“Winter Wonderland”

Coast Blackcomb Suites at Whistler
Ranked #16 of 49 Hotels in Whistler
Reviewed January 4, 2010

My husband, children and I usually stay here on family holidays during the summer and winter every time we are in Whistler. It is a great hotel with breakfast included, it's private, quiet and we love the ski lodge furnishing and feel. This time, however, some friends and I booked a girls long weekend and it was EXCELLENT. We had a great two bedroom suite overlooking the snow covered treetops and the Blackcomb ski slopes, we were comfortable and the un-pretensious service was exceptional and not in your face (which I Iike). I highly recommend this hotel for a girls getaway or a quiet family holiday.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
Coastwhistler, Manager at Coast Blackcomb Suites at Whistler, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2010

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are so pleased we are your hotel of choice when it comes to Whistler! It sounds like you and your friends had an amazing time! We are proud to be able to offer amenities such as our complimentary breakfast, spacious suites with full kitchens and fabulous mountainside views. On behalf of the entire Coast Blackcomb Suites we look forward to welcoming you back!

Kim Kelly
Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,532)

Reviewed December 29, 2009

We decided to see Whistler in summer because the pictures we've seen of the area are breath-taking. The real deal is even better. Given the lower cost of the Residence Inn at Whistler, I expected to be a little disappointed. I wasn't. Our room was a suite with a kitchenette and was perfect. My kids loved to pool. The staff was friendly. The breakfast buffet had everything you could imagine. The hotel is very close to lots to do. We hiked along the slopes and down into the village. There were a bazillion things to do. I loved watching the mountain bikers do tricks on the slopes as we ate lunch. We rode the gondola up to the summit and saw bears below us. There are several provincial parks near by with lots of hiking. My family loved the whole experience.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your feedback. It sounds like you and your family had an amazing summer getaway! We are proud to be able to offer amenities such as our complimentary breakfast, spacious suites with full kitchens and fabulous mountainside views. On behalf of the entire Coast Blackcomb Suites we look forward to welcoming you back!

Kim Kelly
Operations Manager

Reviewed December 28, 2009

Great experience at this place .... my lasting memory is soaking in the outdoor hot tub ~ so relaxing, in a postcard perfect slopeside setting with big snow-laden trees. Interactions with staff were positive: genuinely friendly and action-oriented, and offered great insights about how & where to find the kind of fun we were seeking in Whistler. Our 1 bdrm room nicely accommodated a group of friends: my bed was the pull-out couch and it was comfy and well appointed with nice linens etc. I walked away with a feeling that I had experienced whistler magic at good value.

Reviewed December 22, 2009

Room was great and outdoor hot tub even better! The complimentary breakfast was a very nice touch. I would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed December 22, 2009

The rooms were spacious, clean, and had great art hung on the walls. The kitchenette we had had clean dishes, and lots of space to make ourselves at home. The hot tub was the temperature to my liking, and the extra towels made sense! The breakfast was so delicious, I had to go back for seconds! But the best part, was when we accidentally locked our keys in the running vehicle, someone from the Hotel helped us out with trying to open the van doors. Thanks Dude! What a beautiful location....loved seeing the chair lift cruise up the hill from our window. I'd do THAT again!

Reviewed October 15, 2009

I was pleased with the room, kitchen facilities, and king size bed. We had tickets to the native cultural center included in the room price, plus a more than we could eat buffet breakfast, so that was a great value. The free bus shuttle was handy to get to town. The pool/hot tub was not working, but we were offered use at a different hotel, but that was not convenient to drive to another hotel. We were happy with our stay.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2009

I travel to Whistler a number of times each summer to ride in the Whistler Bike Park, and the Residence Inn is always my first choice for accommodations. The complimentary breakfast is a great way to start a day of activities, the parking easy, and they even have "bike pods" to securely store our mountain bikes. Two hot tubs and a swimming pool make hot days comfortable and help relax after eight hours of body pounding downhill riding!
You can keep up on your work load with their complimentary internet, and if you know where to look you can find a blue run bike trail down the hill from the hotel just across the ski run. Ski run you say? Yes, this hotel is the furthest up on Blackcomb mountain so it's ideal for ski in and ski out in the Winter.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends