“Summit in whistler”

Ranked #3 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Kamloops, Canada
“Summit in whistler”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Location is perfect...right in the village with access to everything...staff and ski services very friendly and helpful...room was nice...serviced its purpose for the basics....Bed was very comfortable even the pullout wasn't bad...I think for the special spring break rate it is worth it but I wouldn't pay premium prices...would I return..Yes!..Whistler is a magical place...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Whistler Blackcomb.com

Tony M, General Manager at Summit Lodge Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We pride ourselves on the small things that you have pointed out in you're review. We have friendly staff and a great location. We hope that you do return, make sure to call the hotel directly so as to ensure the best rate possible!

Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I just lived my stay at the Summit Lodge and Spa. My room had a complete mini kitchen . The room decor was lovely . The staff was friendly and helpful .
The hotel is located right in Whistler Village near shops , restaurants and a grocery store .
I enjoyed the spa services on site .
I hope to return

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Lorraine Y, Manager at Summit Lodge Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear leaffan2

Thank you for your review of your time here at the Summit.

We have constant projects in ways to improve our rooms and hotel, and are glad that you found your room decor lovely.

We definitely hope that you'll get a chance to return! Let us know that you're a return guest next time you book, and we'd love to see what we can do!

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Well, what can I say, I really enjoyed my stay and I rarely go on these things to leave reviews. But in fairness, I have to make the exception because I really had A lovely stay! In particular, I wish to commend the Hotel on the quality of their mattresses! I had a back injury a couple of years ago, and I rarely - if ever- find mattresses this comfy!! I know I'm being very specific here, and I hope that does not take away from the fact that I left five stars on my review because the staff were amazing and so was the snow! Great service, I'm very happy, so a big thank you to you and your team!

Cheers, J. G.

Dublin, Irl.

Room Tip: My room was perfect, facing the street, great view of the local mountain ranges stretching away from...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
HI James,

Thank you so much for the great review. So happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our beds helped ease your back pain. Have a great day and thanks again for the review!
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I would highly discourage one from staying here - the place is hyped to make it seem like a top level hotel but it is not even close. The Internet does not work at all in the rooms, the toilet would not flush, they had no spare fan when I asked, there is no gym, the hot tub did not work and the spa did not either when I was there. The Fairmont, though a little more expensive, is MUCH nicer. As is the even less expensive Whistler Village Inn and Suites.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank losglobos
Lorraine Y, Manager at Summit Lodge Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Hi there mr-ram,

I'm so sorry to hear that your stay with us was not enjoyable and fun as we hope all our guests experience.

Although we endeavour to make sure that everything does function well for our guests, we can't guarantee that it will. However, our frontdesk and house staff are very keen and eager to do everything we can for our guests to ensure that they are well looked after. Again, if you had called down to communicate any of your problems but we have failed to do so, please email me that I might address the issue with our staff.

We have over 17 wireless internet in our 81 room hotel, which does give the hotel ample coverage. Any slow access can occur when we are at a higher occupancy. However, knowing this, our team have also installed a further 4 "private" access points that we direct our guest to in the event of speed issues related to our occupancy. Frontdesk are trained to troubleshoot any issues with wi-fi for our guest and are able to help the majority of those who call down. The usual problems have to do with permitting cookies on your device or clicking through the splash page on your internet browser. If you did call down and your issue was not resolved, please feel free to contact me directly.

Our hot tub is emptied twice a week to maintain a healthy water quality, on Monday mornings and Friday mornings and is open year-round, 9am to 10pm daily.

I also apologize if in any way our website has communicated to you that we are a luxury hotel that you expected. We are not in anyway a luxury hotel, but identify ourselves as being a small boutique hotel, that loves all the fun little things in life. If you feel like you were misled by us or any third-party sources, please let me know that I might see how I can address this.

Thank you for your feedback, I look forward to hearing from you!

St. Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Just back from 11 days stay in Whistler, skiing. Lovely small hotel in a central location. All facilities great. Particular mention for Mark the shuttle bus driver and his wife Emily on reception, also Bong who looked after our room throughout our stay.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We stayed on 4th floor, no problems at all.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello ian g

Thank you for your review and for highlighting some of our staff who helped make your stay fantastic. We're always so encouraged to hear feedback from our guests!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Simply put, this place is amazing. Having been to Whistler several times, I have experienced a few of the different hotels in the area. By far I must say that this has been the best stay on any of my trips. The condition of the hotel is excellent, and was always in excellent condition. The room we stayed in was very comfortable. There was plenty of space and room to relax after a day of skiing as well as food and drinks nearby.

Where this location excelled, however, was in how warm and welcoming it felt. The staff was always available and willing to help. When we arrived Courtney checked us in with a smile and went through great lengths to make sure we were comfortable in our stay. She really made the whole experience come together.

I highly recommend this location for anyone headed to Whistler. And make sure you take your gear for a tune up at their tech shop. Best ride of my life.

I did not use the fitness center or spa so I cannot comment.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Well hello there skibum919

Wow, wow, WOW, Thank you so much for giving us such a great review. We're very encouraged to know that with the times you have spent in Whistler, that we stood out to you.

I'll be sure to pass on your gratitude to Courtney, she is quite wonderful isn't she, give us quite a giggle too.

I'm also glad you had a chance to experience our tech shop. All our staff swear by their skills, they definitely know their stuff.

Hope to see you for next season.

Shawnee, Kansas
Reviewed March 17, 2014

You must stay here! No, it's not the Ritz, it's better! It's a quaint hotel with the nicest people running it! That is what matters most to me. I want to be treated like family and that's what you get here.

The staff is simply amazing! Mark drives the van to the lifts, and he is there for you all day! He is at the base of Whistler every 8 minutes!!! No matter when we got off the mountain, Mark was there. He loads your skis and poles and has all the insider info!! We got married while there, and he bought a wedding song for us, rolled out red carpet, literally, and generally just made our days! He's just the sweetest guy and we loved him!!

His wife Emilie works the front desk. She made sure we had champagne and chocolate and a personal note when we got back from our wedding on the mountain. She's also just wonderful!!!

Brad runs Underground Tuning, which is in Summit Lodge, and you store your skis there for free when you get off the mountain. Anyway, Brad was a doll. He came up and took pictures for us and was our witness for our wedding!!

The GM of the entire hotel ran, for real, RAN our documents to City Hall for us as we had left them at the front desk. Sadly, we weren't there yet, so he ran back to the hotel to find us! Who does that? What a kind and amazing thing.

The hotel itself is spotless! Our room faced the street, had two balconies, large windows and you could see the lifts on Whistler. The bed was comfy!! The room has a mini-fridge, MW, Kehrig and enough cooking stuff to stay in if you'd like. The lobby has a supreme automated cappuccino/hot chocolate maker too! Aveda products too!!!

The location is ideal. Grocery is 1 minute away. McD's, Starbucks, Blendz, North Face, Seneka Flowers, bakery etc...all 1 minute away! The hotel is attached to Element's and Sachi Sushi. There is even a local toy store right next door.

The pool and hot tub are smaller sized, but there's not 200 rooms here either. There's room for everyone and the hot tub is burning hot!!! There's also a great spa for massages and facials right by the lobby.

Room Tip: Room 315! Two Balconies and it's also a small suite. View of the lift on Whistler. So quiet...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Phog67
Hi there Phog67,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a wonderful and detailed review of your stay with us. I am so, so glad, that your experience with our staff and stay went smoothly on such a special occasion! Hearing that we were able to have a part in making your wedding and vacation lovely is why we love doing what we get to do.

Thank you for immortalizing with your review the image of our General Manager running your papers to the City Hall. Yes, he is super crazy kind and amazing, and he's been a great GM to us as well! :)

We also delighted to hear that Mark, Emilie and Brad had a part to your special occasion. The stories of how what they did have definitely warmed my heart.

We hope that you and your husband have a enjoy this new wonderful chapter of your lives, and hope to see you both again in Whistler. Perhaps on your anniversary! ;)

Best wishes,