“Outstanding Room and Service”

Executive Inn At Whistler Village
Ranked #26 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Just spent Thanksgiving weekend at this hotel. Booked the Presidential suite plus the adjoing loft suite 201. Presidential suite was beautiful, top of the line furnishings. King bed in the loft was very comfortable, my husband loved the pillows. Having adjoining room 201 was great as there is a balcony and hot tub that overlooks the village. We had six teenagers with us and they loved it and don't want to stay any where else from now on. My diamond earings which were wrapped in a kleenex were accidently thrown in the garbage and we didn't discover this until we returned home. I phoned the hotel and one of their employees climbed through the dumpster for an hour and found them. Wow - you guys rock!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank KathyFK

Reviewed September 24, 2012

If you are looking to stay in the heart of Whistler Village, and don't want to spend a lot of money, this place is honestly a great value! I have stayed in most of the hotels in Whistler, and would stay at the Executive again in a heartbeat. I read a few other reviews online, and was unsure about staying here, but took the chance, as was glad I did.

It is very easy to find, although I read that it is not. It is in the center of the village, great location, close to everything. Our balcony looked right over the village stroll, very close to the Crystal Lounge and Lululemon. The room was lovely and looked just like the pictures (although I read online that they don't like anything like they do on the website), I later found out that since the hotel has 2 locations, the location I stayed in in the village was recently renovated due to the olympics, and the other location is a bit older. I would recommend staying in the Village side location as it is more central and is newer and nicer. Ask for a room with a balcony :) We only paid $89 for our room, and the staff was lovely and very helpful :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I started here with my boyfriend during President's week. We were sooooo happy with our stay at Executive Inn. The room was perfect, for just the two of us. Excellent location to the lifts and close to everything in the village. The staff were excellent and very helpful. I will definitely stay here again when I return to Whistler!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I bought a Living Social Deal for the Executive Inn at Whistler Village...2 nights for $185. in a loft Village view suite with Kitcenette...Pet friendly which is what I was looking for...The hotel was difficult to find but upon arrival we were greeted with very friendly and happy reception staff. I especially enjoyed chatting with Rosetta who was sweet to my little 8lb dog...everyone there was top notch...finding our room was also tricky. On the third floor...getting off the elevator you then have to go up a staircase to get to certain suites on that floor..we had one of two pet friendly lofts and after opening the door I was not impressed with the room...very tiny and too much stuffed into such a small space...I thought we would have a village view of the stroll but we looked over the back of the hotel where all the trucks came and parked for deliveries.. Smelly and noisy... The loft suite looked tired and needed some care and updating. The carpet old and taped with Duct tape. However, the bathroom was nice and the bed very very comfortable...the kitchen was well equipped and we were able to make our meals easily on the burners...there was a deck but nothing to sit on and the paint was peeling badly on the railings...after we settled in and adjusted to our first impression of the room, we accepted our surroundings and had a nice time at Whistler...didn't spend too much time in the room though..we kept bumping into to each other...good thing we had a tiny dog...
Another thing I was happy about was they let us book our LIving Social deal after the cut off date for reserving.. Our deal was for Monday to Thursday. We ended up upgrading to a weekend for $50 and another $25 a day for our dog, made it not such a great deal...but the staff was really great...
However, I do not believe I would stay there again....until some updating was done..

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Bought two nights at the Exeuctive Inn.. They told us that we were in the Mountainside Lodge. Of course, not knowing the town, this meant nothing to us. They should have told us that we were in a completely different hotel. I think that the Executive Inn owned or rented out all the rooms on the floor of another hotel. Once you checked in, it should have been fine, but our keyless entry magnetic strip car would NOT hold its ability to open the door. At one point I had two babies under 3 with me alone. I had to haul them back downstairs and down the street TWICE!!! I thought I was going to lose it. They were very apologetic and told me they would send someone the next day to look at the lock on the door. The maintenance man that they sent was completely useless. Of course his key worked.. all he would tell me was "slow.. slow... slow" It was so irritating. Does he think I didn't try every method possible rather than walking a block down the street TWICE with two babies! The room was very comfortable and the kitchen was complete with a dishwasher as well. Comfy bed.. once we got into the suite! Also, like the fact that we were in the centre of the Village. It put a damper on the holiday never knowing for sure whether we were going to get back into our suite.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Linens were clean and the bed was comfortable. We enjoyed people-watching from the small balcony. Room was small but adequate and well-supplied for making some meals. We found it difficult to locate the hotel and the front desk. Also difficult to find the parking. Everything is quite tightly packed into the Village so other hotels will likely be the same with regard to location and parking. Not a fancy hotel but we felt it was a pretty good value.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank CCB16
Reviewed August 17, 2012

After reading a lot of negative reviews lately, I had low expectations going in, but was pleasantly proved wrong! I stayed at The Exective for two nights in August 2012 with a friend.

Great location, steps out onto Village Stroll.

Check in was quick and easy; check in is not until 4 pm but we were able to get in a 3 pm without a problem.

The room (village side loft) was cute, cozy and clean. Perfect for two people. I would not stay here with three, it would be too small and squishy, even though the couch is a pullout bed. Despite out deck facing Village Stroll, we never had issues at night with noise.

The kitchenette suited our needs well (microwave, coffee maker, kettle, mini fridge, stove, dishes etc). As mentioned in previous reviews, no oven. There is no proper eating area so be prepared to eat on the deck (lovely!) or on the couch. We did breakfast and snacks in and ate out the rest of the time, so this was not a problem for us. If you are staying several nights and plan on doing most of your meals in, this is not the hotel for you. I would recommend the Delta, which has great kitchens and eating areas for longer stays.

The bathroom was on the small side and awkward, as the door bumped into the toilet as you openned it, so you had to get around it.

I gave this hotel a three star instead of a four because the pool (which you have to access by crossing the road) was closed due to "maintenance issues" when we were there. We were still able to lounge and relax, but when it is so sunny and hot, not having access to a pool to cool off on was a disappointment.

I got a great deal staying here and would have no problems coming back in the future for a short stay.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends