All reviews queen loft wood burning fireplace whistler village split level excellent location underground parking small hotel living area short stroll central location your doorstep small balcony definitely stay here again coffee maker full kitchen sofa bed grocery store
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We were in the Mountainside, and location was excellent. Just walking distance to the lifts, gondolas, grocery store, cinemas, and restaurants. All services worked perfectly. The basic essentials were there.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ditorresm
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Four nights over Xmas at the awkwardly titled Executive's - The Inn at Whistler Village (there's more - the hotel actually has two Whistler locations - VillageSide, where I stayed, and MountainSide - the two sites are across a cul-de-sac from each other). But the name was the only hard part to swallow. Overall, I was pleased with the hotel's offerings, particularly its emphasis on patron feedback.
High points:
- Good internet rate that was available over Christmas.
- Great location in the heart of Whistler Village.
- Clean, attractive hotel with what looked like recently reno-ed public areas and rooms.
- Room (#310) was tiny (good for 1 or 2) but well appointed with a mini-kitchen, loft bedroom with good bedding and quiet at night (faced away from the village stroll).
- Outdoor pool and whirlpool available (in the MountainSide building). Nothing like relaxing in warm water surrounded by snow!
Things that need addressing:
- Door to my tiny balcony wouldn't close at all, and the door knob was broken. It was the first thing I noticed - when I entered the room the exterior door was open with the safety chain on. "How innovative," I thought, "the Executive Inn provides a sample of Whistler's fresh winter air to guests." On closer inspection, the chain-latch wasn't innovative, it was necessary.... I didn't mind it too much, because I hate stuffy rooms, but from a safety and comfort perspective, I can see how other guests wouldn't be amused. Thankfully, the snow-covered roof and menacing icicles providing a natural burglary-defense system....
- Bathroom shower had mould growing along the inside shower frame. It could be overlooked because it was on chrome and not the white tile - but I noticed it, and it was the only unclean aspect of an otherwise spotless bathroom with a large walk-in shower.
- Internet access: not free - had to pay a third-party provider if you wanted access. With all of the competition among Canadian Telcos surely free WiFi isn't out of the question? Lesser hotel chains offer it.
- Heater was more of a "warmer" than a "heater" - it took the chill off the room, but it had its work cut out for it with the wayward door....
Bonus points: very good customer service channels.
- The evening I checked in the front desk called to ask if I had settled in okay, and did I need anything? (I mentioned the freedom-seeking deck door).
- When I got home, I had an auto-email from the manager, thanking me for my business. It included a link to a customer satisfaction survey (I mentioned the above points) and also a link TripAdvisor to post a review! Other hotels may do this too, but it was the first time I've encountered it, and I was thoroughly impressed. I'd recommend this location and this room (once they fix the door).

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 25, 2012

About a 2 minute walk to the Whister base gondola, my 13 year daughter can just walk by herself to get to her Ride Tribe lessons and no need to have dad walk her there. The ski rack and storage on P1 is a excellent convenience, no need to take up those wet skis and boots to your room anymore.

We had dinner at Umbertos, a great restaurant, what a convenience that is connected to the lobby. Service was great, they let us check in early around 3pm and gave us extended free parking to 4pm on check out day, my daugher's lessons finished around 3-4pm. Normally, parking is to 1pm on checkout day. We had free apple cider everyday, a nice benefit.

Room Tip: The hot tub and pool is not on the same property as the Executive Inn, it is located on the Mountainside location which can be less appealing to go there if there is heavy snow outside. This property is located in the heart of Whistler Village and it can get loud late in the evenings as it is close to some pubs but unfortunately this is the case with many premier properties in this location.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2012

The only bad thing to say about our stay in Whistler was the lack of snow !
Great boutique hotel. We were booked for a standard room, but upon check in asked "Dana" at the desk if there were any upgrades available, perhaps a room with a jet tub or....we were upgraded for $25 a night to a room with an 8 person hot tub outside on the deck! A queen bed loft suite with kitchen & log burning fireplace ! Only thing missing was an oven. No need to walk across to sister hotel for pool or hot tub ! Excellant location on the Whistler stroll almost directly across from LuLu lemon ! Service was great , underground parking, lovely decor & cozy robes! Would love to spend ore time !! Special thanks to Dana Vulpe at the front desk !

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Stay away from any of the rooms ending in 24. They are right beside the elevator and unbelievably small by north american standards. There is one queen bed with barely any room to walk around it, the shower is basically on top of the toilet so when you run the water it sprays the entire bathroom floor and the "kitchenette" is in fact a bar fridge. I was particularly upset about the kitchenette issue since it was specifically stated on the room description that we would have one. I do not consider a bar fridge equal to a kitchenette. We did discuss this with the staff, who were very nice and apologetic, and they obliged our request to waive the parking fee. Would not stay here again though, the rooms are just too small.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms 124, 224, 324, 424. They are tiny.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank crawford123
Robert H, General Manager at Executive Inn At Whistler Village, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments from your recent stay.

I would like to apologize for your stay not being what you expected it to be, however, when you booked your reservation on Hotwire, you booked the rate category for run of the house which means you have whatever room is available. When we recevied your reservation the only room that was available was a euro room.

Unfortunately due to the constraints of their website, not all the room discriptions will show up when this rate category is picked, just the generic one. When you checked in we should have made sure that you were aware of the room type that you had, for this error I apologize.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention and we will be talking to Hotwire to prevent this from happening again.

Sincerely Yours,