“Misleading information”

Ranked #31 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Misleading information”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Hotel states there is a spa (hot tub) and fitness center. However, those facilities are not within the hotel....they are at a sister hotel in the village....and with no changing rooms within the spa or fitness center. You are granted privileges to use the facilities but that means you have to walk back across the village in wet bathing suits. Executive said we could use their complimentary bathrobes.....we did not want to walk outside across the village in wet bathing suits and just bathrobes in freezing weather.....would not book this hotel again. Great location to ski lifts, though.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ckp18f

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Korean first
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Great location. Little tricky to find. Small hotel, with not too many frills. Which is fine. But the rooms themselves are nice, and fairly clean. The first night we stayed in a smaller room because of a mix up on our part apparently. We were 2 adults and one 13 year old. So one had to sleep on floor, as the hotel didn't have extra cots, or any other options for that matter. Asked for 2 extra comforters and they brought up 2 of those foam blankets. Anyways, day 2 we moved to a loft, with pull out. Very nice as well, and both had balconies.

We had a great stay, the main complaint was the Heater. I travel for a living and stay in hotels a lot. this heater/AC unit was ridiculous. It was so loud it was hard to sleep, and would turn off for about 30 seconds and go on for about 1min. This problem was in both rooms we stayed in! I had earplugs, and it still kept me up, the other 2 didn't. So on the 3rd night we just decided to have it off all night, and be cold!

I was excited to hang out in the hot tub, but they use the sister companies site for pool and hot tub. So basically you need to walk over and back in your bathing suit. First room had housecoats and second didn't. So I'm sure you can ask. We didn't go because my nephew went to check it out and he said it was just unlocked and looked open to the public. we didn't bother. I went to the scandinavian spa one day and would highly recommend that. Some shops have a 10% off coupon for the spa(pools only), and you can get a RMT if you are insured!

Room Tip: If I stayed here again, I would try to get a room with hot tub on deck if not too much of a price di...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Langley, BC, Canada
Reviewed January 12, 2013

The reason I am writing this review is because only months ago, I stayed at the Crystal Lodge which is right across the way from the executive. I thought the difference between the two warranted a review.

The reason we chose this hotel was because all the room are suites. It was more expensive than the Crystal and other such comparable hotels, but figured that we would save money on the kitchenette because we could make our own food as opposed to going out for dinner every night.

Upon arrival, I had difficulty finding my way into the hotel as the entrance is a tiny door, shared with another hotel's entrance, and when I did find my way in, the lobby was smaller than any other I'd ever seen. The staff was very friendly and helpful while checking in. We had a loft on the 3rd floor of the Executive. First impression: unreal looking room with two stories (the bed and a dresser were upstairs), and a balcony that looked right into the heart of the village, very close to the gondolas. After about 10 minutes, our attitude changed quite quickly. The balcony was never shovelled, so shoes had to be put on each time we wanted to go out there. The bathroom door didnt open all the way because the toilet was in the way, bathroom was barely big enough for one person. I like to watch tv while I go to sleep but there was no tv upstairs where the bed was, so I wound up having to sit downstairs watching tv while my girlfriend was upstairs sleeping, then get up all tired and climb upstairs to bed. I couldn't find an ice bucket so I called downstairs to ask where it was. Staff said oh look in the freezer of your mini fridge, there should be 2 ice cube trays, we don't have an ice machine. I found the ice cube trays, they were about 4 inches long and made the world's tiniest cubes. So after one drink for each of us, we were out of ice until our mini fridge could freeze more for us, which was annoying beyond description over and over again during the trip.

Wireless cost money at this hotel. it was $5 an hour or $6 a day. So any computer or iphone fun was now gone too.

We decided to head to the pool, and were told upon coming down to the lobby in our robes that the hotel uses the pool of the executive mountainside lodge across the street. So in -10 degree C weather, we ran across a snow covered street in nothing but bathing suits and robes, with people in cars staring at us all the while. The run back when were were all wet was real fun too.

The bottom line:This hotel has a great location and a friendly staff. However, on the negative side, it is expensive, small, has no free wireless, doesn't have its own pool, has no ice machine, and is hard to find. After having stayed at the Crystal across the street where the rooms are cheaper and have a better layout, the wireless is free, the ice cubes are endless, and the pool is attached to the actual hotel, I can't see why anyone would pay more to stay at the exacutive

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank suburbanchampion

Travelers are raving about these Whistler hotels

Cartagena, Colombia
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We were in the Mountainside, and location was excellent. Just walking distance to the lifts, gondolas, grocery store, cinemas, and restaurants. All services worked perfectly. The basic essentials were there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ditorresm
Vancouver
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Four nights over Xmas at the awkwardly titled Executive's - The Inn at Whistler Village (there's more - the hotel actually has two Whistler locations - VillageSide, where I stayed, and MountainSide - the two sites are across a cul-de-sac from each other). But the name was the only hard part to swallow. Overall, I was pleased with the hotel's offerings, particularly its emphasis on patron feedback.
High points:
- Good internet rate that was available over Christmas.
- Great location in the heart of Whistler Village.
- Clean, attractive hotel with what looked like recently reno-ed public areas and rooms.
- Room (#310) was tiny (good for 1 or 2) but well appointed with a mini-kitchen, loft bedroom with good bedding and quiet at night (faced away from the village stroll).
- Outdoor pool and whirlpool available (in the MountainSide building). Nothing like relaxing in warm water surrounded by snow!
Things that need addressing:
- Door to my tiny balcony wouldn't close at all, and the door knob was broken. It was the first thing I noticed - when I entered the room the exterior door was open with the safety chain on. "How innovative," I thought, "the Executive Inn provides a sample of Whistler's fresh winter air to guests." On closer inspection, the chain-latch wasn't innovative, it was necessary.... I didn't mind it too much, because I hate stuffy rooms, but from a safety and comfort perspective, I can see how other guests wouldn't be amused. Thankfully, the snow-covered roof and menacing icicles providing a natural burglary-defense system....
- Bathroom shower had mould growing along the inside shower frame. It could be overlooked because it was on chrome and not the white tile - but I noticed it, and it was the only unclean aspect of an otherwise spotless bathroom with a large walk-in shower.
- Internet access: not free - had to pay a third-party provider if you wanted access. With all of the competition among Canadian Telcos surely free WiFi isn't out of the question? Lesser hotel chains offer it.
- Heater was more of a "warmer" than a "heater" - it took the chill off the room, but it had its work cut out for it with the wayward door....
Bonus points: very good customer service channels.
- The evening I checked in the front desk called to ask if I had settled in okay, and did I need anything? (I mentioned the freedom-seeking deck door).
- When I got home, I had an auto-email from the manager, thanking me for my business. It included a link to a customer satisfaction survey (I mentioned the above points) and also a link TripAdvisor to post a review! Other hotels may do this too, but it was the first time I've encountered it, and I was thoroughly impressed. I'd recommend this location and this room (once they fix the door).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed December 25, 2012

About a 2 minute walk to the Whister base gondola, my 13 year daughter can just walk by herself to get to her Ride Tribe lessons and no need to have dad walk her there. The ski rack and storage on P1 is a excellent convenience, no need to take up those wet skis and boots to your room anymore.

We had dinner at Umbertos, a great restaurant, what a convenience that is connected to the lobby. Service was great, they let us check in early around 3pm and gave us extended free parking to 4pm on check out day, my daugher's lessons finished around 3-4pm. Normally, parking is to 1pm on checkout day. We had free apple cider everyday, a nice benefit.

Room Tip: The hot tub and pool is not on the same property as the Executive Inn, it is located on the Mountain...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed December 19, 2012

The only bad thing to say about our stay in Whistler was the lack of snow !
Great boutique hotel. We were booked for a standard room, but upon check in asked "Dana" at the desk if there were any upgrades available, perhaps a room with a jet tub or....we were upgraded for $25 a night to a room with an 8 person hot tub outside on the deck! A queen bed loft suite with kitchen & log burning fireplace ! Only thing missing was an oven. No need to walk across to sister hotel for pool or hot tub ! Excellant location on the Whistler stroll almost directly across from LuLu lemon ! Service was great , underground parking, lovely decor & cozy robes! Would love to spend ore time !! Special thanks to Dana Vulpe at the front desk !

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple