“Average hotel - Decent Value”

The Listel Hotel Whistler
Ranked #19 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Reviewed November 12, 2009

I stayed at this property for 5 days recently. The price was very reasonable, and the location very central and convenient. The rooms are basic, and are not exactly "new" but they were good enough for my purposes. I found them to be clean and really that is all I was looking for. If you are looking for anything at all beyond a place to leave your things and catch some sleep, this may not be the best choice for you.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed September 17, 2009

After checking out the other hotels in the area we chose the BW. The rooms are a little on the small side and have been well used, but compared to the prices being charged at the nearby hotels it represents good value for money. We ate in the hotel restaurant, the Bearfoot Bistro. That was a strange experience. The food could not have been bettered in both quality, presentation and value for money, but almost as much time was used up by various members of the waiting staff checking that all was well as we spent actually eating it. Be warned if you like a bottle of wine. The wine list runs to over a hundred pages. It would be cheaper to spend a month in the hotel than buy one bottle of some of the wines I found. What I did not find was a reasonably priced wine. Some of the names I recognised from other restaurants, but not the prices - they were at least double. There may have been something I was prepared to buy, but life is too short.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2009

My experience is the mirror image of another Tripadvisor review in June of 2008 from Huntington Beach, CA. We booked for two days by phone. No special policies were mentioned by the hotel agent--nor were any policies cited in the advertising write up about the property. Our daughter got sick in Seattle. We had to call to delay our trip, cutting our Whistler stay to only one day. Our cancellation call was about 6-8 hours before our stay. Literally traveling the world as we do, we have come to expect that cancellations can be made a few hours beforehand a reservation--especially if they are made by credit card.
Upon calling to cancel, the hotel clerk stated that they had a 48-hour cancellation rule and we would have to pay for the canceled night. We went ahead and traveled to Whistler and spoke the manager on duty, assuming we could explain why were had to cancel. It made little difference; she was adamant about their policy and finally allowed to have us pay for half the room price.
Upon settling down in the room, we noticed feces on the toilet bowl and we had to have an attendant come to the room to clean it. So, as far as we were concerned, we ended up paying 150% rate for a dirty room. My wife now simple hates the memory of Whistler, Canada even though I am sure it is a delightful place.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2009

The room is rather small, but very clean. Front desk staff was polite and helpful. Since our room faced the back of the hotel, we did not hear a lot of noise from the street. But during the night, there were plenty of hotel guests talking loudly in the hallway. For travellers who want to go to bed early and enjoy a restful night, this may not be the best choice in accommodation.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2009

Brilliant location right in the heart of Whistler village - minutes from Whistler village Gondola - surrounded by lots of shops and bars and restaurants to chose where to eat breakfast - lunch or dinner......great breakfasts at Blacks - great chimichangas at Longhorn Saloon - try Ziptrek great fun.....locals are helpful too......great room - clean - tidy - roomy - great advertisement for Best Western.......

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hope0710
Reviewed March 10, 2009

This was my third ski trip to Whsitler and as compared to the Delta resort where we stayed before, this was an improvement. I look at hotel properties as a staging area for my vacation - a place to sleep, wash and safely keep my belongings. With that in mind, I found Tte location of the hotel was perfect. I went for a skiing vacation and the hotel is very close to the base area of Whistler-Blackcomb while still being very close to the village center for restaurants, shopping and apres skiing.
The room was larger than I expected. The bed was very comfortable and the staff was very accomocating in putting hypoallergenic bedding in place for me and my son. The bathrooms had been remodeled and were clean and spacious. The soaps and shampoos were just this side of acceptable, but I heard that he management is looking to upgrade them. Each room has a refrigerator, a coffee maker (with coffee and tea), tea kettle and lots of cups and glasses. (8 glasses?!?!)
The staff could not have been more helpful. We had some minor travel problems and the staff went out of their way to help us get through them.
The sauna, hot tub (inside) and pool (outside) were clean and convenient with lots of clean towels and shower areas. There is a coin operated washer and dryer area which I did not use, but it is easy to access.
The hotel has a highly touted restaurant, The Bearfoot Bistro, but we did not eat there so I cannot comment on it.
The ski tuning shop in the basement ("Whsitler Underground Tuning") is great. Ski can be waxed and tuned overnight. Free storage too.
All in all I think that the Listel has turned the corner and I would disregard previous postings - this property has a lot to offer!

• Stayed: March 2009
Reviewed August 16, 2008

Hotel was acceptable for the price they charged. Bed could be better, as I could feel springs. Bathroom grout needed to be cleaned better. Pretty loud at night, lots of partying. Otherwise, a fine place to stay for those on a budget. Carpet appeared clean, nice location close to village stroll, and semi-updated decor.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)