All reviews queen loft wood burning fireplace whistler village excellent location underground parking central location short stroll living area booked this hotel restaurants and bars definitely stay here again small balcony the sofa bed full kitchen coffee maker grocery store kitchenette
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We arrived to hotel and were slapped in the face with $20/night parking charge which we were not aware of at all. No one asked if we needed help for luggage. Front desk people were rude. Got up to our room, didnt look bad. Half a day in we noticed the garbage wasnt taken out from previous guests which led me to believe nothing else was up to par. We really liked where the hotel was located but overall it was just a rip off. 20$ a night for parking, no wifi and the lack of cleanliness wasnt worth what we paid. Could have definitely found something better for the price we paid.

Date of stay: August 2013
Robert H, General Manager at Executive Inn At Whistler Village, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Sorry to hear that you were not previously made aware of the cost of parking - unfortunately, parking in Whistler is at a premium and we must rent parking facilities in order to provide it to our guests.

Disappointed to hear that there were concerns over cleanliness and service - areas that we take great pride in, but seem to have missed the mark in this instance.

Thanks again for writing,

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed quite long ago nov-dec 2012, at that time I decided not to make a bigger deal, but now I will.

When we called to make the reservation the guy took my credit card, upon arrival I was told my credit card did not go thru because I reversed the charge or disputed it with my bank....first mistake, I was accused of this to find out later that th credit card used for my reservation was not the one I had given (and I only have one!)
After having dinner and a few drinks, we came to our room to find out the comforter had 3 blood looking-like stains, I immediately called down to ask for a new one, the overnight manager was not the friendliest person I have ever dealt with (not rude either) but he did not gave any acceptable options, he told me to use the spare one, but there was none! And since they were sold out he could not room moved us (and also had no extra comforters)
And finally at check out, the "challenging" clerk and who looked to be the desk manager, replied with a short "it's weird because housekeeping verified the room prior to my arrival"!?!?!?!?! And...???? What does that means? I'm lying? Despite showing the stains that were clearly deep into the textiles. Ahhhh but I was given free parking.
We did not have time to complain at that moment as we were late for our activities, but definitely the last thing I want to hear after finding what are human mistakes are excuses or to have my word been questioned!

Cristobal Ruelas

Date of stay: December 2012

Terribly sorry to read of the challenges that you experienced with the cleanliness of your room.

While I could try to rationalize what might have taken place, it really doesn't make a difference at this point. Bottom line - service an reaction to what you experienced should have been entirely different, as you stated.

My apologies. This was unacceptable.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have loved the location of the hotel in the village.
And the value was always good.
This time we had quite a bit of luggage and the location of the room was deplorable.
It was hard to find and could not be accessed by elevator.
The front desk should have offered us help automatically.
Instead the biggy was to double charge us for a large deposit which they could not tell us of when we would be able to get it back.
I got food poisioned while travelling and got violently sick suddenly and the front desk clerk Nadine was kind enough to do a follow up and offer to take me to the mendial clinic in her car.
She needs to be commended on all accounts. This is an outstandling and remarkable show of hospitality by an employee. Well Done Nadine!!

Room tip: Do not stay in the floor without an elevator. Very strange and hard to get to with luggage. Front desk attendant should have offered help with luggage automatically.
Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank James D

So glad to hear that you enjoyed your room, in spite of challenges with its location.

Also, sorry to hear that you found yourself to be ill while you were with us, and yes, I will be happy to thank Nadine for having made the extra effort to assist you.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed one night for the Canada Day long weekend. The room was beyond our expectations, very clean and nice! The kitchen was a bonus especially if you are staying a couple nights, if you feel like cooking! The bed was the best part, so comfortable and soft we did not want to leave it! One problem is that Whistler is becoming a party city, with many stagettes and stags. Someone knocked at our door at 3am!!! I was barely awake when my Husband went to see who it was. He thought it might be an emergency. It wasn't, it was a dude drunk. My Husband was pissed. Besides that it was a great stay. I dunno if we would stay over night on the weekend.

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Glad to hear that you found our facilities to be comfortable and generally enjoyed your stay, with the exception of having been woken at 3am by an unruly guest.

I do hope we'll see you again.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed in a deluxe room with full kitchen which was perfect for us. This was the second time we've stayed here and we stayed in the exact same room both times. We loved being right in the village and also being able to step out onto our patio and people watch along the village stroll.

Date of stay: June 2013
1  Thank Skitleboi

Thank you so much for your great comments.

So glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.