“What a blast!”

$142.23*
Blackcomb Mountain Winter Snowmobile Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Canadian Wilderness Adventures have been operating year round in Whistler BC since 1993.Winter adventures include Snowmobile, Snowcat, Dog Sledding, Snowshoeing and the famous Mountain-top fondue at the Crystal Hut, 6000ft high on Blackcomb Mountain. Summer fun includes ATV, Jeep, Electric Mountain Bike & Canoe tours and evening Salmon bake dinner's, also at the Crystal Hut. Our tours are all tailored to the ability of the participants and our guides are the best in the business, mixing skills with talent and passion. Explore the mountain scenery and wildlife, take in the spectacular views while you ride amongst them. Come experience a Canadian adventure today!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed July 19, 2013

It was hot. Dusty. And fun! It was my first time on an ATV and not something on my bucket list. Our son convinced us to try it so we did Call of the Wild. Although its for intermediate to advanced, our guide, Georgi, gave us a quick lesson and assessed skill levels. We went to some great spots where the views were magnificent AND we did some exciting single track riding that took my breath away. It was so much fun to feel challenged and discover a new sport!
The highlight was the refreshing swim towards the end. Only my husband and I were game to join our guide. Soooo glad we did our bodies are sore today from using muscles we don't usually. It's a good sign of having pushed ourselves! Yeehaw!!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We went on two of their trips- one was the jeep tour and the other the atv. Well the jeep tour was an SUV tour- when we asked why we had the SUV we were told that all the jeeps were out on excursions ( I paid for a JEEP to be outdoors. , not an enclosed SUV - that beings said tour guide was nice enough- but that was it). The route itself was ehhhh.... Nothing to write home about. We had signed up for another tour with them- atv's, again a bait and switch. We were told that we would have an atv that would have a back on it ( just like the one they have on display at the four seasons) because I was taking my 5 year old with us. What we got was an older model atv... Again we made it work but was quite disappointed. Trip similar to the jeep ride.... Go up mt. Just not as far... And come back down again. You should check out other companies for these type of excursions, I wish we did as we found one that offered better equipment and trails and to boot the were less expensive.

Brittia T, Guest Relations Manager at Canadian Wilderness Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Hello nbart00,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that you had a poor experience. I have spoken to operations and have gained more insight into this situation. One of our jeeps was experiencing some mechanical difficulties so we ended up using our Yukon. We do apologize for this as we know that it isn't the same experience. I have spoken to our front desk agents and are ensuring that when this unfortunate situation arises to please explain to the guests that the tour is now in an Yukon instead of a Jeep. I am so sorry that this was missed upon your check-in. As for the tour itself we travel as high as Whistler Blackcomb allows us to. I am sorry that this was not the experience you had hoped for.

As for the ATV portion I believe the ATV you are referencing is the one that is in the Four Seasons Lobby. This ATV actually belongs to The Adventure Group, which is an entirely separate company. All of our ATV's are Honda 2012 and 2013 models. As with any ATV tour the guides have to cater to the group as whole. With that being said how high our ATV tour's go on the mountain depends on the ability level of the group. We would love to get you out on a complimentary Call of the Wild ATV tour during your next visit to Whistler. This is our intermediate level tour and it has more rugged terrain.

I sincerely apologize on behalf of CWA. We aim to provide exceptional experiences to our guests. I would love to remedy the situation regarding the Jeep so I have contacted you directly to let you know what we can do for you.

Thank you for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated as we love growing as a company.

Cheers,

Brittia - In-Resort Sales and Marketing Manager

Reviewed July 14, 2013

My family of 6 signed up for the 2 hr Mountain Explorer ride. Unless you have never driven an ATV I would not recommend it. Basically it's a drive along dirt service roads for maintenance vehicles..boring and UNbelievably dusty. The sights are not that great and you never feel you are in the Canadian Wilderness. Our trip was further dampened by 3 drivers who seriously could not operate the ATVs. They slowed down the entire group and I wonder if our guide took all of us on a different tour to accommodate these drivers near complete lack of ability. Our two 18 yr olds enjoyed it the experience more, perhaps because it was their first time to drive an ATV. 3 years ago I drove an ATV with an outfit in Alaska and I was expecting a similar experience in Canada. Not even close unfortunately. Perhaps the Callaghan Mountain tours are more rugged and away from the service roads.

Brittia T, Manager at Canadian Wilderness Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Hello JMorganTexas,

So sorry to hear that you found the tour disappointing. Generally when people are looking to book an ATV tour we ask if they have had any previous experience driving an ATV. If so we try to steer them towards the Call of the Wild ATV tour in the Callaghan Valley. Our Call of the Wild ATV tour has more single track roads, rugged terrain, and more obstacles. However, if guests are looking for a shorter tour this tour is better for them.

As for the other members in your group - I do apologize for this. Our guides do have to accommodate everyone in the group for each tour. For groups that are more advanced and demonstrate competence on the ATV's we like to take them in our terrain garden which is rugged forested area with single track paths. In your case I am very sorry that you couldn't experience this. As for the views, how high a tour gets is again dependent on the groups ability, so I am sorry you didn't get to see the views you had hoped for. Not all tours are like this, and in general most of our tours do go quite high and get to experience the terrain garden.

We would love for you to come experience the Call of the Wild ATV Tour with us on your next visit. If you are returning please email me at inresort@canadian01.com and I can set you up with a tour.

Thank you for the feedback. It is greatly appreciated. We hope to see you soon!

Cheers,

Brittia Thompson - In-resort Sales and Marketing Manager

Reviewed July 12, 2013

So fun in the rain! Best thing to do in Whistler when it is raining. The tour was amazing, the people are amazing (Sheree) :)

Highly recommended - get outside & get muddy!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

The Call of the Wild tour is the best ATV tour I've done by far. Our group was confident on the ATVs so our guide was able to bring things up to our level. We raced through muddy puddles - not a problem because they provide coveralls, helmet, goggles, etc. There was lots of different terrain and great views. lots of fun and we even got to see bears!

Definitely coming back to try this one again.