“Great Grand Fondo Weekend”

Summit Lodge Boutique Hotel
Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
West Vancouver, Canada
“Great Grand Fondo Weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

We have just returned from a family weekend to see our son-in-law finish the bike trek from Vancouver to Whistler. There were 10 of us and the staff made arrangements for three 1 bedroom units all beside each other and two of our families had our respective dogs stay with us. A very dog friendly place.
Everything in our room was great. There was a well stocked kitchen with a small fridge, a two element burner and a microwave. The queen beds were very comfortable and the room was immaculate.
I have two suggestions I think would help make the lodge more friendly for disabled guest. The four designated disabled parking spots should have the disabled designation painted on the wall of the parking stall. As a disabled driver, I was disappointed to see that only one car had a Disabled Hanger. I am disabled and reported it to the desk. I don't know if anything was done.
The other suggestion is to put grab bars on the back wall of the bath/shower. Again this is a disabled item I find very helpfull when climbing into a high sided bathtub.
My wife and daughter loved their visit to the Lodge's Spa. We had lunch in the Lodge's restaurant and found it very tasty and reasonably priced
Regardless, of my two suggestions we are looking forward to spending another weekend at the Summit Lodge.

Room Tip: To avoid late night party noise on Main Street, ask for a room on the backside overlooking the park.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Tony M, General Manager at Summit Lodge Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Nsoldgoat,

Happy to hear that your Grand Fondo weekend was a success! Thank you for your feedback and suggestions on the room!
I apologize about the incident regarding your parking spot and understand your frustration. If you choose to stay with us again please contact me directly and I will personally make your booking.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
leicester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

We had a very fast check-in on arrival at Summit Lodge and were able to park the car underground easily - it is great having a lift straight to your room so minimum carrying of luggage. The room was perfect and lovely comfy bed - so convenient for all amenities at Whistler - mountain lift, restaurants, tourist info all within easy walking distance. Unfortunately I was taken ill on our second day and the staff were most helpful in directing me to the walk-in clinic where I was able to obtain medication which fortunately made me better! Whistler is a great place for hiking and biking during the day and has some great restaurants/bars at night. Th pool/spa was a great addition to the enjoyment of our stay - well done for having such a well managed hotel. We must have been lucky but we did not hear anydisturbance during the night either in or outside the hotel - in fact we thought how quiet it was!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Parobbo,

Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure to read!
I'm sorry to hear that you became ill during your stay, but happy to hear that you were looked after.
Once again thank you for your review!
West Vancouver, Bc
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

Watch your bill!
I booked the place through Whistler.com and was quoted $119/night.
I made the mistake of NOT checking my bill when I left and found the hotel charged me account $135.15/night plus HST. I am not happy and will not return.
I booked the hotel because of its good location, but will not return.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OmaWestVancouver_BC
Tony M, General Manager at Summit Lodge Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

I'm sorry to hear about the unexpected charge on your account. Please phone our hotel on 604-932-2778 or send an email with your details to frontdesk@summitlodge.com.
I will look into your account and ensure that the appropriate refund is issued.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

Just great... loved the suites, my husband liked the massage, the kids liked their own TV, and the dog was treated like a prince.

Downside: it's a party town, so when drunken party-goers are chatting outside your bedroom window having a smoke, you just gotta close your window.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Tony M, General Manager at Summit Lodge Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear Caroline,

Thank you for your review. Im glad that every member of your family enjoyed their holiday.
Im sorry to hear that your night's sleep was disturbed. Please know that we have a no party policy in the hotel and do not tolerate excessive noise late at night. Please let us know if you decide to book with us again and we will make sure that you have a pleasant stay.

Thank you for the review!
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed here for two nights during our honeymoon and thoroughly enjoyed the stay. Since returning home we have had an unexpected charge to our credit card. Although we have tried to contact the hotel electronically through their website, the page reported an error. Therefore we have had no means of contacting them regarding our query. Whilst the customer service at the hotel was excellent, I found this to be disappointing. I am hoping somebody from the hotel may see this review and give us a direct email address to contact them on rather than having to go through their website.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tony M, General Manager at Summit Lodge Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Hi Chloe, I'm very sorry to hear that an unexpected charge has appeared on your account. We want to get this sorted as soon as possible. Please send an email to frontdesk@summitlodge.com with the details from your stay and I personally will look into the issue.
Apologies for the confusion and I will await your email,

Tony
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

We always come back to this hotel. It's location is ideal for us - very close to the olympic park stage and groceries - although further away from the ski lifts. Very dog friendly and awesome coffee maker. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Cons: carpet looking a bit aged and wifi fast in mornings but very slow later in the day. Parking best for smaller cars. We'll always come back to this hotel - but please fix carpet.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Keolo,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We are currently in the process of re-decorating so the hotel's appearance is changing! If you choose to stay again and experience any difficulty with the wi-fi please let us know and we will be happy to assist you!
Our parking can become very tight on busy weekends but we are always happy to suggest alternative options for parking!

Thank you for your review!