“Great base for skiing”

Ranked #8 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Great base for skiing”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed here. The location is superb with everything on the doorstep and ski lifts within 100m. The pool and hot tub area could be better and feels like a bit of an afterthought and the times I went the hot tub was full - perhaps another is needed? As eating out is getting so expensive in whistler it would be nice to have a kitchenette/microwave but I guess the more expensive rooms possibly do. Would recommend a room away from Main Street - a few late revellers woke me up on a number of occasions, not what you want when you are already suffering jet lag. Would recommend as a good value base in probably the best ski resort in the world.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ILowe, General Manager at Crystal Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Martin, thank you very much for your review and feedback. Our Traditional rooms are our only room type that do not offer any cooking facilities as all our other rooms offer at least a sink, microwave, fridge, crockery/ cutlery and kettle/ coffee maker. We also offer a selection of room types with fully equiped kitchens that would allow you to cook all meals in your suite should you be so inclined.
Thank-you,
Ian Lowe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is my family's second trip to Whistler and though the weather was a little different with no snow in the village, it was still a fun and wonderful vacation...there are numerous activities to do and the mountaintop is full of snow. Ths accommodations were great as was our first experience. The staff in the villlage are courteous and helpful, always making you feel that they appreciate your visiting Whistler. My family is already planning our third trip to Whistler...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Whistler Blackcomb.com

ILowe, General Manager at Crystal Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you very much for your recent review of the Crystal Lodge. Traveling to Whistler in late winter or early spring can be quite an dynamic experience as the valley trail is busy with walkers and bikers however the mountain still has incredible snow conditions and can be epic powder followed by short-sleeve Spring Ski conditions on back-to-back days. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Just got back from a 2 week stay at Crystal Lodge - what a great place to stay! My friend and I chose the Queen Suite as it gave us the flexibility of space that we wanted, at a price we were looking for. The full kitchen, balcony overlooking the main village stroll and room service provided by Ric's Grill, meant it was easy to spend the evening in our room, but when we wanted to eat out it was a 2 minute walk to any restaurant! Also with a murphy bed and sofa bed, once we had folded away the beds away, we had so much space in the room. The service and friendliness of the staff was exemplary - we shall definitely be returning....hopefully soon!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JQ_Active
Thank you very much for your 5 star review of the Crystal Lodge. We are so pleased to read that the Junior Queen Studio Suite provided you just the room type necessary for your trip. I personally refer this same room type to all my friends visiting the resort. I will ensure to pass your kind words about our staff to the team.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 30, 2013

The best bits are the central location and very pleasant staff. The first hotel room we were given was small and pokey and literally had a view of a wall but they moved us to a better one which was fine. We were at the back of the building and it was nice and quiet, considering we were in the middle of Whistler, but there was no balcony and the bathroom needed a bit of updating. Overall it was good but not great.

Room Tip: Our room at the back was peaceful.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lozza01
Lozza, although we are always striving to exceed the expectations of all our guests we also appreciate the constructive feedback. Judging from your comments I would strongly recommend looking into a deluxe room when returning to the hotel as they offer additional patio options and also are a more contemporary design with larger bathrooms. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed at the Crystal on my recent trip to Whistler and could not have picked better accommodation if I had tried. Everything was so easy from check in until check out. Checking in was a breeze and I was greeted like an old friend returning home. I unfortunately had to leave at 3am to catch my next flight from vancouver but they made check out so easy. I was able to get everything organised the night before and store my luggage down at reception so I didn't have to deal with my oversized ski bag early in the morning.
The room was a great size. It was just me staying there but there was more than enough room to move around and still have space to store my ski bag.
The staff are exceptionally friendly and really helpful. I mistakenly booked two few days on my lift pass so late one afternoon I called down to reception to ask them to book my last two days for me so I wouldn't miss a moment on the snow in the morning. Within an hour I had the confirmation sheet slipped under my door and a personalised note to go with it.
The facilities of the hotel were in fantastic condition and never overcrowded. I never had trouble getting onto a machine at the gym on the ground floor and the sauna on the second floor was a nice surprise being just down the hall.
The cherry on top of my vacation though was the location. You could not ask for a better position. Right in the heart of the village and about 100 metres to the mountain. No walking around, no waiting for a bus, everything was right there. Yet also very quiet considering its location.
I would recommend this hotel to anybody looking for a wonderful stay in Whistler. You will not miss out on a single thing being right in the middle of the action. I will definitely be staying at the crystal next time I visit Whistler. I honestly could not think of anywhere better.

Room Tip: By explaining your plans while in town to the reservation staff they will make sure you are in the b...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
'Alwaysatraveller', thank you very much for your glowing review of the Crystal Lodge following your recent trip to Whistler. I am so pleased that our team made you feel so comfortable especially given that you were traveling so far from home all alone. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Crystal Lodge delivers location, amenities and yet retains a sumptuousness that bigger hotels can't deliver. We had the king suite this year with fireplace - ohh so good at ski day end. Staff knowledgeable, helpful and ski valets just soo good.

Room Tip: Village side suites allow view of mountain plus Whistler activity, yet are reasonably quiet when the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lindsay, thank you very much for your continued loyalty in the Crystal Lodge. We are proudly independent thus appreciate very much your comment. I will be sure you pass your comments about our staff to the team and look forward to welcoming you back again next year.

Dawson Creek, Canada
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed again at this hotel and loved everything about the loft suite we had. Close to shopping, restaurants, quiet and the staff is amazing :) We travelled with teen agers and found the loft suite perfect. Nice balcony looking right out on the main street, yet it was quiet when the door was shut.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank RoxyBC
RoxyBC, thank you for your review of the Crystal Lodge. We are so pleased that you and your family enjoyed the Loft suite and that our team exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your next trip down to Whistler.