All reviewsgranola barswhite noise machinehot tubloft roomfrench presswhistler villagewarm cookiesfreshly baked cookiesrain showerelectric fireplacelocation is greatmini fridgecoffee makeroff seasonmountain viewearplugslobby
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I found my stay to be quite enjoyable. I thought the staff was very professional and helpful, even thought I demanded many things on them during my stay. I thought the rooms were in great condition and well kept. I wouldn't consider any other place to stay in whistler.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Robert S, General Manager at Adara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2016

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed here in april 2011 with my wife 4 year old daughter and 7 month old son. The hotel was great clean rooms very friendly and accomodating staff. I dont understand why there are so many complainers here. I think most people beleive they are the only guests in the hotel and think the staff is here to serve their purpose soon as they ask. If you ask for towels dont expect them as soon as you hang up the phone have common sense and give them time to do there job. I bothered the girl at the front desk about 4 times in the span of an hour to get my car keys and she was friendly EVERY time. Thanks Adara staff and management, we appreciated everything and will stay again for sure

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank ryanunited9
AdaraManager, Manager at Adara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2011

We would like to thank this guest for posting this review. It is our pleasure and our goal to provide excellent guest experiences. We are always grateful to hear when we have succeeded in delivering.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed September 8, 2011

Three of us stayed at this hotel for, thankfully, just one night. We had several issues (two hours until room was ready, no short-term parking out front when checking in, long line-ups when trying to check in, noise, worn-out furnishings, useless air conditioning--exactly as another reviewer states: it cooled off the stairs and that's about it) but the number one problem was the disturbingly UNCLEAN suite. This tainted our stay from the moment we arrived and we just felt icky being there. We did call the maids back in more than once but I actually went around with disinfectant wipes as there is no way any real cleaning had been going on for some time, and I'm talking ground-in grime as well as dust and hairs and stains and sticky spots and all manner of YUCK everywhere. I could not bring myself to use the shower, we did not TOUCH the duvets or throw cushions, and we went to Starbucks for coffee rather than using the (dirty) provisions. I could go on and on, but really, all I need to say is: don't stay here. There are plenty of better hotels to choose from at Whistler. Sure, the location is great, and we found the staff to be friendly and understanding, but the place is obviously neglected and understaffed--or poorly staffed--in the cleaning department. Perhaps people partying and just using it as a handy place to crash won't notice or mind the filth...but for anyone else, it is unpleasant and not worth your time or money. This seems to me, ultimately, a management issue--cleaning is obviously not a priority.

Room Tip: A room in another hotel would be your best bet. We had a loft on third floor: noisy, limited view, stuffy, felt like a cave.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank LCA-1206

Reviewed September 6, 2011

i stayed at adara hotel on thursday Sep1, 2011 with my fiance and my 12 years old sister ( and my shih tzu ). we wanted a small get away up in whistler to enjoy before my sister starts school. when we first arrived the place was modern and clean. we booked a king studio but we wanted a bigger room because my sister ended up coming with us and not staying at my parents hotel ( Hilton ). i asked to see both room and the woman was pretty rude never even start a convo in the elevator. as for me, i started a convo asking if there was a jazz festival ( my friend told me about ) and her reply was " i dont keep update on whats going on the village ". My partner and I looked at each other in shock.

anyways, i respect that it was a pet friendly enviroment. but the place was dirty. shower head was gross. ( i didnt take a shower the first day- and second i took a shower downstairs in the pool shower) there was stain on the towel. we payed almost 200 a night together and it was not worth it. the only thing i liked about this hotel was its close to everything and its dog friendly. other then that its not worth staying here. i rather spend extra to stay in a nicer hotel i mean CLEANER HOTEL.

Room Tip: look at all rooms before confirming.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank d m

Reviewed August 31, 2011

Being in Whistler in the evening is as much fun as being on the bike, on the lifts and away from the shops during the day - and we had a great time. We had a south-facing balcony and lovely sized room. We want to go back in Winter. The hotel position makes it. We parked in a free carpark (72 hours).

Room Tip: 2nd floor, south-facing - balcony sizes and room sizes vary
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
AdaraManager, Manager at Adara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2011

We appreciate positive feedback and are grateful to this guest for posting a review about our ideal village location. Thank you!