““Snowshoeing in the Callaghan Valley””

Canadian Wilderness Adventures
$136.87*
Whistler Wilderness Snowmobile Run
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Canadian Wilderness Adventures have been operating year round in Whistler BC since 1993.Winter adventures include Snowmobile, Snowcat, Dog Sledding, Snowshoeing and the famous Mountain-top fondue at the Crystal Hut, 6000ft high on Blackcomb Mountain. Summer fun includes ATV, Jeep, & Canoe tours and evening Salmon bake dinner's, also at the Crystal Hut. Our tours are all tailored to the ability of the participants and our guides are the best in the business, mixing skills with talent and passion. Explore the mountain scenery and wildlife, take in the spectacular views while you ride amongst them. Come experience a Canadian adventure today!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We had a great time snowshoeing, Jordan was our guide and he was excellent. We only had 3 in our group which made it really personal, we didnt feel rushed and we stopped off for a healthy snack and some very interesting 'tea'.
Really fantastic experience and thank you Jordan.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Four of us co-workers with a quick day off to enjoy Whistler decided in the evening to try some some snowshoeing so we booked this three hour tour. We were the only ones on the tour so we had our own guide, Melanie. It was a gorgeous night with the snow coming down like crazy... we hiked all through the woods while Melanie introduced us to native trees, mosses, shrubs and other assorted fungi ... we stopped at an old trappers cabin and visited a lake. This would have been fun during the day but it was magical at night. At the end we were treated to hot chocolate, chilly and hot dogs around an open fire with nothing but the sounds of the sled dogs echoing in the distance.
Highly recommend - Melanie was great. Not only was her knowledge of the environment top notch it was obvious that she has a real passion for it and was super excited to share what she knew. We all commented to each other what a perfect person she was for that job... THANKS!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We had a great time on the snowmobile trip up to Crystal Hut for fondue on Valentines Day! Jaime did a great job as our guide and intrepid leader - even when people in our group tipped over their snowmobiles and snow cats cut us off. The fondue dinner was great and they even gave us all a special treat of strawberries dipped in chocolate since it was Valentines Day!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We joined our son and his family for a skiing trip to Whistler. My husband and I don't ski, so we were looking for other fun things to do. We saw the Medicine Trail snowshoe tour advertised, and it sounded like it would be a beautiful experience. I was unsure though if I was fit enough for the snowshoe hike of two hours. The time and distance did not turn out to be a problem for me. The challenge was that the temperatures had been above freezing during the days, and there was not much new snow, so some parts of the trail were packed hard and icy, and I found the frequent ups and downs on the trail pretty scary. Our guide, Jordan, was very sensitive to my apprehension, and was right beside me offering a firm hand onto which I could grab whenever I felt uneasy on the hills. He was delightful and very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the beautiful forest through which we hiked. We were not staying in the village, and Jordan picked us up and dropped us off at our hotel. I'm happy we took the hike on the Medicine Trail with Jordan, and I could not have been more grateful for the way he gave his all to make this an enjoyable experience for us.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Myself, boyfriend and another couple went on the night time fondue tour up to the crystal hut by snowmobile and this was such an amazing experience for us. I really have to complement our Tour guide JAMIE, who really made the whole trip enjoyable and exciting for us all, she was fun, professional and gave us all the confidence that she would be looking after us out there on the snowmobiles. i would really recommend this tour as you get to do both: the snowmobile adventure and then a big cheesy fondue dinner afterwards with a glass of wine and live entertainment.. a truly Canadian experience and we loved every minute of it. Thank you to all of the Canadian team members, you guys are great :)