted to board. Free coffee and water was provided. Wi-fi was included too so that was nice.

We didn't use too much of the resort's amenities like the pool or the gym but I did get a chance to take a quick glance. The most attracting thing was definitely the heated pool. You can see the steam just rise off the water. Lots of kids though.

They also provide different activities at different time slots. I wanted to check out the ice craving demo they had but I decided boarding was much more fun. We did take advantage of the free hot coco!

There's a restaurant but plenty of better options in the Village! It is a short walk from the bus loop too so easy in terms of transportation.

Feels like any other regular Hilton, except that it is extremely close to the lifts and that was definitely why we decided to book a room here!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends