“Great Location and Room ... Except for....”
Review of Glacier Lodge

Glacier Lodge
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Location and Room ... Except for....”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This was a great place to stay. A short walk from the main village, but far enough removed that you don't have to deal with loud evening crowds. We loved the hiking, walking and riding the gondolas.

The hotel had a great pool for afternoon swims and umbrellas when it rained. Overall we had a great time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Whistler Blackcomb.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed August 14, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at the Glacier Lodge. The price is great with the 3rd night stay free. We also loved having a full kitchen, pool, and DVD player for the kids. A few downfalls- this lodge is at the base of Blackcomb so the walk into the Village isnt the easiest. There was no air conditoning in the room and it felt like the heater was on 24/7. They did provide fans. All in all it is a great place that I would stay at again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 17, 2012

A/c would have helped as it was 30deg and no ice machine ( not working cause of heat)...could also have informed us that there is no cleaning service and no shampoo;

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed July 1, 2012

The room and overall hotel is fine. Clean and good location. Parking was an issue. This was the weekend of the Tough Mudder, and they were not equipped to handle the volume of people. Also, when I pay $200+ a night for a hotel, I don't expect to pay another $20+/day for parking.

Finally, my shower did not work, and when they sent a repair man to fix it, he said it was fixed, when in fact it was not. I told the staff the this as I checked out and they pretty much ignored me, and made no offer of discount or apology.

So, the hotel itself was adequate, but the staff were inept.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

1 Thank 651kumarb
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We booked this room through Platinum Whistler Service. The initial check-in was a little confusing, because we actually have to check-in in the hotel NEXT DOOR, "La Chamois" instead of at the Lodge itself.

And because we are not staying at La Chamois the check in counter could not give us the Wi-Fi passwords; the receptionist tell us to get it from the Lodge, but at the Lodge, the receptionist says that since we didn't book through them, he doesn't suppose to give us the passwords, we should ask our own agent... Any way, such confusion, gladly at the end the receptionist at the Lodge gave the password to us. The second confusion comes when I need some information regarding the Lodge facility, and I use the phone in the room to call the reception, but it goes straight to the La Chamois, and again, when I ask them questions they could not answer, and tell me that I must go ask the reception at the Lodge myself, which means that I have to get out of the bed and get dressed and PHYSICALLY go downstairs to the reception if I need any little question to be answered. This I find very annoying and unprofessional. Well, if you are going to provide a phone in the room, you should train the end of the receiver to have knowledge of ALL YOUR PROPERTY, or simply offer to find out then CALL BACK, not to tell your client to go find out for themselves.

Well, other then this managing hiccups, I find the property very lovely and charming and in a perfect position regarding going up to the slope/lifts; or the shops & restaurants. The living area with the artifical fire place (gas) is very warm, lovely and spacious, kitchen wares were well stocked with plenty of room if one needs to cook.

The bedroom is upstairs, one ensuite bed room with a supposely spacious living area outside of the bedroom, which however wasconverted into a second bedroom with two single beds; which one can imagine doesn't have much privacy ( the stair case leads right into it from downstairs), so I would say the overall size of the suite is good for a family of 4, but provided the two kids are relatively young who do not need much of privacy and like to be close to the parents at night.

I cannot commend much of the kitchen, because we didn't cook at all the entire stay except making some tea. Because everything was so convenient, every morning, we just grab our own mug to go down to the Portobello Cafe across the street in the Fairmount Hotel, it opens at 7am which is so good if you want to have an early start of the day. A lovely bistro at the Lobby Level, or a beautiful fine dinning restaurant at La Chamois, or a Japaness just around the corner. Or simply take a short walk under the bridge/tunnel, within 10 mins you will be in the buzz of the Whistler Village.

We love the property very much, except when snow falls heavy then the trucks removing the snow starts to work very earl and it might interfere with people who sleeps light, because the window/balcony is just by the corner of the main intersection. Otherwise, we love the quieter setting of the upper village, if we do come back to ski, will definitely try to book this property again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family