“Great location”

Pinnacle Hotel Whistler
Ranked #10 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Selected this hotel as bus terminus was just round the corner, important as we were using public transport to and from Vancouver. Also close to main street and the large supermarket.
On arrival we were upgraded to a deluxe studio with full kitchen and hot tub. Staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms spotlessly clean. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors have mountain views.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,489)

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We spent 2 nights at this hotel in a suite. The hotel had most things we needed other than a restuarant for breakfast (but with many cafes very close by so this was not a hardship). The room was a good size with plenty of room to relax (and a jaccuzi too) not that we spent much time there. It had a kitchenette had we needed it, a good sized bathroom and a balcony with a great view over to Blackcomb Mountain (it would have been nice to have had a couple of chairs on the balcony..). The bed was very comfortable and there was little noise from outside although occasionally the room walls seemed a little thin. We only met reception staff who were very helpful. There is a pool (cool though), outside jacuzzi and small fitness room and a large underground car park too.

The hotel is only a short walk from the Village Stroll and the main attractions including the gondola bases at Mountain Square (at most a 5 - 10 minute walk from the hotel).

Finally, if you drive make sure you head for reception first - you will need the room key to access the car park beneath the hotel. Your satnav may not send you there immediately.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

When we booked into our room we were pleasantly surprised. it had a kitchenette with everything that one needed. a jaccuzi, and a seperate bathroom with a shower. A very comfortable bed, a lovely gas fire in the grate if you needed it in wintertime. and a balcony. The toiletries provided were a good quality. The room was clean and towels and dressing gowns were good quality too.
All the staff were pleasant and helpful. The hotel is central to the town of Whistler
It was just like home from home and I would stay there at any time if I was ever in the area again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank delighted05
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My wife and I wanted to see Whistler because, even though we live in the lower mainland, it was a number of years since our last visit. We were allowed to come and park our car early and luckily our room was ready. We were given an upgrade which certainly embellished our stay.
The room was clean, functional and met our requirements easily. The location was perfect as we were only seconds away from the village. The staff were courteous and explained where to go to get the Peak to Peak chair and other locations we wanted to visit. Our next stay in Whistler will be a return visit to this hotel

Reviewed September 18, 2012

This was a meeting for husbands. Wives and family spent the days together. Evenings were dinner out with groups. Great location to everything, plenty of sight seeing, trails, beautiful country. Never needed a car but had to pay to park it the whole time we were there. Many different room sizes and shapes. Bath rooms are very small, but you have a very large jacuzze next to your bed, but felt guilty filling it up.

Room Tip: Rooms very warm. Have a/c but slept with window open all night. You may want to look at different...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My boyfriend and I booked a trip to Whister to enjoy the activities there, such as ziplining and bungee jumping. I chose Whistler Pinnacle after reading reviews on Trip Advisor, and used booking.com to reserve the hotel. I was concerned that there would be an issue with the stay since neither my boyfriend or I were over the age of 25, and the information on booking.com indicated that we would have to be over 25 to check-in. I called the hotel to confirm that there would not be an issue checking in and the staff member who I spoke with eased my concerns. I booked the hotel well in advance of our trip (3 months) and there were no issue checking in, with the original note from the staff member on my reservation. The rooms were very clean and we thoroughly enjoyed having a balcony & jaccuzzi tub. This place was in a great location with plenty of restaurants nearby and only a 5 minute walk to the heart of the village. The one issue we had was with parking under the hotel. We drive a larger vehicle and the underground parking was very tight. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The hotel is very well located, within easy walking distance of many excellent restauralnts, including Quattro, which is on site. A 5 minute walk to the main village, the center of activity in Whistler. Staff are excellent, very helpful. The hotel is one of the older ones, but very well looked after. The room is comfortable, bed is great. I found the bathroom really small, too cramped for 1 person, let alone 2. I had trouble with my key card, it kept de-magnetizing and had to be reset several times during our 2 night stay. Also had trouble with the TV, couldn't get the remote to work. I'd still recommend this hotel, very nice!

Room Tip: Odd-numbered rooms overlook Blackcomb Mountain, even-numbered look out at the street.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family