“'not much longer' ?!?”
Review of Eco Chic Spa

Eco Chic Spa
Ranked #10 of 19 Spas & Wellness in Whistler
More attraction details
Owner description: Eco Chic Spa is an earth friendly spa in the heart of Whistler Creekside. We are passionate about the spa industry and offer you only the most natural products and services available today.
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“'not much longer' ?!?”
Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

My mani was booked for 5pm
I arrived at 4:50 & filled out the necessary paperwork.
The receptionist was VERY chatty
By 5:18 I was getting annoyed & kept being told 'not much longer'.
Well, by 5:25 I decided to walk out, as I 'possibly' wouldn't be seen until 5:40!
UNACCEPTABLE!
I was told no manager was on duty to discuss with me - I left my number for her to call me, never heard from her! Poor poor customer service!
If the situation was reversed & I was late, I would obviously be charged for, and possibly miss the treatment!
Don't waste your time, GO ELSEWHERE!

7 Thank mummybearof3

Seattle, WA
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Some good, some not so impressed”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Their customer service is good. Prices are to be expected in whistler. I got a body wrap and facial and the wrap was the special so a reduced price. Ambiance is nice but room was cold. I think they need to have heated massage bed pads like most spas I visit. I was very cold the entire treatment.
The woman doing my services was professional and did not disturb my relaxation with talking. However she was 15 min. Late starting my service and ended about 10 min. Early. I paid for treatments that were supposed to be 60 and 90 min so she cut me short about 25 min. Upon completely the body wrap she started the shower and left te room. It was very dark and scalding hot so I couldn't figure out how to turn down the temperature. I could not enjoy the shower that seemed like it would be great with the multiple heads. So, in sum it is a nice, clean, quiet spa with a good location but some details need to be fixed.

1 Thank naomi978
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Very Disappointing Experience!!”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Very Disappointing Experience!!
I just discovered yelp and feel relived that I was not the only one to have a less than pleasing experience at this spa.
My adorable husband booked me a prenatal massage as I was 18weeks along at the time. When I got to the spa ready for my relaxing gift my first disappointment was that I was not acknowledged in any way by to sour receptionist who looked like she had just been scolded. Then after hearing heated bickering in the hall I assume between staff members the receptionist finally offered me some tea.
Second disappointment - they did not have a therapist available at the time who could do my massage so I was booked in at a later time. No problem I would do a little shopping for an hour till someone was available. To be honest at this time I was seriously thinking of not coming back but had been told that my husbands credit card would be charged if I went to the appointment or not. So not wanting to waist a very thoughtful gift I waited around for my appointment.
When I arrived the second time the original receptionist had been replaced by another nicer one.
My therapist was 20min late and although very nice looked a little flustered when she came to get me from reception. Third disappointment - no pregnancy pillow!!! I had to have my massage on my side with hard pillows around for support. I could not get comfortable. Not at all the relaxing massage I had been looking forward to all day.
As I was leaving there was more bickering between staff in the hallway. This is not a nice relaxing spa with happy staff. The space itself is lovely but the tension and disorganization really put a big black mark on the whole experience. I would not recommend trying Eco Chic Spa.

J.Vico

2 Thank jess v
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Eco Amazing!”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My first visit to this spa was last year and I experienced one of the best massages I had ever had; as a bonus the RMT recommended I see a chiropractor to deal with an issue she discovered that was the reason my neck was prepetually sore. I'll admit that I was sceptical but, I took the advice and she was completely correct with her diagnosis! After 2 months of treatment I have not had an issue since. So, when I booked my 90 minute deep tissue this past weekend my expectations were extremely high ... well, I was not disappointed!! Michelle was AMAZING!!! She has amazing hands, is extremely knowledgable and a lovely lady who takes great care in her treatments. I didn't think my last message at Eco Chic could be topped but, it was ...soooo, that's two of the best ever. Thank you Michelle and Eco Team.

1 Thank Carolynn55
Tadworth, United Kingdom
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 165 helpful votes
“Great Reflexology”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

A very good reflexology treatment. In contrast with other reviews posted here the room was warm and cosy; the therapist (Marilyn) was friendly and professional and really knew what she was doing so I would recommend thoroughly this particular service.

4 Thank CDL2264