“Great location and a nice hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Whistler Village Inn + Suites
Ranked #20 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Sunnyvale, California
“Great location and a nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

This is a nice hotel right there in the very center of the village, all the activities are in walking distance and amazing views are never far off. The shopping ceters and restaurants are literally at 2 mins walking distance. So location is clearly a winner.

The check-in was pretty smooth and the staff was quite helpful. We had to switch the rooms and there was no issues. We got a 2 floor apartment for 4 people. The room was clean and spacious.
We did have few issues with the heating , for first couple of hours, it did seem a little cold specially on the top floor since the heater is on the room below.

But apart from that, we had an enjoyable stay here for a night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Whistler Village Inn & Suites for one night for a quick gateway.

A few points:
Conveniently located in the village and within walking distance to gondolas , exculabir and restaurants. staff is friendly and free coffee / tea at reception area i think thats nice gesture esp if u come from skiing or snow boarding or even if u arrive in the early morning.

If you want a nice rest and quite sleep, this is not your ideal place as the insulation is really poor quality. the sound travels from floors even a slight walk. KEEP THAT IN MIND!!!

This hotel requires upgrading.

Am i gonna stay again "No" i will explore my options next time.

Good luck!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travellerxii
Surfers Paradise, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

I am currently staying at this hotel and it is in a fantastic location, central to everything. There is even a spa to soak in after a day in the slopes.
Issue: We are on the bottom floor and it sounds like there are elephants above us!!!! It took me hours to get to sleep as they were walking around till midnight! Don't go here for a relaxing stay unless you can get on the too floor !

• Stayed December 2013
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

I travelled to whistler with friends and stayed at this hotels for one night - I wish I could have stayed longer - Whistler is beautiful, even in the low season. We stayed in a room with a loft - which was awesome, although may not be suitable for people who aren't so keen on getting up and down stairs to get into bed! The room was beautiful with plenty of space and a small kitchenette. However, 3 friends travelling with us, were in a very small room with 2 pull out, very uncomfortable beds, so I would possibly advise booking a larger room if there are more than 2 people travelling.

Wifi was also available free of charge in all hotel areas.

It wasn't too cold at the time I was there but the room was suitably heated for the temperature outside. The hotel was very central to everything that we required - restaurants/shops etc.

I would definitely stay here upon returning to Whistler!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

I had booked with a groupon. My understanding was that the Fri/Sat we booked were the final dates of the groupon. When I checked out I was dinged with $35 for one of the nights as it was a blackout date. When I questioned this I was told the website for the groupon had it wrong and they had later changed the dates. I did not know that. The woman checking out beside me had the same issue, but they creditted it back to her as she complained that she booked her room the same day she booked the groupon, whereas I had booked after the dates had been changed on the website. When I originally viewed the groupon it said the dates were included and that's why I ended up buying the groupon. Didn't think i should go back and see if the terms and conditions had changed! That's not good business practice. Buyer beware!

The place is a bit shabby and probably better for younger groups in their 20s.

The worst part of the service, however, was that we had very little heat and the room was downright cold. The small heater is completely inadequate given the high ceilings. I called down and had to convince reception that no, I wasn't looking at the air con, it was the heater, and had it full blast for an hour and a half and still the room was cold. She kept telling me to wait another 15 minutes and explained that the building was built in the 70s so the heating system is baseboard. Asked if we could switch to another room but was told they were all full. Finally she offered "we could look at loaning you a space heater but I think they're already all booked out for tonight". A-ha! So this is a known problem. We did end up getting a space heater, thank god, and throughout the weekend saw numerous guests walking space heaters up to their room or returning them. I didn't like that a space heater wasn't immediately provided knowing guests were having problems. The space heaters provided are the cheap type that suck energy like crazy, which is completely contradictory to the sign in the bathroom asking guests to respect the environment by re-using towels. They also made the room very dry. I hope with this review the hotel will consider upgrading their heating system as it is in desperate need.

On the positive side, I appreciated that pets were allowed ($28/night) and the bed and bed linens were comfortable. Organic toilettries. Internet included and worked well. Also appreciated that on check out we were advised we could continue to park until 4 pm.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank K K
WhistlerVillageInn, General Manager at Whistler Village Inn + Suites, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you for writing to confirm that our beds and linens are comfortable, that we have organic toiletries, free internet that works very well, and complementary extended parking. I also appreciate you taking the time to write about the other less than positive issues regarding your stay with us.
On your first point that coupon you purchased was not valid for your entire stay; we provide coupon companies with rooms rates and dates for specific periods. They then sell the rooms based on that agreement. You purchase the coupon through a third party and not directly from the hotel. These rates and dates are programmed into our hotel reservation system and cannot be booked for the dates that are not valid for the coupon. When a person tries to book a room outside of the valid dates they are told at the time of booking that the coupon is not valid for those dates but as a hotel courtesy the value of the coupon can be used as a credit for dates with higher rates. If the terms and condition of the coupon were not clear I suggest you contact the third party coupon company and inform them of your concern.
I am not aware of which room you stayed in. I do know that when you were in Whistler it was a very cold for Whistler. Whistler and all of British Columbia were experiencing an arctic outflow. This is a rear weather condition that happens once every five to ten years and blows extremely cold north wind down from the arctic. The heating in our rooms are adequate for this cold weather. The situation was that all our rooms have fireplaces and many guests were using their fireplace for the ambience it creates. Because the exhaust flue of many fireplaces were open in extremely cold weather; the heat from a number of rooms was going up the chimney and not adequately heating the room. This phenomenon has never happened in the years I have been at this hotel and was discovered due to the unusual weather conditions and after you had checked out of the hotel. Many other homes and hotels in Whistler experienced the same problem. The heaters were the best we could do under the circumstances. I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.
The Whistler Village Inns & Suites has five different room and suite types. They vary from spacious superior mountain lofts, one bedroom suites and deluxe hotel rooms. We cater to all age groups and provide excellent value and service in the center of Whistler Village, and a two minute walk to the main ski lifts for both Whistler and Blackcomb mountains.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Enjoyable stay with friendly staff in a location near the Village Stroll and the lifts. Rooms are clean and comfortable, if a bit Spartan, but they exceeded our needs so we were happy. Parking is a bit tight but seems likely everyone can fit in. Would recommend if you're looking for affordable accommodation in a good location.

Room Tip: There seems to be a bit of inter-floor noise so request a top floor room if you can.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Whistler, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

So i checked in, and about 4 hours later some drunk dude opened the door to my suite and barged in. Not only was I in a bit of a shock but when I called the front desk they said they accidently allocated the suite to 2 different guest so we had to get that sorted out. Really? Are they still using some kind of paper filing system to register guests and mixed things up... someone's smoking something at reception for such a royal screw up to occur.

I also have the suspicion that the hotel is make of paper mache - you can literally hear guest flatulate 2 floors up and anytime someone flushes the toilet in the building it feels like an earthquake. It's low budget, low quality and semi clean at best. The only real bonus is that it's in a killer location - right in the village and close to the slopes. If you can handle getting down and dirty, go ahead and stay here since it's "affordable" for Whistler. Otherwise, I'd strongly consider other options.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends