“Booked 3 weeks ahead got there and had to find other accomidations”

Pinnacle Hotel Whistler
Ranked #10 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Kelowna, Canada
“Booked 3 weeks ahead got there and had to find other accomidations”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

I booked accommodations for 4 people, 2 rooms with 2 queens, 3 weeks before the planned trip. When I hadn't received a confirmation email I called again the week before. They said my name wasn't even in the system and told me they have no rooms for me and try calling back during the day. When I called back the following day and explained the situation they said they were able to book me 2 rooms.

Upon arrival we checked in and walked into our single bed rooms. When I went back down to the front desk they basically told me that's too bad because that's all we have and would not refund my money due to their cancelation policy. After a little back and forth and convincing the clerk to call the manager they did refund my money and we had to stay in some dump down the highway.

One month later I have missed calls and voicemails from this hotel asking why I didn't check it. Turned out it looks like they booked me in for the wrong month. Now I have $1300 worth of charges on my credit card that they have not chose to remove. Now I will be contacting Visa as well as better business due to the fact I now have to pay interest because of their poor business.

I strongly advise anyone traveling to check out whistler as it is a beautiful place just find somewhere else for accomidations.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Scott R
Sonia A, Guest Relations Manager at Pinnacle Hotel Whistler, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Hello Scott R,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Scott it would be great to talk or email with you regarding this situation. Please donot hesitate to contact me at admin@whistlerpinnacle.com

Kind Regards
Sonia Anderson
Hotel Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

No major complaints. The staff was friendly, room was comfortable, and location was good. I agree with the previous reviewer that the room was excessively hot at night which required letting in street noise in order to be cool enough to sleep. We had a room directly across from the (working) elevator which had me worried about noise but this wasn't a major issue. The walk to the lifts was a little further than we would've liked but it was worth it to save on the room. Overall a pleasant stay.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Whistler Pinnac... H, Manager at Pinnacle Hotel Whistler, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for your review and yes we are offering a great value to our guests.

Sonia Anderson
Hotel Guest Services Manager
Burnaby BC
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Lots of minor maintenance issues - smoke detector hanging from the ceiling, broken sliding door lock, questionable elevator. My room was overly hot and there was no simple way to control the heat. Slept with the door cracked open, but that meant more noise.

I am most concerned that they didn't honour Aeroplan. Really felt ripped off on this and will be filing a formal complaint with Federal authorities for deceptive marketing.

I've stayed in many Whistler properties over the years and this was my least favourite. Was booked in here by an employer - would never book a stay here myself.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank gstamford
Sonia A, Guest Relations Manager at Pinnacle Hotel Whistler, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Hi Gstamford,

Thank you for your review we do apologise for any misunderstanding, we have aeroplan avaliable for guest's who book direct with us. Please donot hesitate to email me at admin@whistlerpinnacle.com with your aeroplan details and we will credit your aeroplan account.
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed March 15, 2014

This was our first stay in the Village and the Pinnacle Hotel was a great choice. We spent 2 nights there in February 2014. It was very clean and well stocked with everything that we needed. We called the front desk for extra towels and they were brought up promptly. Unfortunately I was in bed sick for two days so was thankful for the extremely comfortable bed and the cozy bathrobe that was supplied by the hotel. We would definitely return!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Sonia A, Front Office Manager at Pinnacle Hotel Whistler, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Hi Carol K,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel, we are glad you were comfortable and very much look forward to you returning.
Canada
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Stayed at the hotel for two nights for a birthday celebration at Whistler. Rooms were clean, location great and the beds were comfortable! Lots to do in the Village and went on a dessert tour one evening, tried the Ice Room Vodka bar and oyster...very good! Went to the Scandinave Spa for a massage and use of the facilities...wonderful!! Had an excellent weekend with friends.

Room Tip: Stay on the 4th floor of the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank TLTravel
Hi TL Travel,
Thank you for taking time to review the hotel. We are gald you enjoyed the hotel and birthday celebrations in Whistler.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Comfortable, friendly hotel within easy walking distance of Whistler lifts (even in ski boots and carrying skies). Located at the end of Main Street, easy to find from the Sea to Sky highway but close to everything in the village. Good sized double studio at the end of the floor with a wrap around balcony. Very quiet despite staying over Saturday night during reading break. Arrived close to midnight but reception staff were still efficient and informative at check-in. Had an evening flight out of Vancouver the day we checked-out and skied for the day, no problem leaving the car in the parkade until the afternoon and was able to use the showers in the pool change room so we could freshen up after skiing. Only thing preventing me from giving the Pinnacle 5 stars was that the jets in the soaker tub didn't work; the hot tub is outside and not very big. The parkade is very tight, watch out for the pillars if you have a large vehicle.

Room Tip: Get a room at the end of the corridors away from the elevators
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Hi Al500,

Thank you for your review, We are glad you enjoyed our hotel and post checkout service. We look forward to welcoming you again.