All reviewsgranola barswhite noise machinehot tubloft roomfrench presswhistler villagewarm cookiesfreshly baked cookiesrain showerelectric fireplacelocation is greatmini fridgecoffee makeroff seasonmountain viewearplugslobby
Reviewed November 18, 2017 via mobile

I am a travel agent and I have booked and stayed at hundreds of hotels around the world. I have never had a more disrespectful encounter with hotel staff in my life. We checked into our hotel room thinking we booked a loft sweet as we have stayed at this hotel a few times before, but to our surprise we recived a king room. This was the first thing that got under our skin. They didnt have any other rooms left so we couldnt change our room. Fair enough it was what it was. That evening we had gone out for a late dinner and upon coming back to our room we were greeted by the night manager Dean. We had been in our room for less then 10 mins when he came up to our room and barked at us as if we were being reckless kids and threatened to kick us out of the room. May i remind you we were in the room less then 10 mins. We had no music on and we were just talking to each other. We told him we would keep it down but Dean proceeded to threaten to kick us out. At this point i asked him who his manager was as i would speak to him in the morning. Dean was being loud and aggressive towards us. I had to ask him why he was raising his voice. he then proceeded to address me as " honey " insult me and say because he had to speak over my voice. I can assure you I was just speaking to this man and he was the only one out of line. When the other people in the room asked him what his name was he barged through the door holding out his name tag saying my name is Dean. Im 5 Feet tall, this man pushed me in the doorway. I couldnt believe it. My fiance and brother in law went downstairs later to speak to Dean about the noise and Deans brash, aggressive and arrogant tone continued with the guys. Dean was so angry with us he just kept saying im going to kick you guys out. In the morning we woke still upset so i called to speak to the hotel manager. What a waist of my time. He was barley apologetic. Didnt seem interested or to care that a customer had a negative experience because of an employee of that hotel. I told the manager that i said to Dean i would give this hotel a bad review and Dean said do it we dont want you here anyway. I will never stay here again nor will i ever send my corporate client's to this hotel i suggest you dont either.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lindsay S
Robert S, General Manager at Adara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2017

Hello Lindsay S,

thank you for your review, every review is important to us. I assume that you did not know that we have a CCTV camera across from the room you stayed in. Your comments are all lies. You were disturbing other guests, laud and aggressive. You are not welcome back to the Adara.

Reviewed November 17, 2017

The location, views and ambiance was really great when we got there. Unfortunately as the night went on, the music and noise from the club below became too loud and we had to ask to change rooms. The front desk was more than accommodating and we ended up with a nicer room than we originally had booked, but it would have been nice to not have to move at all. They also offer fresh coffee and pastries in the lobby each morning which my boyfriend loved! I would have liked to see comfier and bigger beds in the suite, but overall it was a good stay.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple

Hello Jamiekitching,

many thanks for your review. Rooms on the 3rd floor are definitely quieter. The loft suites all have queen beds but there are other suites on the 3rd floor with King size beds.

Reviewed November 2, 2017

Excellent place, friendly staff and excellent location. We came for business and ended up staying one more night as we enjoyed it so much and wanted to explore Whistler more. We came out of season. I am sure in season it will be even better...

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Marina_MMB
Robert S, General Manager at Adara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2017

Hello Marina_MMB,

thank you so very much for the great review. You are right, in season it is even better :-)

Reviewed November 1, 2017

Very good service, excellent location near center of activities. Very friendly and caring staff.
Although we arrived a bit too early, the staff cheerfully kept our bags in the locker area and texted me as soon as the room was ready. Overall, I enjoyed the saty and would choose Adara again.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple

Hello Vijayakumaran N,

thank you very much for the wonderful review. When you come back to visit us be sure to call us directly for the returning guest 15% discount

Reviewed November 1, 2017

First of all we couldn’t have asked for a friendlier staff. They went above and beyond for us! And secondly the rooms were extremely clean and comfortable. I will definitely be coming back and staying here. Adara hotel exceeded my expectations in every way!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you 9876carlyh for this terrific review. It is our goal every day to exceed the expectations of our guests. I am so happy that we accomplished our goal with you and that we helped make your experience in Whistler a positive one.