“Snowmobiling With Georgie”

and up
Call of the Wild ATV Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Canadian Wilderness Adventures have been operating year round in Whistler BC since 1993.Winter adventures include Snowmobile, Snowcat, Dog Sledding, Snowshoeing and the famous Mountain-top fondue at the Crystal Hut, 6000ft high on Blackcomb Mountain. Summer fun includes ATV, Jeep, & Canoe tours and evening Salmon bake dinner's, also at the Crystal Hut. Our tours are all tailored to the ability of the participants and our guides are the best in the business, mixing skills with talent and passion. Explore the mountain scenery and wildlife, take in the spectacular views while you ride amongst them. Come experience a Canadian adventure today!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
“Snowmobiling With Georgie”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I took my wife on her first ever Snowmobile ride for Valentine’s Day, and she drove her on machine. The crew at Canadian Wilderness Adventures were very well trained and gave my wife a very comfortable feeling toward this new adventure.

Georgie was very informative regarding the area and what the possibilities of further adventures of this type would entail.

All in all it was just a great time with lot of great pictures and fun conversation.

Highly recommend this for all ages, we in particiular are not young.

Gerry B.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Snowmobiling Fun”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Loved my first time on a snowmobile; lots of fun. We were in the Sprout Mountain area and had time to go fast on a late, plus travel through trails.
Thanks to Georgie - a great guide and instructor.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Snowmobiling! Great times had.”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I went with 5 friends to the wilderness trail snowmobiling adventure and we all had a great first time on skidoos.
The snowmobiling bit went for about 2 hours and seemed to go pretty quick, i guess because we were having heaps of fun. Really cool experience, I would do another more advanced course if i had more cash available. we did a lot of cool trail riding and practicing hitting some fairly steep slopes.

Luke weinstien was the guide and he was a good lad - he gave good instruction but most importantly he was patient when we did something stupid - which is much appreciated.

I would have liked to have done more free riding without following the group in a line all the time, and i would have like more oppurtunity to unleash and really see what the machines can do but i guess its a safety thing maybe. thats just me cause im a speed freak most people would probably be fine with the pace. I guess there are the more advanced tours for that anyway. Also, in their defense, there was a lot of fog around which limited the opportunity for freeriding and i hear they do let you do your own thing on the lake a bit more when the weather is clearer. i wont reduce the rating based on my preference but it is something to be aware of if your like me (having used atvs/seadoos a fair bit)... as you might want a course which is a bit more advanced.

all round great time had by all.

Visited February 2013
Brittia T, Manager at Canadian Wilderness Adventures, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Hi Wildman4000,

I am so glad that you had such a good time. Our Backcountry X tour, which is our 4 hour more advanced snowmobile tour, is where you get to go faster and play in powder. You should definitely come back to try it!

We have tours for every level, a beginner tour for those who have never gone snowmobiling before, to our 7 hour Powderhound which is for advanced riders.

Thank you for your review and I will definitely pass on koodos to Luke. We hope to see you soon.

Cheers,

Brittia

In-resort sales and marketing for Canadian Wilderness Adventures.
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Snow shoeing in the Callaghan, great fun”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

A great trip, short and fun. I did the 9:00am departure - we were a group of 6 plus our guide Mel. The snow- shoeing is easy, no previous experience of any kind is needed and Mel took the time to explain the few basics, and off we set. Mel has an astounding knowledge of the flora and fauna and made the walk informative and interesting. She also treated us to lichen tea which was a welcome break on a cold morning. I was on my own (family were skiing), but would recommend for all ages.

West Vancouver, Canada
“snowshoeing tour”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

It was definitely a worthwhile experience, with beautiful scenery and very serene surroundings. Melanie's guidance and knowledge of horticulture was impressive.
A great activity to do with couples or families.