“Happy Canada long week-end”

Ranked #11 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Vancouver, Canada
“Happy Canada long week-end”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Very nice location, nice special in June, beautiful weather, what could we ask for more? A bigger swimming pool probably but hey! they're so many things to do in Whistler that swimming wasn't really on the agenda even though it was hot!!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the corner suite with double balconies
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Whistler Pinnac... H, Manager at Pinnacle Hotel Whistler, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear Claire C,

Thank you for your great comments. I'm glad that you were able to take advantage of our June specials and our pool. It was a beautiful long weekend this year, great weather and lot's of fun!

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Pinnacle Hotel Whistler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The location if this hotel is excellent! About 2 minute walk to Whistler village, which is one of the reasons why we booked it. Also there was a promotion on it.
However, there were a couple of negatives to our stay. The check-in time is at 4pm, after a day of hiking we got to the hotel at 3pm. Out rooms weren't ready yet (we were a group of two couples), however we were told that we could park and come back at 4pm and the rooms would be ready. We expected that and were happy that we could park our car. We walked to the near village for a drink. When we came back at 4pm we were told that the rooms were not ready yet and we'd have to wait 5 minutes. After a long day of hiking waiting can get a bit frustrating. Finally we were called up to the counter and I asked the front desk attendant if we could have a later check-out since we had to wait to check in. She looked at the clock and with a condescending tone said 'Well it's just 18 minutes'. Yes, 18 minutes may not be a lot, but it's still time that we were paying for. I really did not appreciate her tone or her attitude. Check-in at the hotel is at 4pm and check-out is at 10am, that should be plenty of time to prepare a room. Throughout the whole interaction her tone was rude and it made us feel like it was our fault that the hotel was busy. After we got our room keys we were waiting for the elevator and the same desk attendant said, "Oh, by the way we upgraded you to delux rooms so...". I'm really not sure what that was supposed to achieve as it was said in a very condescending tone and it wasn't something that we asked for as compensation. I have to say that her tone did not make us very happy clients. Overall, the front desk staff can use an improvement in attitude.

The rooms are big, however, they can really use some upgrading. The furniture and fixtures are dated and my boyfriend thinks that there was black mold in the bathroom behind the baseboard.

I have to say that if it wasn't for the great location or the jacuzzi our experience would have been worse. We were happy to leave the next morning and next time we'll choose somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear AnnaSerg77,

Thank you for your comments.

I'm so sorry to hear of your encounter at our front desk and that our service level was not acceptable. I will make sure to follow up with our staff to look into the situation.

I would love to make it up to you in some way. I will include my direct contact information below. Please feel free to contact me directly so i can personally take care of your return stay.

Thank you again.

Granite Bay, CA
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We were pleased with our stay at this hotel. The room was small, but was very comfortable and efficient. We were pleased with the kitchenette and all the amenities. The location is perfect - within walking distance of everything we wanted to see. The hotel staff was very helpful. I would stay there again - especially for the price in this resort area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kathy S,

Thank you for your great comments! I'm thrilled to hear that all aspects of our hotel were to your liking. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Pros: Great location, Good price, nice staff, V comfy bed, free parking
Cons: none really.

We arrived for one night in Whistler and I stayed in the one bed studio. It was bad weather and the quietest Monday on record in Whistler which was a shame!

Lovely Irish Paula on the front desk was in great form and so helpful. A real gem for two tired travelers. The location is an easy walk from downtown, literally a few metres.
Parking was free and secure and we were allowed to leave the car after we checked out for a few hours which was great.

The bed was very comfy and having a gas log fire was nice. If you need them there are ample cooking facilities and a fridge.

I would stay here again, we got a great rate and the room was nice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear RichardH1976,

Thank you for your great comments! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay but i'm sorry about the weather.

Try and come back again soon, we have extended our "All-In" promotion through July and August (Sun through Thurs nights) and the weather will be much more pleasant. Make sure to call us direct to book this promotion.

Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Its always been a great time staying in pinnacle. Friendly staff, clean room, full equip kitchen that help to prepare some meal from grandson.He also loved to use the Jacuzzi in the evening after walked around the shops. Definitely coming back again in the future with other friends. Please inform me if pinnacle has a special rate offer :) in future

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lanny K,

Thank you for your great comments!

We have some great packages that work out to a 10% savings on room rate, 1/2 price parking and discounted "other" item depending on the package. We have also extended our All In promotion that includes room, taxes and parking for one flat rate, through July and August, Sun through Thurs nights.

Can you please send me your details including the dates of your last stay so I can ensure we have your email address on file. We will make sure you receive our specials. Don't worry, we don't email more than once a month maximum.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I went with my husbands family to the Pinnacle in Whistler, BC for a family vacation. The hotel was off the main street only by a block. The rooms are large and quaint. The fireplace would be nice to use during ski season, but we went in June. There are jacuzzis in each room which is a bit strange since they are next to the bed and not in the bathroom, but for some that would be a fun experience. The only downside of this hotel is the size of the bathrooms. They are quite small compared to all the rest of the space.

The front desk staff was the nicest group of people I have ever had help. We asked them were we would watch a hockey game and what was the best place to eat, and other touristy questions are they were more than willing to help and give advice. They even put a customer on the phone on hold to help us with directions.

When we go back to Whistler we will definitely stay at the Pinnacle again.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Lyndz1019,

Thank you for your great comments!

I'm so glad to hear the staff took great care of you. You'll be happy to note that we have scheduled bathroom renovations for this fall. Around the month of October. I would love to have you come back and check us out after they are completed or sooner.

Please feel free to contact me directly to arrange your next stay so I can be sure you get the best possible rate.

UK
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Good location and decent sized rooms but we had some issues.:
The shower was dirty - hair & soap scum in the bottom - which made the double jacuzzi bath seem less appealing....
We checked in in mid June and whilst we thought the room was warm we assumed that was just the effect of daytime summer sun - nope when we got back from dinner it was even hotter and it turned out the fireplace was on; low enough so you couldn't see it but high enough to make the room so hot we had to sleep with the balcony door open! I had to phone down to reception to find put how to turn the stove off which required me to dismantle & remove the front grill and identify the right tap!
There was a chipped glass in the cupboard that we didn't notice till it was in use.
Finally the hotel PC was down so we couldn't print our boarding passes for our on-line check in, the guy at the desk did his best to be helpful but his alternate location was closed and the tablet PC wouldn't let me email them to him for printing. Not a major issue but just annoying
Most bothersome though was the disinterest on check-out - having watched the person in front checkout - (having had an "awesome" stay) and being offered the opportunity to phone for cheaper rates in future, given a card to remind them provide a trip advisor review and generally feted it was our turn. I reported the soap scum / shower issue and it was duly noted but the attitude then was just to get us out as quick as possible, no apology, no "please call for better rates" just here's your invoice, thanks, bye.....
So a reasonable hotel but obviously on summer wind-down......

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear wolvoUk,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm so sorry to read about the issues you encountered during your stay. Very disappointing. Our staff try as best we can but obviously we failed in a few places.

I would love to try and make it up to you on a future stay if you are willing to give us another try? Please feel free to contact me back directly so that I can assist in some way.

I apologized again on behalf of all of our team...