“Deserves a higher ranking!”
Review of Adara Hotel

Adara Hotel
Ranked #17 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Location is great and our loft room was wonderful. People were nice; even the room cleaners were smart and helpful. Lots of little touches, including putting bottles of water in your car when the valet brought it to you.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank usachaz
Robert S, General Manager at Adara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

thank you very much for the great review. There was a big high 5 after I read your comments to our housekeeping team, thanks

Reviewed January 21, 2014

First of all, our family had a wonderful experience at the Adara! The staff was overly accommodating and not only met, but exceeded all of our needs. The rooms were clean and nicely appointed. We had a loft suite and a queen room, the set up was perfect for a family of five. Especially when getting ready in the morning for a day on the slopes.

Loved the location and it is so close to everything. Truly less than a five minute walk to the lifts and all of the action.

Because of our awesome experience at the Adara, we will be back next year for Christmas.

Thank you Robert, to you and your staff.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Hell Jay D,
many thanks for the perfect review. You have such a great family and I am already looking forward to seeing you again next Christmas.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Staff at the hotel is extremely nice. They take guest feedbacks and request seriously. I really feel that they tried their best to make it the greatest experience for their guests. There was some minor damage in my room, which was not such a big concern. I just mentioned once to the manager, he remembered it and got it fixed on the same day.

The location is really close to the lifts, but very quiet at night. I did not hear any traffic in the village from my room. Not mentioning the free breakfast snacks and delicious cookies in the afternoon. Very customer-oriented service.

I would expect that the hotel will gradually update some of the furnitures. They were still fine during my stay. But, some of them started to show some tier.

Room Tip: I like the loft suite. It is very spacious.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for your wonderful review. It is a huge motivator for me to know that our guests have a great experience in our hotel because of the work we do. Thank you very much. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Adara.

Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

I booked a queen/king suite for a couple of nights with my family just last week through Pacific Coach everything was paid and they advised me to just print the confirmation email and show it to the bus and the hotel. We arrived at the hotel and everything went well with the front staff. But when checking out the manager and the front staff were looking for a hotel voucher which i really don't have. Annoyingly they asked me more than 3 times and even after i came back to the hotel after a breakfast outside asking are you sure you don't have the hotel voucher? With a look as if I am lying to them? I felt like HUMILIATED and DICRIMINATED!!! Lame front service they should have coordinated and well knowledgeable with their transactions with their business partner and not interrogating their customer. I phoned PCL and they told me that its been two months that they gave noticed to the hotel that the guests who booked through them will only show or give the confirmation letter or number when checking in. Worst experience ever!!! Would never ever be back to this hotel again! Improve the customer service!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Michellealeser

Hello and thank you for your review. It is unfortunate that you did not enjoy your stay at the Adara. the confusion regarding your reservation has now been clarified, thank you for your help.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Comfortable, cozy and nicely decorated hotel with polite and friendly staff. We enjoyed the morning coffee as well as homemade power bars, cookies in the lobby served in the morning, as well as the basket of fresh green apples. Nice snacks before of after skiing! Location is ideal Our room had a large balcony with view of the mountains - too bad it wasnt summertime so we could sit outside and enjoy the nice weather! We will definely return!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert S, General Manager at Adara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Thank you very much for the wonderful review. It is also gorgeous here in the summer, be sure to check us out.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I have stayed at the Adara several times over the past couple years and felt compelled to write a review because the place just keeps impressing me! The warm decor, the quality of the rooms, the location, the friendly staff, the value, and of course the fresh baked cookies are all key aspects that make this an awesome place to stay. Kate (the resident golden retriever) was there to meet us in the lobby after a day on the hill! Our room had everything you need, and a large balcony which overlooked Whistler mountain. Steps from the village and the lifts. Great spot, and will certainly be back again soon!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

thank you for your review. I am very pleased that you enjoy our hotel and thank you for returning time and again. Return guests are the biggest indicator that we are doing the right thing, making sure that our guests enjoy their stay. See you again soon.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

A good value for the price; great option to stay in Whistler Village if you do not have a car, it is close to everything; very friendly staff; clean; new interior design; enjoying the complimentary tea and chocolate chip cookie in the afternoon is sweet; and the hot tub after skiing was really relaxing. Some people complain about the noise to sleep, but I think this is not a point only about Adara, I could notice that probably most of the Village´s hotels beside bars and pubs may suffer from loud music. So maybe it is good to check about the position of the room before. But anyway I could sleep and the music did not last all night. The bed (in my opinion) was too much soft, but this is a personal preference. Overall is a good option.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert S, General Manager at Adara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

thank you very much for the very nice review. I hope that you will come back and see us again, be sure to call us directly and mention that you are a returning guest for a 10% discount.