“Will never come back again!”
Review of Adara Hotel

Adara Hotel
Ranked #18 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We didn't plan in advance and had to book this place in a rush. The staff was nice enough to match a lower price that I saw from a website for us. When we first stepped into the room, we were surprised by the modern look of the design. At least we knew that this place had been lately renovated. But unfortunately everything after that was not memorable at all. We stayed on the second floor and was really disturbed by the noise from the night club downstairs. My dog was very nervous all night not only because of the club, but also the loud sound people make passing by our room. This was the most noisy hotel I have ever stayed in. If hotel is meant to be a place for resting, then this is not the one.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank aquairena
Robert S, General Manager at Adara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

I appreciate your review and we are happy that you liked our staff and decor. Whistler village is a fun and lively place, it can sometimes get noisy. There is a bylaw which addresses noise after 10pm in the village and our staff have been trained to deal with disturbances to insure that our guests have a pleasant stay with us. We provide white noise machines and ear plugs in all rooms. I'm not sure if they make them for dogs :-)

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The beds are amazingly comfortable! The rooms are quite spacious however spoiled by the glaringly damaged roman blind which hung up on one side and down on the other, the top of which was also badly pulled out of the ceiling. The hotel didn't seem busy so i wondered why we would have been given a room with such a glaring fault. I would have thought that maintenance would have been done in the off season, ready for winter. The hotel is very centrally located in the village. The car was valet parked which was nerve wracking considering we had a hired car but there was no problem at all. The staff was pleasant and helpful.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Many thanks for your kind review and I am pleased that you found our beds comfortable. I have been told by guests who normally jump out of bed in the morning that our beds made them want to stay in bed because they are so comfortable. They are Sealy Posturepedic Pillow Top beds, top quality because our guests are worth it.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have stayed at a few hotels in Whistler. The Westin is nice, expensive and large with a very corporate atmosphere. There are non stop conferences and a lot of hotel employees running around until you need one.

If you want relaxed, cozy and simple and easy with a touch of modern, then I would highly recommend the Adara. Rates are reasonable and staff really is friendly. They seem to keep the same staff so it is nice to see the same helpful faces when you return.

This hotel is run more like a quaint B&B than a large hotel, so you have to keep in mind that the front desk is more than happy to to help, you just might have to wait a minute while the help the prior guest.

Rooms are clean, modern and perfectly equipped for the weekend warrior who wants to cook and have company. Most rooms are loft style and provide outdoor balcony with privacy. Value is here, but dont come expecting all the services of a major 100 room hotel, rather think of it as an easy rental unit with a nice clean bathroom, friendly staff, comfy beds and really nice kitchen, the rooms I stayed in had 2+ TV's with several channels.

The hotel is minutes walk to all the fun night spots and super easy to access if you are biking or skiing thanks to its amazing location. I agree the pool and hot tub area could use updating, but if you have been to other hotels in Whistler you would know that they ALL do! I read the other reviews and honestly think these people should have paid 2x as much to get 1x more at the other hotels and not complain, as this hotel is best value in Whistler.

I never had a problem with the linens or the cleanliness, and I have stayed in several of their rooms. I also know they were going to repaint all the rooms during the off season so I think they are even nicer now.

I stayed the summer of 2012 and stayed with my kids. THIS HOTEL IS PERFECT FOR FAMILIES OR FRIENDS STAYING TOGETHER as the rooms have a PRIVATE LOFT area! My daughter loved the afternoon cookies and morning breakfast bars.

Anyway hope this helps!

Room Tip: Loft rooms are great value and have nice decks. They have a 2 bedroom loft that is great for familie...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank WORLDLYTRAVELER83

Thank you very much for your wonderful recommendation. I agree with you that the Adara is the best value in Whistler.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We booked a room for one night (thank god) ... and as soon as we stepped into the elevator I should have turned around and walked away. The elevator was filthy and the carpets hadn't been vacuumed in days. It was the same the next day. There was no TV remote and they had no extras (the front desk told us to we had to do it manually) so if you wanted to watch TV it was like the old days. The bathroom was filthy and to make this even more impressive the bath robes hanging in the bathroom were so shabby that it was pointless even trying to wear one. In fact one robe had blood all over the sleeve and it was left hanging and folded nicely on the door...yuk!!!! The showers was gross and it pretty much felt like a cheap hotel in some 3rd world country. I was not impressed and the there was no manager on site to even talk to. Very poor hotel in my opinion especially for Whistler.... The breakfast bars and coffee were excellent thus the rating I've given it. Thats about it.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else unless you don't care where you sleep ( or try to sleept). The noise was ri...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Neil F

All reviews are appreciated, even negative ones. They help to point out where we might have dropped the ball. We will try harder.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed here for the first time recently and were quite pleased. We travel with our large dog and he was warmly welcomed by staff and the GMs very sweet dog. Our room was trendy and cozy, not at all run down as others have stated. The beds are incredibly comfy and the linens are nice. Not a huge fan of the shower style (straight down for. The ceiling) but that's just a personal thing. Only two issues we had were very minor and not worth complaining about... One was that we had a large work pickup truck that wouldn't fit in their parkade and second was that we used the hot tub in the morning and there was a film of dirt around the rim at the top of the water. Pretty gross actually, but the pool and lounge area were beautiful otherwise. We would definitely stay again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you again and be sure to mention that you are a returning guest when you call to book, the rate will be 10% better than anywhere on the internet, a thank you for your loyalty. Kate (my dog) will be happy to see you again :-)

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Slow start at front desk room not ready, in hindsight i see why due to the sluggish unprofessional cleaning staff explained later.

Opened the suite door looked good with some modern touches, opened the sofa bed to chill out and pull the blanket up to our face to find dried blood and urine/sweat stain. The funny thing was that it did look like it had a circle on it to ensure housekeeeping removed it from circulation..... Manager was quick to bring a new one and did comp our parking.

No batteries in remote for tv in upper bedroom. Problem was you have to breach over a ledge, over the stairs to just reach buttons to change channel. Crap cable leaves limited options so just didnt even bother, starred a ceiling while my partner slept.

Next, grabbed towels from front desk, tiny face clothes basically...... On my way back to the room, had the pleasure of listening how hungover two housekeeping staff were from the night before. Fine with me, everyone has a hangover, but as business owner ths exemplifies poor professionalism at its finest...........To the hot tub... I went in first without looking, leaned back on the side to discover dirtt and grime everywhere along the edge. This topped it off and we just needed to get out.

Trust me when i say im an easy going person,with low expectations, but this was poor at best

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Phil O

I am truly sorry that your experience at the Adara did not meet your expectations. Thanks to your review we have had a much closer look at our housekeeping procedures and have made changes to our cleaning and inspecting system. It is my sincere hope that no guest will have to experience this again.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

This was my first time to Whistler so I can't compare it with other hotels but for the price and location it would be pretty hard to beat. Right in the centre of Whistler village, it's on top of all the restaurants and activities. It's the little things that make a difference and having a pot of hot coffee and cookies in the reception was a really nice touch (they do have a french press and coffee in the rooms too). The service was good, the staff seemed to enjoy their jobs and were friendly, helpful and efficient and of course the hot tub and small pool were a welcome break after a day trekking around the mountains (ok so by that I mean a trip on the gondolas and lunch at Earl's but you get the idea). As a comparison the rooms are like the UK's Premier Inn with a bit of additional personality, clean and functional. A big plus for any pet lover is that they allow dogs. I'd recommend Adara for anyone needing a nice base but not necessarily if you're thinking of proposing or going on honeymoon.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are split level with the bedrooms on a mezzanine though sadly none of them have ba...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Robert S, General Manager at Adara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Thank you very much for your complimentary review. We are very proud of our hotel and the work that we do trying to insure that we exceed the expectations of our guests. All of our loft suites do have balconies looking at the magnificent Whistler scenery. I hope some guest to come to propose or celebrate a honeymoon as this is a very romantic hotel.